What exactly is a "strong woman"?

4,527 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dabo man
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Many women like to claim that they are strong women, especially online. But what exactly does it mean?
What are the characteristics of a "strong woman"?

Doesn't it mean not just exercising her rights, but also fulfill her responsibilities?

Most of the times I see the same women getting successful on the backs of the men in their lives - either their daddy or their husband.

Are the characteristics of a strong woman the same as that of a "strong man"?
crowman2010
AG
Go watch south park. You'll learn.
Jrock76
AG
Can bench 200 and squat 350.
B-1 83
AG
A. It's supposed to refer to a woman who is self confident, intelligent, and decisive
B. It usually boils down to "strong woman" = a man folks would call an SOB
C. No genuinely strong woman would ever refer to herself as a "strong woman"
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Al Bula
AG
crowman2010 said:

came here to post this.

Teslag
AG
We used to just call them naggy *****es
The Fife
I thought it meant she was strong enough to put up a pretty good fight in the bedroom
FIDO*98*
AG
It means they're a liberal woman looking for a beta **** to throw his balls in her purse
Monkeypoxfighter
B-1 83 said:

A. It's supposed to refer to a woman who is self confident, intelligent, and decisive
B. It usually boils down to "strong woman" = a man folks would call an SOB
C. No genuinely strong woman would ever refer to herself as a "strong woman"
C. For certain
It only took me a year to figure out this place is nuts!
LupinusTexensis
I always took it to mean that she is able to support herself without a man- makes enough money to cover her expenses + pay for/do herself what a man typically does around the house

I'm sure you're hoping it means can crack a watermelon with her thighs
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Any time a woman on social media proclaims themselves to be a strong, powerful woman or other inspirational vague nonsense, I just assume they are going through a divorce and need affirmation.

I am a woman and this garbage drives me nuts. If I need help I will ask for it and that makes me stronger than passively begging for it IMO.

I mean, except opening jars which I 100% need help with.

Alpha Man
Quote:

And suck a golf ball through 50 feet of garden hose.
Anchorhold
Lamara Distin can jump over me and Bra Sajdokov is getting close. I don't know the exact definition but these two are definitely examples.
tandy miller
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

I always took it to mean that she is able to support herself without a man- makes enough money to cover her expenses + pay for/do herself what a man typically does around the house

Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Any time a woman on social media proclaims themselves to be a strong, powerful woman or other inspirational vague nonsense, I just assume they are going through a divorce and need affirmation.

I am a woman and this garbage drives me nuts. If I need help I will ask for it and that makes me stronger than passively begging for it IMO.

I mean, except opening jars which I 100% need help with.

Knowing nothing about you other than your user name and the content of this post, I think you're probably doing just fine in life.
The Dirty Sock
Know Your Enemy
AG
I am an alpha male and I demand that all women be subservient to me.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Back in my day, she was 6'2" 185 but she still drove that Mack truck though.
Sea Speed
AG
My wife is the strongest woman I have ever met. She singlehandedly takes care of 3 children and all that entails, the house, the 2 dogs, runs her own business, finds time to relax and get some personal time and still has the energy to offer me emotional support when I need it when life is throwing speed bumps in my(our) path. I've never once heard a complaint come out of her mouth and she is absolutely grateful for the life we have built. She is what I compare all other women to, and why I constantly roll my eyes at other womens manufactured bull**** and struggles. She is a real woman and a strong woman and I admire her more than I have ever admired anyone.

This current notion of feminism and what it is is just a complete crock. It also sickens me to see men and the media trying to cheapen what womanhood is, especially because my children are all girls and they have an AMAZING role model to look up to, and the kind of role model my wife is is the exact type of women that isn't praised by the world.
tandy miller
AG
Sea Speed said:

My wife is the strongest woman I have ever met. She singlehandedly takes care of 3 children and all that entails, the house, the 2 dogs, runs her own business, finds time to relax and get some personal time and still has the energy to offer me emotional support when I need it when life is throwing speed bumps in my(our) path. I've never once heard a complaint come out of her mouth and she is absolutely grateful for the life we have built. She is what I compare all other women to, and why I constantly roll my eyes at other womens manufactured bull**** and struggles. She is a real woman and a strong woman and I admire her more than I have ever admired anyone.

This current notion of feminism and what it is is just a complete crock. It also sickens me to see men and the media trying to cheapen what womanhood is, especially because my children are all girls and they have an AMAZING roll model to look up to, and the kind of roll model my wife is is the exact type of women that isn't praised by the world.

Damn dude get off the couch and help her out
Sea Speed
AG
Nah man, she's got it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sea Speed said:

This current notion of feminism and what it is is just a complete crock. It also sickens me to see men and the media trying to cheapen what womanhood is, especially because my children are all girls and they have an AMAZING roll model to look up to, and the kind of roll model my wife is is the exact type of women that isn't praised by the world.
She sounds amazing except for being married to a ***** that doesn't do anything to support her.
Sea Speed
AG
Thsts not true. I let her get a haircut and her nails done once a year before our annual date to chili's.
713nervy
AG
I don't doubt that she's incredible. Your admiration for her is really sweet. And, there's some problematic **** in here.
GAC06
AG
As mentioned already, a woman that describes herself as a "strong woman" is usually actually telling the world she's an insecure moron.
713nervy
AG
GAC06 said:

As mentioned already, a woman that describes herself as a "strong woman" is usually actually telling the world she's an insecure moron.

Is it the same for men?
tandy miller
AG
G.I.Bro
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

Yes, if he claims to be without cause. Sometimes when someone is flexing online you gotta let them know that you're 6'4", 215 lbs and pretty jacked so they'll know to back off. But that is provoked and thus exempt.
redline248
AG
David Happymountain said:

crowman2010 said:

came here to post this.

G.I.Bro
Or if you're at the tailg8 and a woman asks for a strong man to carry the cooler, you're allowed to tell them that you are one.
Howdy Dammit
AG
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

Anyone bragging about themselves (especially on the internet) is a loser looking for a dopamine hit from some pity thumbs ups.
Sea Speed
AG
713nervy said:

GAC06 said:

Is it the same for men?

I think an apt comparison would be a guy that calls himself an alpha male. I think the same conclusion can be drawn.
dead
Sigma is now the preferred terminology
713nervy
AG
G.I.Bro said:

Or if you're at the tailg8 and a woman asks for a strong man to carry the cooler, you're allowed to tell them that you are one.

"I'm a strong man…"
Anchorhold

The three on the right.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.