What exactly is a "strong woman"?

4,546 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dabo man
713nervy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

As mentioned already, a woman that describes herself as a "strong woman" is usually actually telling the world she's an insecure moron.

Is it the same for men?

I think an apt comparison would be a guy that calls himself an alpha male. I think the same conclusion can be drawn.

I support the alpha male thing. Sounds like such a ******bag.
dead
Sip
B-1 83
AG
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

As mentioned already, a woman that describes herself as a "strong woman" is usually actually telling the world she's an insecure moron.

Is it the same for men?

I've never heard of a man referring to himself as a "strong man".
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
GAC06
AG
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

Someone stating they're a "strong man" is most likely referring to their physical strength. Men don't typically feel the need to convince the world they're capable of living independently because only complete losers aren't.
tandy miller
AG
B-1 83 said:

713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

I've never heard of a man referring to himself as a strong man".

I call myself a big boy
Txmoe
AG
Sea Speed said:

My wife is the strongest woman I have ever met. She singlehandedly takes care of 3 children and all that entails, the house, the 2 dogs, runs her own business, finds time to relax and get some personal time and still has the energy to offer me emotional support when I need it when life is throwing speed bumps in my(our) path. I've never once heard a complaint come out of her mouth and she is absolutely grateful for the life we have built. She is what I compare all other women to, and why I constantly roll my eyes at other womens manufactured bull**** and struggles. She is a real woman and a strong woman and I admire her more than I have ever admired anyone.

This current notion of feminism and what it is is just a complete crock. It also sickens me to see men and the media trying to cheapen what womanhood is, especially because my children are all girls and they have an AMAZING role model to look up to, and the kind of role model my wife is is the exact type of women that isn't praised by the world.
Does she have a sister?
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Any time a woman on social media proclaims themselves to be a strong, powerful woman or other inspirational vague nonsense, I just assume they are going through a divorce and need affirmation.

I am a woman and this garbage drives me nuts. If I need help I will ask for it and that makes me stronger than passively begging for it IMO.

I mean, except opening jars which I 100% need help with.

This! And if not a divorce, their BF just dumped them. They are also probably listening to a few songs by women, over and over again, about being strong and not needing a man, how men are all evil, how she is better than the girl her ex is with now, etc.

If you have to say it, you ain't it.
Howdy Dammit
AG
And their son kyson is their entire world.
713nervy
AG
B-1 83 said:

713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

I've never heard of a man referring to himself as a strong man".

lol I have @ GIBro

So is that a yes, then?
713nervy
AG
GAC06 said:

713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

Someone stating they're a "strong man" is most likely referring to their physical strength. Men don't typically feel the need to convince the world they're capable of living independently because only complete losers aren't.

That makes sense to me, re: men not feeling the need to convince others. The strength of men is implied based on ingrained societal roles. In recent history, men have traditionally been the breadwinners, heads of households, business and societal leaders. They're also biologically physically larger and stronger than women (generally).

And as others have said, these are not the only things that make someone strong. But positions of power tend to yield the impression of having strength, and men have dominated those roles.
boy09
AG
Sea Speed said:

My wife is the strongest woman I have ever met. She singlehandedly takes care of 3 children and all that entails, the house, the 2 dogs, runs her own business, finds time to relax and get some personal time and still has the energy to offer me emotional support when I need it when life is throwing speed bumps in my(our) path. I've never once heard a complaint come out of her mouth and she is absolutely grateful for the life we have built. She is what I compare all other women to, and why I constantly roll my eyes at other womens manufactured bull**** and struggles. She is a real woman and a strong woman and I admire her more than I have ever admired anyone.

This current notion of feminism and what it is is just a complete crock. It also sickens me to see men and the media trying to cheapen what womanhood is, especially because my children are all girls and they have an AMAZING role model to look up to, and the kind of role model my wife is is the exact type of women that isn't praised by the world.
How much does she bench?
infinity ag
maroon barchetta
42 said:

Any time a woman on social media proclaims themselves to be a strong, powerful woman or other inspirational vague nonsense, I just assume they are going through a divorce and need affirmation.

I am a woman and this garbage drives me nuts. If I need help I will ask for it and that makes me stronger than passively begging for it IMO.

This! And if not a divorce, their BF just dumped them. They are also probably listening to a few songs by women, over and over again, about being strong and not needing a man, how men are all evil, how she is better than the girl her ex is with now, etc.

Yep. Seen this and more many times on social media.

Woman posts a lot about her career and her promotions and her great kids and husband.

