Best restaurant steak you ever had

12,287 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheVarian
Grapes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His name was Dondi.

He was raised in Matsusaka, Japan.

I ate him after reading his letter to me.

Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

KidDoc
AG
The first one that comes to mind is one I had on a Royal Caribbean cruise about a year ago. We paid for a few nights of the upscale dining and on the first night went to the steakhouse on board, I think it was called Chop maybe?

Anyway the NY Strip medium rare was shockingly good. It made it so I plan to pay for at least a few nights of upscale dining on future cruises.

On google search yeah it was Chops: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/chops-grille

A close second would be the blue cheese crusted ribeye medium rare @ Verita's in Aggieland.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
62strat said:

Slicer97 said:

I think what he meant was, "What a waste of Blanton's."

So what am I supposed to get a well whisky old fashioned with a nice dinner? I understand the whisky/soda argument, but in my opinion, a simple drink like an OF let's the whisky shine.

Let's not fool anyone, blanton's isn't a pappy or 25 year old scotch. I typically have a bottle at home, I know what it tastes like neat.

I have a few bottles of Blanton's at home at the moment but that is because I happened to spot some in the duty free shop at the Punta Cana, DR Airport a few weeks ago when flying home. I cannot find it anywhere in Aggieland and I've checked all of the major shops and a few minors.

Care to share where you find it?

Of note the duty free shop was $60 a bottle with no tax, not too bad really!

(sorry for minor thread derail)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tree Hugger
AG
Quote:

It made it so I plan to pay for at least a few nights of upscale dining on future cruises.

We've done Steakhouses and the Chef's Table on a couple of Carnival cruises and it has been worth it. We were really disappointed with the steakhouse on an Oceania cruise last year though. Every other meal was fantastic, but the steakhouse was a big letdown, none of the four of us was happy with the product.
jh0400
AG
Blanton's is readily available outside of Texas from what I've seen.
jh0400
AG
As for best steak, the dry aged filet with truffles and clarified butter from Tony's in Houston is my winner. A close second would be the wagyu rib caps from B&B.
BombayAg
NoahAg said:

In before "my house."

and made by "your mom"
Whoop96
AG
Waygu bone in ribeye at Lonesome Dove in For Worrh, so good we went back the next night and had it again. Tim Love remembered us and gave me a signed cook book.
Raven
S
Not saying it was the best, but theNew York strip at Elway's in Vail last night was excellent!
Cromagnum
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Cromagnum said:

Although I'm sure it's good, I'm not spending $40-50 per ounce on some of this ridiculous stuff. At the end of the day it's still going to taste like steak.
lolpoors

LOL. If I want a steak, it's either going to be an 8 oz filet or a 16-18 oz ribeye. I'm not spending $300+ dollars for a cut of meat.
AG
Buck's T-4 steakhouse in Big Sky Montana....expensive but worth it.
MisterScott
AG
Bull in the Alley, Tulsa. Best ever by far and the ambiance is fantastic. A true hidden gem.
Laser Wolf
GAC06 said:

Red Ash in Austin. Porterhouse med rare

Red Ash for me too. I had the Thick Cut Bone-In Filet medium rare, but I want to try the porterhouse next time. The dry age they put on their steaks is amazing.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Bout to cook a prime standing rib roast for Thanksgiving.

Slow, low until just below 125. Then rest until 130-135, then blast it under the broiler to sear it. Might put it on the grill for the sear, only concerned with losing the fond for the jus.

Esteban du Plantier
AG
Laser Wolf said:

GAC06 said:

Red Ash in Austin. Porterhouse med rare

Red Ash for me too. I had the Thick Cut Bone-In Filet medium rare, but I want to try the porterhouse next time. The dry age they put on their steaks is amazing.

Filet is a massive waste.

Only good ad carpaccio.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Bout to cook a prime standing rib roast for Thanksgiving.

Slow, low until just below 125. Then rest until 130-135, then blast it under the broiler to sear it. Might put it on the grill for the sear, only concerned with losing the fond for the jus.

