******2024 Olympics******

19,578 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Bondag
swc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I remember back when I was a student in the late 70's, A&M had a recent gold medal winning archer, and he came to our PE class for a demonstration.

He shot a bullseye, then split that arrow with a second on, then split that second arrow with a third arrow.

Pretty impressive, I must say.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
New WR set in the 4x400M Relay Mixed with the help from two Aggies (Little/Deadmon). USA is going to cook in Track & Field.
AtticusMatlock
US got 2nd in the finals. Amazing anchor leg from the other chick to catch the US anchor.
AtticusMatlock
A pole vaulter is going viral for knocking the pole down with his dingdong. Can't post the tweet here.
javajaws
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

A pole vaulter is going viral for knocking the pole down with his dingdong. Can't post the tweet here.

He'll come back next time new and improved as a trans pole vaulter!

https://nypost.com/2024/08/05/sports/pole-vaulter-anthony-ammirati-breaks-silence-after-bulge-crushed-olympic-dream/
Furlock Bones
AG
A swimmer from Great Britain finally spoke out against the chinese cheaters. Called their win in relay yesterday a fraud.
nai06
AG
Furlock Bones said:

A swimmer from Great Britain finally spoke out against the chinese cheaters. Called their win in relay yesterday a fraud.
It was shocking how big of a gap they had. I'm not saying big gaps can't happen but China hasn't typically been a swimming powerhouse.

EDIT: I just saw two of the swimmers were part of the group that tested positive after eating tainted meat.
Furlock Bones
AG
nai06 said:

Furlock Bones said:

It was shocking how big of a gap they had. I'm not saying big gaps can't happen but China hasn't typically been a swimming powerhouse.

EDIT: I just saw two of the swimmers were part of the group that tested positive after eating tainted meat.
yup and their 100m freestylist absolutely smashed is own world record from earlier this year. China is doing the Soviet style cheating but since they keep lining the pockets of the Olympic committees no one is going to do anything to them.
Claude!
Furlock Bones said:

nai06 said:

Furlock Bones said:

yup and their 100m freestylist absolutely smashed is own world record from earlier this year. China is doing the Soviet style cheating but since they keep lining the pockets of the Olympic committees no one is going to do anything to them.
How dare you suggest that a Communist state might be engaging in doping? Sine when has that ever happened?
Furlock Bones
AG
shocker. cheating Chinese swimmer sets another insane 100m split in the 4x100 freestyle relay. Aussie swimmer has the guts to call it. out.
nai06
AG
I don't know if anyone has had the chance, but you really need to check out the Kayak Cross replays. It's a 4 person slalom race that is full contact. In addition to passing through gates, there's an inflatable bar halfway down the course that you have to do a barrel roll to get under. You can literally ram into someone attempting to negotiate a gate to knock them out of position and some of the kayakers even wear pads on their arms. Also they basically dump you off a cliff edge to start the race to simulate a waterfall drop. It's pretty wild!

Stat Monitor Repairman
nai06
AG
20 year old Hampton Morris just won a bronze medal in the 61kg weightlifting. It's the first U.S. Mens medal in the sport since 1984. The dude trains in his family's three car garage which he converted into a gym.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/08/07/hampton-morris-weightlifting-olympic-medal/74702717007/

Furlock Bones
AG
that's awesome.
nai06
AG
He was really close to getting silver and nearly setting a world record. I think one more attempt and he would have had it.
NoahAg
nai06 said:

20 year old Hampton Morris just won a bronze medal in the 61kg weightlifting. It's the first U.S. Mens medal in the sport since 1984. The dude trains in his family's three car garage which he converted into a gym.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/08/07/hampton-morris-weightlifting-olympic-medal/74702717007/

These are the great Olympic stories.
NoahAg
I heard this morning that Snoop is getting $500K a day for his Olympic gig.
agz win
AG
Worth every penny. He's become the mascot of Paris.

