General
Sponsored by

*****Official Celebrity Death Watch Thread 2026*****

113,570 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maroon barchetta
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lionel Ritchie might be warming up in the bullpen….
et98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will never understand why guys like Lionel Richie are still touring in his upper 70s with lots of medical problems. That has to be a tough way of life, especially for an old and relatively fragile guy.

You're worth $200 million, dude!! Go enjoy your twilight years. You've earned it. Go spend time with the grandkids or something.
Krazykat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
et98 said:

I will never understand why guys like Lionel Richie are still touring in his upper 70s with lots of medical problems. That has to be a tough way of life, especially for an old and relatively fragile guy.

You're worth $200 million, dude!! Go enjoy your twilight years. You've earned it. Go spend time with the grandkids or something.


Work is what gives some people purpose and a sense of self-worth. Good for him.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BoxingAg84 said:

Lionel Ritchie might be warming up in the bullpen….


I'll be sure to stay up and pray for him all night long....
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Krazykat said:

et98 said:

I will never understand why guys like Lionel Richie are still touring in his upper 70s with lots of medical problems. That has to be a tough way of life, especially for an old and relatively fragile guy.

You're worth $200 million, dude!! Go enjoy your twilight years. You've earned it. Go spend time with the grandkids or something.


Work is what gives some people purpose and a sense of self-worth. Good for him.



For some of them, the work gives them purpose. For some others they have an enterprise that many others depend on for a living, and they don't feel like they can do that to loyal employees. For many people in that situation those employees are close friends or family members (some say leeches, but I don't know the full story).

Willie Nelson is another one like that
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of musicians just love performing. Herb Alpert is as rich as they come and is still touring at 91.
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the tijuana brass no less!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Herb had one of the best album covers of all time.
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always shake my head when I think of a few years ago...Rolling Stones postponed their April concert in Houston because Mick Jagger had heart surgery....a few months later..I believe it was July they performed in Houston and Mick was awesome.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
randy828 said:

I always shake my head when I think of a few years ago...Rolling Stones postponed their April concert in Houston because Mick Jagger had heart surgery....a few months later..I believe it was July they performed in Houston and Mick was awesome.

He must've had a blood transfusion from Keith Richards - no other way to explain it.

That dude is indestructible.

randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my favorite 80's songs - Always Something There to Remind Me by Naked Eyes.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2026/sep/24/pete-byrne-frontman-of-british-new-wave-band-naked-eyes-dies-aged-74

Quote:

Pete Byrne, the frontman of British new wave group Naked Eyes who carried them to repeated chart successes in the US, has died aged 74.
The news was announced on the band's website and social media on Wednesday, stating that Byrne died peacefully in Los Angeles on 14 September after a brief illness.

Byrne was part of the "second British invasion" when synthpop and new wave bands from the UK, powered in part by the rise of MTV, swept into the US, with peers including Duran Duran, A Flock of Seagulls and more.

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Pettit, NBA MVP in 1956 and 1959, dies at 93.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ErnestEndeavor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rigs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Belding has died at 75.
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rigs said:

Mr. Belding has died at 75.


It's crazy that he was only 75, I would have guessed 10 years older. He was in his 30s when Saved By The Bell started.
ErnestEndeavor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey hey hey, what is going on here?

Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rigs said:

Mr. Belding has died at 75.

This one hurts
Rigs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was 39 when SBTB started. (We ignore Ms Bliss)

Any of us who was watching that was in Jr High.

And that was 36 years ago.

We should all be kinda scared, if we weren't already.

Aggie Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Rib and I saw Carrot Top in 2019. It was a great show! If you sit in the front row, you get a shot of whiskey during the show.
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

The Rib and I saw Carrot Top in 2019. It was a great show! If you sit in the front row, you get a shot of whiskey during the show.

It's going to take a lot more (and better) drugs than that for me to endure a Carrot Top performance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
An L of an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back when I was at A&M, Carrot Top was being advertised as a "campus comedian", which struck me as odd since NO ONE that I knew in college thought he was funny.
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marjoe Gortner, the 1970s B-movie actor has died. I think his biggest achievement in life was being in the move where we got to finally see Wonder Woman's boobs.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Burdizzo said:

Marjoe Gortner, the 1970s B-movie actor has died. I think his biggest achievement in life was being in the move where we got to finally see Wonder Woman's boobs.


Bobby Joe and the Outlaw?
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RIP Mandy Pepperidge

Mary Louise Weller dead at 79.




https://www.forbes.com/sites/timlammers/2026/10/02/mary-louise-weller-mandy-pepperidge-in-animal-house-dies-at-79/
ErnestEndeavor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't believe that ever happened.

You're going to have to tell me the film so I can investigate for myself.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ErnestEndeavor said:

I don't believe that ever happened.

You're going to have to tell me the film so I can investigate for myself.


It happened. I named the film above.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.