vicoden

8,103 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goose
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
docs gave it to me for pain . anybody have experience with this ?
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Works better if you mix it with three drinks. Two won't suffice. You need at least three for the desired effect.
aggie_fan13
AG
if i die would you technically be liable for suggesting that ?
80s Guy
azulAg said:

if i die would you technically be liable for suggesting that ?

He didn't say what kind of drinks. You assumed what you assumed
PoohAh97
AG
Is Vicodin the one that's like a golden hug?
aggie_fan13
AG
touche
TyHolden
AG
Did nothing for me but constipation...
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

docs gave it to me for pain . anybody have experience with this ?
It's hydrocodone mixed with acetaminophen (Tylenol). What's the dosage and why did the doc Rx it to you?

And don't be stupid and drink anything while taking it.
jwoodmd
DSAg44 said:

Did nothing for me but constipation...
OIC common in medium to high dosages. Need to do Miralax or other stool softeners while taking. That doesn't even ensure it won't happened. Can really be awful for some people.
B-1 83
AG
No thank you. Gives me hives.
aggie_fan13
AG
im guessing youre a doctor ?
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

im guessing youre a doctor ?
Nah, the MD is just for mildly disturbed.
aggie_fan13
AG
i wouldnt know
jwoodmd
B-1 83 said:

No thank you. Gives me hives.
Also makes some people very naseous so have to add Zofran or Phenergan. It's a vicious cycle so best to really use only if absolutely needed. No reason not to use if in real pain.
30wedge
I had a (suspected) kidney stone (didn't show up on the scan nor did I find it when peeing) and they gave me a prescription for vicodin and for toradol. I have always thought I had a very high tolerance for pain, but that night I found out I had never really experienced real pain before. They gave me toradol at the hospital and that is some magic stuff. Highly recommend it for pain.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Consult prescribing physician or pharmacist. Teladoc May be an option depending on insurance.
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

i wouldnt know
You ask a question if "anyone" has experience with it - so, yes, I have lots of experience with it. And, yes, I am a doctor.
aggie_fan13
AG
i was being sarcastic chief
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

i was being sarcastic chief
Are you high on it or what - your postings are now concerning. If you've taken it and having some strange reaction or feelings, you need to call your doctor or consider an ER/urgent care visit.
Ragoo
AG
Pain meds are the real boogeyman.
aggie_fan13
AG
lol, no im very suspicious of pharma. especially since i have family that are pharmacists. i dont really want to take it , just a precaution
jwoodmd
azulAg said:

lol, no im very suspicious of pharma. especially since i have family that are pharmacists. i dont really want to take it , just a precaution
If you don't really want to take it, it sounds like whatever pain you have is not sufficient to warrant that level of pain killer. So, don't take it.
aggie_fan13
AG
im not
jwoodmd
Ragoo said:

You're fortunate to have never experienced real pain. Most people are lucky in that regard.
JD Shellnut
AG
I was prescribed it once and it definitely helped with the pain, but I don't see the appeal of as a recreational drug. I never felt "high" or anything on it. Maybe I wasn't taking a high enough dose.
Slicer97
AG
Here's what you want:

3 vicodin, 6 shots of bourbon, and an opportunity to do something you've always wanted to do but could never work up the nerve.

Chase that with a good night's sleep, a breakfast including but not limited to fried eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, biscuits with sausage gravy, and some strong, black coffee. Maybe some menudo if there's a hangover.

Your liver will pretty much hate you, but the rest of your body will be giving you high fives.
aggie_fan13
AG
but why ?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Oddly appropriate

Ragoo
AG
jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

You're fortunate to have never experienced real pain. Most people are lucky in that regard.
what is real pain?
aggie_fan13
AG
listen chief if i was gonna fake anything to get my hands on some drugs it would be morphine or xanax
jwoodmd
Drifter. said:

I was prescribed it once and it definitely helped with the pain, but I don't see the appeal of as a recreational drug. I never felt "high" or anything on it. Maybe I wasn't taking a high enough dose.
This is one of the big problems with opiods. At normal doses, it kills pain. But, long term use will build tolerance so you need to increase and can get to really high doses and still never feel high. However, the ones who use it recreationally but don't build the tolerance are taking 5-10 times the starter dosage. This will get you high but without the tolerance that risks overdose. Someone with a built up tolerance can take dosages that would kill almost anyone else. It's like an alcoholic who can drink a 1.5L bottle of vodka in a day and live. But, a casual drinker will die from alcohol poisoning.

Sounds like you used it just for a short term issue at low doses and didn't build up - which is obviously good.
UnderoosAg
AG
jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

Retrograde urethrogram to diagnose a stricture. Injection of the dye burst the urethra. What do I win?
aggie_fan13
AG
i just watched a house episode where they shoved a tub up a guys urethra. ouch
Scoopen Skwert
AG
azulAg said:

listen chief

Stop appropriating my culture. Only native Americans can call native Americans "Chief."

Also nice choice on the other drugs.
jwoodmd
Ragoo said:

jwoodmd said:

Ragoo said:

what is real pain?
You'd not have to ask if you'd had it. Hit your knee cap real hard with a hammer and think about 50x that.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.