Men's steeple chase final was a great finish with a first time American coming out of the pack and upsetting for silver. He was nine seconds ahead of his personal best. True grit.
wangus12
AG
NoahAg said:

Lol meanwhile the actual athletes are having to open GoFundMe accounts to help pay all their expenses over there
Stat Monitor Repairman
wangus12 said:

NoahAg said:

Lol meanwhile the actual athletes are having to open GoFundMe accounts to help pay all their expenses over there
And saw where they getting other spots to stay to escape no A/C.
aggiegrad01
AG
Who is paying him? To do what exactly?
The Wonderer
AG
aggiegrad01 said:

NBC. Color analyst/hype man basically

*I'm a lawyer, but not your lawyer. This is not legal advice and an attorney-client relationship does not exist between you and me*
AgTrip
Snoop and Martha riding around watching equestrian events and commenting.

Tough gig

NoahAg
The Wonderer said:

aggiegrad01 said:

NBC. Color analyst/hype man basically

Wow, way to bring race into this,
Burdizzo
AG
AgTrip said:

Snoop and Martha riding around watching equestrian events and commenting.

Tough gig

Making black folk and women ride in the back
BQ_90
AG
NoahAg said:

i bet it's part of his contract with NBC to do their reality tv show, i bet they said you're going to Paris to do PR for the show and work for NBS
nai06
AG
Big news from yesterday is that Noah Lyles failed to complete his double gold in the 100m and 200m. He shockingly placed 3rd in the 200m after taking gold in the 100m earlier in the games. After the the race yesterday he collapsed onto the track and had to be taken off in a wheel chair (Lyles suffers from asthma).

It then came out that he had tested positive for Covid prior to the race. The only people knew were his family, his doctor and his coach. None of his team mates, officials, or other competitors. We don't know how long before the race he tested positive but he was at practice sessions on Wednesday wearing a mask. Feels kinda ****ty that he didn't tell anyone he was sick and potentially contagious. It's unlikely that the current strain would cause anyone serious harm, but for an athlete that still has to compete in other events catching Covid could ruin their chances at a medal.
nai06
AG
Lets talk about the newest sport, Breaking.

Look I am an Olympics homer like no other. My yard is currently lined with mini flags of all the countries, I have a giant LED American Flag over my garage, and a set of color accurate Olympic rings I made out of the largest hula hoops I could find suspend in my front yard (they also light up at night).

I don't think I can take Breaking seriously as a sport. Gymnastics, diving, synchronized swimming, skateboarding, etc. all have predefined moves that can have point values assigned. Breaking has move categories but it's very vague. A panel of nine judges will score each battle and every round based on five criteria: technique, vocabulary, execution, musicality and originality.

A few other things

There are two MCs that act as generic hype men when they introduce each Breaker. The hype men are very French. Like French House Music DJ, French.
They do not actually refer to the competitors as athletes but rather "B-Boys" and "B-Girls"
You can get penalized for dissing your competitor during the battle.
Two different DJ alternate while the MC's try and get the crowd hyped up during each battle. Lots of "ohhh". "wooo" and "whoa" yelling from these guys.
Oh and lastly, B-girls and B-Boys use stage names as seen below

It's all very silly
Decay
AG
I've been reliably informed wearing a mask is a completely reasonable precaution and you can participate in any group activities when you wear one.

Why don't you believe the science?
Bruce Almighty
AG
I read he tested positive two days prior. Highly doubtful he passes it to another sprinter and they become sick in just 2 days.
nai06
AG
great, accept he hasn't been wearing a mask the entire time.
nai06
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I read he tested positive two days prior. Highly doubtful he passes it to another sprinter and they become sick in just 2 days.
He's been around lots of other people besides the sprinters. I just think its a dick move to know you are sick and potentially get others sick around you, regardless of what the illness is.
Burdizzo
AG
nai06 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

He's been around lots of other people besides the sprinters. I just think its a dick move to know you are sick and potentially get others sick around you, regardless of what the illness is.

I have been saying this for the last couple of years. If we didn't learn anything from COVID, we should have at least remembered:

Wash your hands often.
If you're sick, stay home.
agz win
AG
Olivia Reeves wins gold in the weightlifting lift and jerk. Intense at the end as the top 5 tried to beat her.
nai06
AG
I am not a big fan of Dressage, but if they started busting out more routines like this, I am down to clown.

I present to you USA's Mopsie AKA THE RAVE HORSE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.