Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,127 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Knife_Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was a rash of games that came out around the time the special edition and prequels were in theater. I'd think with all the new movies we'll see this again.
redline248
AG
quote:
I've never thought about all the water damage the xwing must have had after that. Does it have leather or cloth seats? And good luck drying it out in the swamps of dagobah

You don't think Luke used some sort of force blow drying technique?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Did anyone ever play The Phantom Menace PC game? It let you make some of the oddest choices possible, including Obi-Wan slaughtering everyone in Otoh Gunga and Qui-Gon killing everyone in Mos Espa, to the point where Amidala will say "It's terrible, there's someone going around murdering people!" and Anakin eventually saying, "I'm not going to help a murderer like you!"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I've never thought about all the water damage the xwing must have had after that. Does it have leather or cloth seats? And good luck drying it out in the swamps of dagobah
Bro, that's Dianoga leather... it only gets more supple with swamp water.
Knife_Party
quote:
Did anyone ever play The Phantom Menace PC game? It let you make some of the oddest choices possible, including Obi-Wan slaughtering everyone in Otoh Gunga and Qui-Gon killing everyone in Mos Espa, to the point where Amidala will say "It's terrible, there's someone going around murdering people!" and Anakin eventually saying, "I'm not going to help a murderer like you!"

I played it some, but was PC starved at the time so didn't have it myself. Don't remember much. I had virtually every star wars game for every console I owned starting with the N64. I have the Force Unleashed games for 360, but nothing beat good old Rogue Squadron. Jedi Starfighter was a surprisingly fun game for Xbox, and of course we can't forget Knights of the Old Republic. Best. Game. Ever.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If i didn't have to work or didn't have kids, I'd play KOTOR once a month, and shake my fist at the idiots who released KOTOR2 unfinished.
Thunder18
AG
KOTOR was amazing
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Only played the second one. Is the first one way better?
Thunder18
AG
The first KOTOR is legitimately one of my favorite games of all time, way better than the 2nd
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always wanted to play KOTOR but I always had Nintendo consoles.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Always wanted to play KOTOR but I always had Nintendo consoles.
Well, I have some good news for you then. KOTOR along with a bunch of other Star Wars games are on steam now. So, no console required.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
KOTOR was amazing
If they made a live-action or animated movie of the first KOTOR game, I would show up at midnight dressed as Canderous to see it.
Malachi Constant
AG
KOTOR is available for iPad now. I just finished two playthroughs. I actually enjoyed it more on the ipad that on xbox/pc because it was so easy to just pick up and put down whenever you want.

The only thing is the swoop racing sucks. You're better off just skipping that.
redline248
AG
Taris
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Taris

It's why I used the Force dash/speed more than any power in the game, just trying to get around that map.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sweet, it's on the play store as well. Will be downloading on my nexus tablet.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
It's why I used the Force dash/speed more than any power in the game, just trying to get around that map.
Knight Speed is the first power you should simply because it makes the game so much more bearable.

It also gives you an extra attack with flurry, something I didn't realize until later...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I may regret making this request, but you need to post your updates playing the game here. You're such a mega-fan, I'd love to see your perspective enjoying the best SW game of all time.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
I may regret making this request, but you need to post your updates playing the game here. You're such a mega-fan, I'd love to see your perspective enjoying the best SW game of all time.
Totally agree. And keep us informed on how you run down your Light/Dark decisions.

If I may make a suggestion, make sure you have a high technical/repair stat (I forget the exact mechanic). It affords you a lot of fun options you don't get exposed to otherwise. (No Spoilers)
AliasMan02
AG
Dangit, somebody tell me why I shouldn't download all of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games, KOTOR, and the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games on Steam. I have no time to play them, of course, but still... they could be there on my computer, waiting for when I DID have time.
redline248
AG
I remember playing through dark side the first time I played KOTOR. So much fun.
AliasMan02
AG
I can never bring myself to play an evil character in Star Wars, Mass Effect, etc.

I have spent the last half hour or so watching Jedi Knight cut scenes. The video was so high quality for back then, but damn... the acting was HORRIBLE. How things have changed.

If Jurassic World has shown us anything, it's that nostalgia is a winner. It's surprising that there is no updated X-Wing or Dark Forces out there for new platforms. They could rewrite updated versions of them into the new canon, even... but even barring that they could release a line of classic Legends (that's what the old EU is called now, right?) games. Doesn't seem like it would be tough to do.

Hell, just use Battlefront as the engine and release DLC single player content for Dark Forces, Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight, Shadows of the Empire, etc. The bones are all there. How hard could it be?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

best SW game of all time? Hardly... but it was good

I'd put X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Rebellion ahead of it...

I LOVED Star Wars Rebellion
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Dangit, somebody tell me why I shouldn't download all of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games, KOTOR, and the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games on Steam. I have no time to play them, of course, but still... they could be there on my computer, waiting for when I DID have time.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Also l, speaking g of classic games on IPad.... XCOM is on IPad and the graphics and interface are superb
Knife_Party
I used to play the **** out of Rebellion on my PC. Did it during my RTS phase. Close Combat, Age of Empires, Civilization, etc. Nothing beat building a big ass fleet full of super star destroyers and smashing the **** out of the rebels.
Phat32
AG
Can't wait for Battlefront 2
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I used to play the **** out of Rebellion on my PC. Did it during my RTS phase. Close Combat, Age of Empires, Civilization, etc. Nothing beat building a big ass fleet full of super star destroyers and smashing the **** out of the rebels.
I still go back and play Rebellion now and again... great fun on the PC
jabberwalkie09
AG
Reminder to those watching Rebels, the second season premier is Saturday at 9 Eastern. Here are a couple of spoilery videos for the premier.

Clips for the S2 opener:

Less spoiler stuff, but some cast speaking and Kinsberg also in a preview for the season.

And again here is the season two trailer:
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
I LOVED Star Wars Rebellion

That's not a universal opinion. I remember reading some writer that had that as the worst Star Wars game out there. I had that game and thought it was ok, but I think part of the appeal was that there wasn't a lot of Star War titles at the time. Later titles were a lot better.
AgMarauder04
AG
Is that the one that had like "favor" on different planets?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Jeez, I've never even played Rebellion, what's wrong with me? My favorites were KOTOR, BattleFront, and Empire at War, especially with the Forces of Corruption expansion pack.

After that it's Jedi Outcast, which I bought a Russian version off eBay for $10 three months before it came out in stores.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Is that the one that had like "favor" on different planets?
That's Empire at War
redline248
AG
Is rebellion the one that is basically age of empires with star wars skins?
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.