vicoden

8,083 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goose
hbc07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All Vicodin seems to do for me is take the edge off, it never really seems to fully address pain.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
jwoodmd
UnderoosAg said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

Pain meds are the real boogeyman.
You're fortunate to have never experienced real pain. Most people are lucky in that regard.

Retrograde urethrogram to diagnose a stricture. Injection of the dye burst the urethra. What do I win?
Dilaudid
aggie_fan13
AG
im 30% according to 23 and me
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

listen chief if i was gonna fake anything to get my hands on some drugs it would be morphine or xanax
Hydrocodone > morphine
UnderoosAg
AG
azulAg said:

i just watched a house episode where they shoved a tub up a guys urethra. ouch

After it burst, the dye that did make it thru still had to come out back out by way of bellying up to a crapper. Then they stuck the Foley catheter in. About an hour later the bladder spasms started.
Shakes the Clown
Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

You're fortunate to have never experienced real pain. Most people are lucky in that regard.
what is real pain?

Being a longtime Aggie Football fan
aggie_fan13
AG
well that sounds god awful
jwoodmd
Shakes the Clown said:

Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?

Why do you think Aggies drink so much.
Ragoo
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
You have not been in pain until prescribed fentanyl.
justcallmeharry
S
azulAg said:

i just watched a house episode where they shoved a tub up a guys urethra. ouch
What sort of tub? Wash tub? Bath tub? Yes, that would hurt beyond Rx capabilities.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Not a Bot
AG
brs4688 said:

You have not been in pain until prescribed fentanyl.

Or you went to a hospital that was trying to improve its customer satisfaction scores.
Win At Life
AG
Real pain is beyond yelling pain; it caused me paralysis. That's real pain.

But a Percodan solved that.

I've taken enough Vicodin to get itchy and bump into things while walking and still couldn't sleep a wink all night from pain. For me, Vicodin works for tissue type pain, but not deep nerve pain; if that makes sense.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
This was 1993. Yelp did not exist.
wheelz
AG
Demeral is WAAAY better.
rwtxag83
AG
I took vicodin for back surgery pain and skull/brain surgery. Powerful stuff.

If you have the $$$ it is far better to get the actual vicodin, and not the generic. The brand name drug is much cleaner. Far less hard on my stomach.

In general, I hate taking any narcotics, but when you have acutely intense pain in certain tissues, it's a real tough putt to gut it out. I have gutted it out, and I've taken the drugs. I'd rather have the choice.

I have so many of these drugs it's not even funny, because they have prescribed it to me so often because of the repetitive nature of all my procedures. If I take the pain meds, it's only usually right at the first, and then I just try to deal with it as it diminishes, so I never come close to finishing the scrip. I have some excellent docs, and they know how I am about meds/narcotics, so there is a lot of trust there. I almost never ask for pain meds, so they know that when I do ask, it's a serious thing.

OP, I hope you can manage through your pain. Be careful with opioids. Powerful, but potentially a problem.
Greater love hath no man than this....
BQ_90
AG
brs4688 said:

Consult prescribing physician or pharmacist. Teladoc May be an option depending on insurance.
concac
AG
Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?
Pancreatitis.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Seinfeld sucks
babyshark
jwoodmd said:

azulAg said:

listen chief if i was gonna fake anything to get my hands on some drugs it would be morphine or xanax
Hydrocodone > morphine

I've got a 3 year old bottle of hydrocodone in the bathroom. I wouldn't have 3 day old morphine. That stuff is the tits
jwoodmd
RealTalk said:

Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?
Pancreatitis.
That's a bingo!
MouthBQ98
AG
Makes me slighly dizzy and slightly sleepy, and does slightly better than ibuprofen at numbing pain. Apparently opiod addicts take several of them at a time. I don't see how being more dizzy and more sleepy is an enjoyable proposition.
CaddoAggie96
AG
Took half of one to take the edge off a broke rib I was having an issue with.

It didn't address the pain at all. But it did help me forget about it long enough to get a decent nights sleep.
jickyjack1
Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?

Get a "roto-rooter", go home after a couple of days and drink scads of water like you're supposed to in order to keep the blood from coagulating, then experience coagulation in your pea-nus anyway. While you're waiting for the ambulance and flashing thoughts of suicide, maybe you'll say to yourself, "Oh, so this is what real pain is".
Uncle Howdy
S
Take a Percocet, two Vicodin and a couple of beers
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Real pain? Hmmm? Maybe this.

Once you've smelled burned human flesh you can't un-smell it.
VikingNik
AG
I do not like the 'high' from these pills. It is very unpleasant. They do help with pain but I am very careful to only use it when completely necessary. Valium is the best though. I had a five day prescription after back surgery and got a single pill to take just before my vasectomy. Glorious stuff.
80s Guy
Geralt of Rivia said:

Take a Percocet, two Vicodin and a couple of beers

Were you Rooter's handler in Varsity Blues?
Old RV Ag
AG
VikingNik said:

I do not like the 'high' from these pills. It is very unpleasant. They do help with pain but I am very careful to only use it when completely necessary. Valium is the best though. I had a five day prescription after back surgery and got a single pill to take just before my vasectomy. Glorious stuff.
Valium isn't a pain pill. It's a tranquilizer. Was your back surgery giving you anxiety? Understand the vasectomy anxiety.
VikingNik
AG
It makes you relaxed AF. I also had Percocet or Vicodin prescribed for the back pain. The neurosurgeon's nurse prescribed it as a muscle relaxant post op.
jickyjack1
I was a child of the 50s. No matter the complaint, doctors knew just the tranquilizer for the ladies. Half the housewives in America spent the last part of the 50s, and the 60s, zoned out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Has very little effect on me. As someone mentioned, at best it just takes the edge off a bit. No high and as far as whatever addictive properties it has, my body chemistry must not be wired for it.

As far as the mind-altering drugs go, I'm more of a Xanax guy. That stuff is the ***** Relaxed euphoria.
reb,
AG
opiates are to be respected and feared. My drinking gave me gastritis, and was introduced to dilaudid in the ER and prescribed vicodin. 5 years later I'm coming to on a garage floor surrounded by cops getting narcan'd for the huge shot of dope i had given myself. You don't get there overnight but its a lot of small decisions that happen over time that eventually lead to your free will becoming irrelevant.
Dad
AG
I've only taken a few doses in my lifetime but it honestly didn't help me much more than 800mg of Ibuprofen would and it didn't make me feel high at all, just drowsy.

I was given dilaudid after waking up from surgery in pain and it instantly took all pain away and I felt great. I could see how people could easily get hooked on it.
aggie_fan13
AG
xanax is the good stuff. having major panic attack, pop a bar and i felt calm as ever
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.