Movie Filming Locations in Texas

55,083 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by policywonk98
87AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made for TV but I believe Benji was filmed in McKinney
1876er
AG

Not a movie, but season 1 of heroes was filmed in Odessa.

I've lived in Midland for 2.5 years and still can't find the area they filmed the show...
old-Rudyjax
quote:
I thought people were pulling my leg that "Revenge Of The Nerds" was filmed at A&M, but part of it was.

Not true. I feel like a broken record.
Old Jock 1997
AG
1876er,

Hahahahaha!!! That was the only episode of Heroes that I watched. Growing up in Odessa, they lost me with that scene.
MWR Admin
S
A Tiger's Tale Starring Ann Margaret
Filmed in a small town outside of Richmond, Rosenberg. Was it Guy?
Can't think of the name right now.
They used a dance hall in the town and filmed late at night.

Also,
Lolita near Wharton, TX with the TeePee's huts/hotel legendary ones are?

Gil Renard
CapCityAg89
AG
Really weird bump.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Is Rudyjax around to tell us Revenge of the Nerds was NOT filmed in College Station.

Actually it is Unknown Thought now.
Aggie87
AG
I'll add a couple I haven't noticed -

Part of one of the Transformers with Mark Wahlberg was filmed in Elgin

Part of The Great Waldo Pepper was filmed in Elgin and New Sweden

Machete and Machete Kills

Boyhood

Dazed & Confused (mentioned) and it's "sort of" sequel, Everybody Wants Some!!
Duncan Idaho
Many a movie has been filmed in my bedroom.

Some staring the ops mom.
MooreTrucker
AG
I've always heard that the "riding off into the sunset" scene at the end of one of the Indiana Jones movies was filmed outside of Hereford. The story is that someone involved in that movie and Leap of Faith remembered the great West Texas sunsets.

Also, legend is that the drill team at the beginning of A Few Good Men is the fish drill team.
Ringo88
AG
The legend is true about the Fish Drill Team.

Benji was filmed in McKinney. I was at the world premiere at Northpark and was the first kid out of the theater to get my picture made with the dog.

Regarding Fandango.....I know where Dom's tombstone still lies.

This thread makes me homesick for our great state.
Rudyjax
AG
Brennus said:

Is Rudyjax around to tell us Revenge of the Nerds was NOT filmed in College Station.

Actually it is Unknown Thought now.
It was NOT filmed in College Station.
Rudyjax
AG
Quote:

Also, legend is that the drill team at the beginning of A Few Good Men is the fish drill team

this makes me feel so old.

It was the classes of 92,93, and 94 performing as the Marine Corps Drill team. It was filmed in the fall so the fish drill team was not ready.

Zone416 was not in the movie, but as a former hound was a leader.
Raptor
AG
Sidenote: Leap of Faith was filmed in west Texas as stated previously, however the diner that they used in the movie belonged to my Uncle's girlfriend/wife (no pics, sorry). Her name is Juanita and she said Steve Martin was an *******!
wessimo
AG
The Sun
Raptor said:

Sidenote: Leap of Faith was filmed in west Texas as stated previously, however the diner that they used in the movie belonged to my Uncle's girlfriend/wife (no pics, sorry). Her name is Juanita and she said Steve Martin was an *******!

A high school friend's mom played "glitter jeans mother" and said the same thing about Martin.
Serious Lee
TAZ99 said:

Michael at Gruene Hall
also at the La Grange courthouse.
Duncan Idaho
If you get out to el paso and hit up cattleman's steakhouse you can go to a the "courage under fire" set. They still have a lot of the vehicles out there in the sand.
Presley OBannons Sword
I haven't read this whole thread so it might have been mentioned, but renowned martial arts flick Sidekicks starring Bill Denbrough was filmed in Houston
AggieArchitect04
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I've always heard that the "riding off into the sunset" scene at the end of one of the Indiana Jones movies was filmed outside of Hereford. The story is that someone involved in that movie and Leap of Faith remembered the great West Texas sunsets.

Also, legend is that the drill team at the beginning of A Few Good Men is the fish drill team.
Yes, that was the final shot of The Last Crusade.

Aircraft carrier scenes for Pearl Harbor were shot aboard the USS Lexington in Corpus.

I don't know where the opening shot of Uncommon Valor was supposed to be "north of Galveston" although they never specified how far north, what with the mountains in the background.
sleepybeagle
AG
Some of the old footage in the opening sequence in Mad Max II (Roadwarrior) was partly from Baytown Texas

Corporal Punishment
AG
Split Image starring Karen Allen was filmed in Mesquite.

Didn't see Silkwood mentioned (it sucked). Kurt Russell and Meryl Streep starred in this movie shot in Howe and Tom Bean, Texas.

Sure was nice when IMDb still had the comments sections and you could read very specific filming details. No mas.
maca1028
sleepybeagle said:

Some of the old footage in the opening sequence in Mad Max II (Roadwarrior) was partly from Baytown Texas

I didn't know that! John Wayne's Hellfighters was also filmed in those old oil fields. Was Goose Creek, TX at the time.
policywonk98
AG
Amazon will release season 1 of I Love Dick with Kevin Bacon on May 12. Filmed out in Marfa. I think the show is about a writer that moves from NYC to Marfa. So Marfa is actually Marfa in the program. Bacon is not the writer. he's Dick.

Here is an interview with Bacon. He talks about Marfa as the backdrop of the show.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/kevin-bacon-i-love-dick-jill-soloway-kathryn-hahn-amazon-1201843314/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.