Meanwhile, she had a DWI or some other offense that she never took care of. Didn't go to court. Had outstanding warrants. Not very strong or independent or responsible to not handle her legal issues.

Husband gets a side chick. She maybe catches on. She goes out of state to visit one of her kids. Husband *allegedly* calls and tells the cops where she is and that she has outstanding warrants.

He also cancels her cell phone since it is on his plan (not very strong or independent). She can't easily call back to her friends or other family to get help as she was arrested in another state.

Ends up getting extradited back to her hometown/county. Is off the radar in and out of jail or court for a month.

All of her girlfriends post nonstop about how strong she is, how she is better without her drunkard husband, how she needs to find some young guy and screw his brains out for a few weeks to get over her soon-to-be-ex.

Meanwhile the side chick is posting all kinds of photos of her with the first gal's husband and proclaiming how happy they are together.

What ends up happening? Side chick finds out he's married. Dumps him. First gal, who was strong and independent and later in jail for a spell, runs back to him.

They are living happily ever after if you believe their social media posts.

The supportive girlfriends are now supportive that she is doing the best thing for her and her husband and living her own truth and best life and whatever.

It really should be a reality show. Except nobody would believe it.
G.I.Bro
maroon barchetta said:

42 said:

Woman posts a lot about her career and her promotions and her great kids and husband.

Meanwhile, she had a DWI or some other offense that she never took care of. Didn't go to court. Had outstanding warrants. Not very strong or independent or responsible to not handle her legal issues.

Husband gets a side chick. She maybe catches on. She goes out of state to visit one of her kids. Husband *allegedly* calls and tells the cops where she is and that she has outstanding warrants.

He also cancels her cell phone since it is on his plan (not very strong or independent). She can't easily call back to her friends or other family to get help as she was arrested in another state.

Ends up getting extradited back to her hometown/county. Is off the radar in and out of jail or court for a month.

All of her girlfriends post nonstop about how strong she is, how she is better without her drunkard husband, how she needs to find some young guy and screw his brains out for a few weeks to get over her soon-to-be-ex.

Meanwhile the side chick is posting all kinds of photos of her with the first gal's husband and proclaiming how happy they are together.

What ends up happening? Side chick finds out he's married. Dumps him. First gal, who was strong and independent and later in jail for a spell, runs back to him.

The supportive girlfriends are now supportive that she is doing the best thing for her and her husband and living her own truth and best life and whatever.

It takes a strong person to write all this bull**** out. I commend you
Max Power
AG
maroon barchetta said:

42 said:

You forgot the part about their "reconciliation" is also because they figured out that neither can afford to be divorced. Two people that can barely afford their house payment and 2 car payments cannot afford to separate. There's a lot a households still held together by fear of the expense of a divorce.
maroon barchetta
Thanks Bro
Charpie
AG
That reads like something that happened to Tree Hugger's family
dabo man
AG
A woman I went to high school with goes from Facebook regular posting daily motivational crap (and getting constant praise from her girlfriends) to disappearing for months on end. Then reappears on FB with a new last name posting even more motivational garbage than before.

She's had 5 last names in the 13 years I've been on FB and been to rehab 3 times I know of.
maroon barchetta
If I told you her whole story you would be amazed and also sad for her in some ways.

But yeah, kinda Tree Huggerish. Your old man calls the law on you and cuts off your phone so he can hang with his side piece. Yikes.
tandy miller
AG
Charpie said:

That reads like something that happened to Tree Hugger's family

Leave bony out of this
Funky Winkerbean
AG
dabo man said:

A woman I went to high school with goes from Facebook regular posting daily motivational crap (and getting constant praise from her girlfriends) to disappearing for months on end. Then reappears on FB with a new last name posting even more motivational garbage than before.

She's had 5 last names in the 13 years I've been on FB and been to rehab 3 times I know of.

Can I get her number?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
42 said:

EclipseAg
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

And their son kyson is their entire world.
Pretty sure it's spelled "Kysyn."
crowman2010
AG
Anchorhold said:

The three on the right.
tandy miller
AG
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

They're also biologically physically larger and stronger than women (generally).

infinity ag
42 said:

Probably the best of them all:

I am a man but I love this song and I think it's very inspiring - I just take it in contexts that apply to myself.
infinity ag
dabo man said:

Yep.
Women can have it all.
BBRex
AG
A strongman is a guy who runs a country like a dictator. Muammar Gaddafi used to be the common example.
An L of an Ag
AG
The Cake version is better.
dabo man
AG
I regret that I can give you only one star!
infinity ag
An L of an Ag said:

The Cake version is better.

There's another version? Never heard that one, let me check...
dabo man
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.