Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,848 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Not sure how many of you got to play the beta, but it was REALLY awesome! Game is very arcadey and doesn't require a ton of skill to play and have fun. But the large battles (called Walker Assault) are just incredible from a Star Wars fan perspective. The sounds and look is dead on. Tie Fighters flying around, Imperial Walkers doing their thing, AT-STs stomping around making a mess of things. Very cool! I'm getting the full game for sure.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm still waiting to see what all it looks like at release personally. I'm not really that inclined to throw money at DICE again anytime soon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Knifey, why so glum, glummy? You glum or something?

For Day 65 until TFA, I present Order 65 from the novel Republic Commando: True Colors.

Order 65 stated that if either a majority of the Galactic Senate or the Republic Security Council deemed the Supreme Chancellorthe Supreme Commander of the Grand Army and an office held by Palpatine during the warunfit for duty, and if the clone forces directly received Order 65, then the army was to immediately arrest or, if needed, kill the Chancellor. Following this, command of the Grand Army would be given to the acting Chancellor until a stable replacement could be chosen.[url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_65#cite_note-TC-0][1][/url]

According to Wookieepedia, there were 150 such contingency orders in all. Including this one, which I suppose would have been used against worlds harboring a Jedi post-Purge.

Order 37: Capture of a single wanted individual through the mass arrest and threatened execution of a civilian population. Follow-up directives include scenarios for body disposal of civilian casualties and suppression of communications.
Simplebay
AG
rumors are the trailer hits Monday. Anthony Breznican's twitter basically confirmed it, and he's pretty much the mouthpiece for Abrams
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Isn't it pretty much "unofficially official" at this point?

Been talking about it on here for a few weeks now. I swear to God, if it doesn't come out on Monday, I'm gonna be pissed.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/10/is-the-full-trailer-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-coming-on-october-19th.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably an announcement of what time tickets go on sale. There'll be a lot of people that will want to buy those the second they go live.
TCTTS
AG
Including this guy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't decide if I want to get tickets for the IMAX theater near my office, which doesn't do reserved seating, or the XPLUS theater that has reserved seating, leather recliners, and Dolby Atmos, but has a smaller screen and a LOT less seats.

On the one hand, I don't have to line up early for a reserved seat, but on the other hand, a bigger screen and more people in the theater just sounds better for an opening night experience.
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember the last time I stood in line for a movie, but this is the one exception I'd make. Star Wars + IMAX is absolutely worth it.
PatAg
AG
quote:

Duncan Idaho
Another plot point I am missing. I am sure it came up but I missed it in my one viewing of the prequels.

Why is Liea called princess?

If she got the title from her mom, that doesn't make sense since her mom wasnt queen when she was born, plus Vader sure as **** would have known he had a daughter, which means the emperor would have known. Making the whole put the kids in hiding thing pretty pointless.

If she it was because she was raised as organa's kid, when dId he as send to the title of king or prince from a senator?

MGS
Bail's wife, Leia's adopted mom, was the Queen of Alderaan.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Bail's wife, Leia's adopted mom, was the Queen of Alderaan.

Thanks
Kujo30
AG

jabberwalkie09
Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I can't decide if I want to get tickets for the IMAX theater near my office, which doesn't do reserved seating, or the XPLUS theater that has reserved seating, leather recliners, and Dolby Atmos, but has a smaller screen and a LOT less seats.

On the one hand, I don't have to line up early for a reserved seat, but on the other hand, a bigger screen and more people in the theater just sounds better for an opening night experience.
You've got more hands than Dexter Jettster!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Reminds me of Jedi Outcast where if you timed it just right, you could kill big bad Desaan in the Jedi Temple by dropping a lightsaber-shorn column on him.

Throw your hands up if you played Outcast; damn that game rocked!

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Isn't it pretty much "unofficially official" at this point?

Obligatory!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For realsies this time!
The Collective
AG
At this point, the entertainment board should buy out a whole show.
The Collective
AG
quote:
For realsies this time!

I will binge watch it over and over, and then feel so empty on the inside as I start to think about the release date being two months away.
Malachi Constant
AG
Definitely. TC needs to pull some strings and get everyone on the Entertainment board tickets to the opening at TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, that's where I'll be that Thursday night. Will be buying 10-ish tickets regardless for friends. The second the ticket day is announced, I'll be calling TCL to get the exact time they'll put tickets on sale. There's a very specific row I want.
TCTTS
AG
This is definitely starting to feel real...

http://collider.com/star-wars-7-trailer-tickets-pre-sale
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
64 days till TFA...

And 5 until trailer/tickets day...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
There's a very specific row I want.

So you're saying you'll only watch The Force Awakens from a certain point of view?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

quote:

So you're saying you'll only watch The Force Awakens from a certain point of view?
wangus12
AG
quote:

quote:

I'm just desperate to get a ticket for opening night
Malachi Constant
AG
What's the best row for IMAX?

I remember seeing Interstellar in IMAX and wishing I was actually a couple of rows further back.
AliasMan02
AG
Gonna see it Friday during the day, I think.
The Collective
AG
I know this has been discussed, but can't find it. Will somebody provide the list showing the true IMAX screens in Texas (not sure if TRUE is the right word, but hopefully y'all know what I mean)?
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.