Drinking from the garden hose ..

10,921 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Krazykat
pdc093
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Many of you would be like the young man in this clip. But us olds, WE REMEMBER....(Language NSFW)

Claude!
maroon barchetta
That response is excellent.
scd88
AG
I lien the lady's t-shirt:

"Do I ****ing look like a people person?"
Moral High Horse
I can still recall the taste of hose water. Fun fact: a lawn dart landed threw my shoe directly between my toes. It was a glorious time to be alive.
Corn Pop
Moral High Horse said:

I can still recall the taste of hose water. Fun fact: a lawn dart landed threw my shoe directly between my toes. It was a glorious time to be alive.

Millennial here that grew up the way the lady described. I remember finding lawn darts in my grandparents barn. Those things were awesome
Burdizzo
AG
scd88 said:

I lien the lady's t-shirt:

"Do I ****ing look like a people person?"

She needs to go digging for gold

AggieVictor10
AG
i got shot with a BB gun but never stabbed with a jart
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
wangus12
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Hell I still like the taste of hose water
MouthBQ98
AG
My little brother survived a lawn dart to the head. It didn't penetrate beyond the skin.

You haven't lived until you had a good rock fight.
2 rules: nothing bigger than a golf ball. You can't intentionally target the head or groin. Nobody died.
dabo man
AG
You have to let it run until it cools off (or just drink straight from the faucet).
ptothemo
AG
dabo man said:

You have to let it run until it cools off (or just drink straight from the faucet).
And you couldn't always trust the first time that it felt cool to the touch. There was inevitably some scalding hot water that had hidden in a corner somewhere that was ready to get you if you did.
Sticks&Stones
AG
Bottle rocket wars.

PVC pipe + Black Cat bottle rockets = good times
UnderoosAg
AG
And never be the guy that let it fall in the mud before handing it to the next kid
Aggie521
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

My little brother survived a lawn dart to the head. It didn't penetrate beyond the skin.

You haven't lived until you had a good rock fight.
2 rules: nothing bigger than a golf ball. You can't intentionally target the head or groin. Nobody died.

We used to have china berry slingshot fights in the woods behind our house. Those would leave a heck of a mark!
Sticks&Stones said:

Bottle rocket wars.

This!
DargelSkout
AG
We used acorns from oak trees. Or if we were around a plowed field, we'd have dirt clod wars.

I still have no problem drinking hose water if I'm thirsty, and I'm 42.
1988PA-Aggie
King of the Hill....one yard had a short but steep hill. 5 or 6 of us would wrestle(mania) around and the goal was to toss the others down the hill. Once you got going tumbling or sliding down that hill, you weren't stopping until the end. And yes, a curb and street were at the end of the hill. Run back up and brawl with the guy at the top, maybe form alliances to knock him off... lasted ten minutes or so before you were exhausted.

Morons? Yes. Fun? Heck yeah.
Independence H-D
Sticks&Stones said:

Bottle rocket wars.

Used to cut the end off wiffle ball bats for this purpose.
DargelSkout said:

Everybody wants to be 42, but there can be only one!
Eliminatus
AG
Anybody else used to take naps on the raised portion of the vehicle behind the back seat? Under the back windshield and on top of the trunk area on long car trips? Had to go there because you were the smallest and the back seat floor and back seat itself were already taken by older siblings taking naps?
AgResearch
AG
Eliminatus said:

Anybody else used to take naps on the raised portion of the vehicle behind the back seat? Under the back windshield and on top of the trunk area on long car trips? Had to go there because you were the smallest and the back seat floor and back seat itself were already taken by older siblings taking naps?

Rode in the bed of a truck (with topper) on a mattress to go on vacation 8 hours away every summer. Cops didn't care when dad got pulled over for speeding. Three kids back there. Loved the 80s!
JB!98
AG
Eliminatus said:

Always. It was really cool on a clear night because you could see the stars and the motion of the car allowed for "playing astronaut."
Win At Life
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

i got shot with a BB gun but never stabbed with a jart
I got shot with a BB gun and stabbed with a dart.
Decay
AG
I still have a bb in my ass cheek
Serious Lee
still do, but as an adult im just too lazy to kick my boots off and go inside for a glass of water
one safe place
Sticks&Stones said:

Bottle rocket wars.

Set one of my brothers on fire having Roman Candle fights, but he didn't get hurt.

We took regular pipe and sawed up through the pipe threads to allow the fuse of a firecracker or cherry bomb to stick up, screwed a cap on that end, dropped a marble or ball bearing down the pipe, lit the fuse and had our very own mortar.
one safe place
DargelSkout said:

We used acorns from oak trees. Or if we were around a plowed field, we'd have dirt clod wars.

We lived on a corner and both streets were dirt. The city would send the road graders to level up the roads once every couple of weeks. Some of the clods that came off the blade were perfect for dirt clod wars. The streets would get "treated" with oil a few times a year and that helped with the consistency of the dirt clods.

With that oil treatment and spraying for mosquitos by city trucks fogging out DDT and diesel, plus spraying every night inside the house with DDT or whatever poison we used, its a wonder all of our children weren't born with 14 fingers.
Ogre09
AG
We would lay down the backseats of the station wagon and make a pallet back there for sleeping on long road trips.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Used to ride on my grandparents tool box 40 miles round trip every day in the summer when he would go work on his hog farm. He and my grandma had a single cab truck and their lunchboxes and water jugs had to ride on the front seat between them so no room for me.
Burdizzo
AG
Ogre09 said:

We would lay down the backseats of the station wagon and make a pallet back there for sleeping on long road trips.

My wife used to have a business where her product line included car seats for babies. She is very in tune and knowledgeable about child safety and safety laws. The other night we stumbled across The Fall Guy on Amazon Prime and watched a couple of episodes from the early 1980s. There was a scene where a couple is travelling to Arizona with their baby. The camera flashed to a picture of the baby swaddled on the back seat, no seat belt, no car seat, nothing to hold it in. I thought my wife was going to lose her sht when she saw it. We all got a good laugh!
GrayMatter
AG
1988PA-Aggie said:

King of the Hill....one yard had a short but steep hill. 5 or 6 of us would wrestle(mania) around and the goal was to toss the others down the hill. Once you got going tumbling or sliding down that hill, you weren't stopping until the end. And yes, a curb and street were at the end of the hill. Run back up and brawl with the guy at the top, maybe form alliances to knock him off... lasted ten minutes or so before you were exhausted.

Morons? Yes. Fun? Heck yeah.
reminds me of smear the.... oh wait, nevermind
AgLiving06
We used to use super soakers to try and hit wasps out of the air.
Quantum Entanglement
Reminded me: We would chase behind the mosquito truck until we couldn't keep up then the fog cloud would surround us as we gasped for air. I don't want to even think about possible consequences in my old age.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ogre09 said:

Loved doing this.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.