The lake it is said, never gives up her dead, when the skies of November turn gloomy.

84,907 Views | 505 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Hagen95
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sundown is such a jam.
maroon barchetta
bagger05 said:

Sundown is such a jam.

I heard on Eagle 107.5 in Houston that the song was about a woman Lightfoot had dated, and I guess had dumped. And that she was the woman who killed John Belushi by shooting him up with drugs.

Is that true??
Burdizzo
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bagger05 said:

Sundown is such a jam.

I heard on Eagle 107.5 in Houston that the song was about a woman Lightfoot had dated, and I guess had dumped. And that she was the woman who killed John Belushi by shooting him up with drugs.

Is that true??

According to Wikipedia, yes. She was a groupie and drug addict.
maroon barchetta
Good Lord.

I never knew that. Always thought Belushi just OD'd.
Complete Idiot
maroon barchetta said:

Good Lord.

I never knew that. Always thought Belushi just OD'd.
Well, he did. He was a huge drug addict and abusing both coke and heroin. He did ask that woman, another huge drug addict, to shoot him up with speedballs multiple times that night. Dangerous to make decisions as a huge addict and then rely on another huge addict to safely administer drugs to you. Yes, she shot him up with the speedball that killed him. But he wanted that shot, I don't think she did it against his wishes. She went to jail for involuntary manslaughter about 4 years after the death.
dabo man
AG
I saw some kind of hour long trash piece on his death years ago, and Robin Williams had stopped by Belushi's room that night and was horrified with the trashy woman that Belushi was shooting up with. I don't know if R.W. was sober by 1982, but my first thought was "Are your junkie friends all that much classier?"
snowaggie
Looking out my window I've got snow (username checks out) and 10 foot waves rolling in from a NW gale. Maybe this is Gordon protesting over his recent state of affairs?
maroon barchetta
snowaggie said:

Looking out my window I've got snow (username checks out) and 10 foot waves rolling in from a NW gale. Maybe this is Gordon protesting over his recent state of affairs?

Are by Lake Superior?
snowaggie
maroon barchetta said:

snowaggie said:

Are by Lake Superior?
Not quite...just one Great Lake below.
Claude!
The witch of November comes stealin' once again into our lives.
maroon barchetta
swc93
AG
First one without LIghtfoot.
IIIHorn

Free the socks!

maroon barchetta
IIIHorn said:

Free the socks!

Jackal99
AG
Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum, Whitefish Point, Michigan. August 15, 2023.

Hagen95
AG
IIIHorn said:

Free the socks!

Thread buoyancy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.