General
Sponsored by

tell me about San Antonio

8,798 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AgsMyDude
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Not a torta.

Yet. The Manteca relief valve on her ring finger isn't covered up.

The Wife grew up there, her parents and family are still there, Teacher Wife '82 pretty much did (her relatives settled New Braunfels), and we lived in Uvalde for 14 years. SA is not bad at all for a big city.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now do Corpus.
cas8019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smells like Tortas in here
Kiss my beans
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Now do Corpus.

It has its good points when you know where to look…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tandy miller said:

Had dinner at the Arby's on Evan's road. Average. The one in the Seguin Pilot is much better.


That one has sucked forever. You could have had Whataburger. Taco Palenque is just a cut through the Home Depot parking lot. Freebirds is just on the other side of 281 and chic FIL an and Jersey Mikes. Golden Chick is just up 281. If you are looking for some overpriced gourmet donuts, Parlor Donuts is just across from Johnson HS.
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What can I say, I was an Arby's dude in an Arby's mood. Nothing else would cut it but a beef and cheddar (with onions), curly fries, and Dr Pepper
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Now do Corpus.

I live in Corpus...


But...On the island. It's a different world here.
You can turn off signatures, btw
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agsquatch said:

I got to live in San Antonio for a while for my first job. I loved it. It is by far my favorite city and the only metro I'd ever consider living in. It's a Mexican city that happens to be in Texas.

The drivers are awful, tortas are real. Expect to get some sort of spanglish fluency in short order.

The Good:

Food. My God the food is so good.
1. Taqueria Datapoint (on De Zavala). I might dox myself to people on here because I make loving this place my entire personality. When I visit my friends over a weekend, we go at least 3 times. It is the ultimate hole in the wall, soccer on a tiny tv mexican place. If you go around lunchtime you'll see tons of landscape crew rigs parked around eating there.
--------
Distant 2nd: Mama Margies - like a Mexican waffle house. Incredible drunk food.
3. Texas Tacos - just went there yesterday. I'll post a picture of my enchiladas when I am near my phone.

Charthouse on top of the tower of americas sucks as a restaurant, go there for drinks. I actually got engaged up there. Great views of the city.

KSAT - They have a GREAT airport. Extremely easy to navigate and connections everywhere, with a lot of directs with Southwest.

There is an extremely cool blues / rock n roll / jazz club I used to haunt called Luna. It was an incredible, initmate live music place with relatively cheap drinks.

Cowboys Dancehall was also on my list, they had a killer live band and a big dancefloor.

Boerne is close enough to commute, and IMO is the perfect community. If I weren't living where I am now, I'd move to Boerne tomorrow.

Lost Maples. Just go. Camp and look at the Milky Way. I just got back from there this past weekend and it was incredible.

The Bad:
- 1604 is a hellhole filled with agony and folks selling their souls just to get one lane moving.
- If you drive any kind of upmarket offroad truck (raptor, trx, etc) or modified it's not a question of if but when it'll be stolen. There's a high profile former cop and MARSOC YT creator who had his TRX stolen out of his driveway.
- It's HOT.
- utsa. you'll never meet a group of people more proud of going to a commuter school.
are all of the taqueria datapoints that good? They're opening a new one like a mile or 2 from here

Also where is the enchilada pic
Agsquatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd imagine it's gonna be delicious. Very much worth a try
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn that looks good. Already working on my espanol.

"Donde esta la bibliotecca?"
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tandy miller said:

Damn that looks good. Already working on my espanol.

"Donde esta la bibliotecca?"

I can already picture it...

Tandy: "Donde estan las chicas y la cerveza?"

San Antonio Torta: "Señor, esto es un Arby's."
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good for you both. Take her to Bohanan's for a memorable steak dinner.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Now do Corpus.


It takes some getting used to
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FIDO*98* said:

maroon barchetta said:

Now do Corpus.


It takes some getting used to


I need to get one of those tiki roofs for my deck...
You can turn off signatures, btw
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Good for you both. Take her to Bohanan's for a memorable steak dinner.


J Prime too
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.