Depending on size you could also sear in a skillet. If you have a great broiler it should do the trick, few things are better than a quality broiler.
Max Power
AG
Or get one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Searzall-Torch-Attachment-Small-Stainless/dp/B00L2P0KNO
BenFiasco14
AG
Cromagnum said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Cromagnum said:

Although I'm sure it's good, I'm not spending $40-50 per ounce on some of this ridiculous stuff. At the end of the day it's still going to taste like steak.
lolpoors

LOL. If I want a steak, it's either going to be an 8 oz filet or a 16-18 oz ribeye. I'm not spending $300+ dollars for a cut of meat.
Poors
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Max Power said:

Or get one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Searzall-Torch-Attachment-Small-Stainless/dp/B00L2P0KNO

Might have to acquire one for myself, thanks for the link. Post a pic of the finished product if possible
Shooz in Katy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd love to be pretentious and say Wolfgang's 28 day dry aged porterhouse, but it honestly was not the best I've ever had. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Best is probably from a restaurant in Matamoros, Mexico that nobody here would know.

Was there a donkey also serving tube steak to an unfortunate woman at this steakhouse?
zephyr88
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

What was the name and location of the restaurant?
What cut was it?
What temp did you order it?
What made it the best?
Hualalai Grille, Kailua-Kona, Big Island
Parker Ranch, Range Rib-Eye
Medium - Pink, Firm, Juicy
Kona Coffee/Peppercorn Seasoned
75Strat
AG
About five years ago. After skiing dining on top of the mountain at Red River, NM. Snow cat ride to the top and down afterwards.

12 - 16 oz ribeye
Medium rare
Melt in your mouth
First real nice meal my wife had post chemo / radiation for lymphoma. Chef came and sat with us for awhile to make sure it was all good, found out where we were from, etc. Restaurant decorated in Christmas decor. We still talk about it.
atag
AG
What restaurant was this? The one at the top of the mountain?
75Strat
AG
Yes the one at the top of the mountain. It's after hours and you have to sign up at the base or on the website. Snow Cat ride to the top and back down afterwards. Don't know if it is still as good but it was awesome when we went.
62strat
AG
KidDoc said:

62strat said:

Slicer97 said:

I think what he meant was, "What a waste of Blanton's."

So what am I supposed to get a well whisky old fashioned with a nice dinner? I understand the whisky/soda argument, but in my opinion, a simple drink like an OF let's the whisky shine.

Let's not fool anyone, blanton's isn't a pappy or 25 year old scotch. I typically have a bottle at home, I know what it tastes like neat.

I have a few bottles of Blanton's at home at the moment but that is because I happened to spot some in the duty free shop at the Punta Cana, DR Airport a few weeks ago when flying home. I cannot find it anywhere in Aggieland and I've checked all of the major shops and a few minors.

Care to share where you find it?

Of note the duty free shop was $60 a bottle with no tax, not too bad really!

(sorry for minor thread derail)
I wouldn't say it's easy to come by in Denver, but I work by a shop that posts arrivals of stuff like that, so I can be there in 5 minutes and pick it up. It's $65 plus tax. I have seen it sitting on the shelf at the shop by my house though a few times.
BSD
AG
My dessert at SWS in Vegas: 4 oz of Kobe strip with a 2007 Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon.

Clob94
http://www.lowakesteakhouse.com/

Best steak on earth. Period, thread ended.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Clob94 said:

http://www.lowakesteakhouse.com/

Best steak on earth. Period, thread ended.
Been eating there my entire life. Pretty damn good food.
Carlo4
AG
Went to Shenanigans for the anniversary with the missus. I had a double whiskey and she splurged with a water.... a fine selection at midday. The steak was fantastic with A-1 and ketchup.

The lone complaint was from the limp wristed dodgeball losing sissy that got upset with the generous tip.
padreislandagfan
I like my steaks simple and delicious.

LOWAKE steak house
Lowake,Tx
Ribeye
Medium rare
Clob94
padreislandagfan said:

I like my steaks simple and delicious.

LOWAKE steak house
Lowake,Tx
Ribeye
Medium rare
Welcome to the party pal.

But you're too late.
padreislandagfan
Damn. Only 4 posts up.
I eat at lowake every chance I get.
My wife is from the area and in-laws are 10 miles away from the restaurant.

Not sure why their steaks are so damn good, but they are. I often get an order off menu and get the "steak trimmings" onion rings and a few cold beers.
Petrino1
Churrascaria Palace in Rio De Janeiro. Best steak and restaurant experience I've ever had.
FCBlitz
The Derby in Butte, Mt
Ribeye
Medium Rare
The seasoning that was tossed on and form a nice crunchy layer on that wonderful steak.

Just had steak fries and a house salad.....simple but good.

rwtxag83
AG
Pappas Brothers medium rare ribeye. They don't have anything that isn't awesome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.