Houston man must pay child support for kid that's not his

9,501 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3 William 56
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Abolish child support. This problem disappears.

It might even help in the area of unwed mothers(I'm using this term loosely). If the woman has to foot the entire bill if the father(again, term used loosely) doesn't want to support the child, I'll bet the instances of "oops, I forgot to take my bc. Now give me $1000 a month for 18 years to pay for my salon tri... er, the child."
No.

I guess it was a crazy idea. Personal responsibility isn't cool anymore. Oh well, I tried.
Yep. He is personally responsible for becoming a father.
titanmaster_race
Junkhead said:

Kee Kee said:

combat wombat said:

The article I read this morning said he met the child ONCE. He didn't not assume the role of father.
you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father
I don't pay close attention to this board but I read enough to know you're a whacked out chick. Are you really saying that this dude should owe child support for a ******* he didn't father and only met one time?

Can't speak for whether she believes it's right or not, but I think she's stating that that is the law, as it was noted earlier in the thread.
Unemployed
AG
Junkhead said:

combat wombat said:

So only women have personal responsibility when it comes to the creation of a child? Last time I checked you need a man and a woman to create a child.
But yet only one to kill a fetus.
Bringing it.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Kee Kee said:

combat wombat said:

The article I read this morning said he met the child ONCE. He didn't not assume the role of father.
you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father

superunknown
AG
She is right, that's the law.
Claude!
superunknown said:

Then the law is an ass.
Chickenhawk
combat wombat said:

So only women have personal responsibility when it comes to the creation of a child? Last time I checked you need a man and a woman to create a child.

Look, my point is simplistic, I admit. And yes, it takes two to tango. However, as we are constantly reminded that only one side of the equation carries the child.

I guess "my body, my choice" is only applicable when one wants to murder a child...but tie that child to an 18 year annuity, and all of a sudden the argument becomes "it takes two".
combat wombat™
AG
I believe that's wrong. Fathers have, or should have, rights to accompany their obligations.
Chickenhawk
Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

It might even help in the area of unwed mothers(I'm using this term loosely). If the woman has to foot the entire bill if the father(again, term used loosely) doesn't want to support the child, I'll bet the instances of "oops, I forgot to take my bc. Now give me $1000 a month for 18 years to pay for my salon tri... er, the child."
No.

I guess it was a crazy idea. Personal responsibility isn't cool anymore. Oh well, I tried.

Nope. It is the mother's whim that determines whether or not he will be a father.
Swarely
Claude! said:

superunknown said:

Then the law is an ass my dude.

FTFY
Know Your Enemy
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Junkhead said:

Kee Kee said:

combat wombat said:

I don't pay close attention to this board but I read enough to know you're a whacked out chick. Are you really saying that this dude should owe child support for a ******* he didn't father and only met one time?

Can't speak for whether she believes it's right or not, but I think she's stating that that is the law, as it was noted earlier in the thread.
Well then the idiot lawmakers need to correct that stupidity ASAP.
superunknown
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

Nope. It is the mother's whim that determines whether or not he will be a father.

My ex just up and decided she wanted out. Would not discuss anything about reconciliation or saving the marriage. So, divorce. Instant child support payment for me. Was told by my lawyer that Texas is so overwhelmingly in favor of the mother no matter what that it would be next to impossible to get full custody and that I'd be paying child support regardless.

So, women....if you wanna lay down and get bred every couple of years so you dont have to get a real job, the state of Texas makes it really easy for you.
Tanya 93
GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

She cannot make him a father if he doesn't have unprotected sex.
This was always the possibility from his actions. Next time, don't have sex and then when she says the child is yours, instant DNA testing so you can prove you never had sex.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
superunknown said:

titanmaster_race
What if she poked holes in his condom?
combat wombat™
AG
titanmaster_race said:

What she dug the condom out of the trash cash and shoved it up in her hooha?

Stop with the stupid arguments. Control what you put your dick in and this becomes a moot point.
Unemployed
AG
combat wombat said:

titanmaster_race said:

What she dug the condom out of the trash cash and shoved it up in her hooha?

Stop with the stupid arguments. Control what you put your dick in and this becomes a moot point.
That's why I always check her bathroom for a turkey baster before I have sex.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

She cannot make him a father if he doesn't have unprotected sex.
This was always the possibility from his actions. Next time, don't have sex and then when she says the child is yours, instant DNA testing so you can prove you never had sex.
Yes, because condoms work 100% of the time. It says so on the package, right?
Tanya 93
titanmaster_race said:

Then he shouldn't be having sex with someone he can't trust not to poke holes.
combat wombat™
AG
No one forces you to have sex. A child is always a risk when you have sex. Therefore, you have to be responsible for that possibility.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tanya 93 said:

titanmaster_race said:

I hope you're not really this stupid.
Chickenhawk
combat wombat said:

No one forces you to have sex. A child is always a risk when you have sex. Therefore, you have to be responsible for that possibility.

And I completely agree. I just believe there is a better vehicle than child support. The scenario that the current system causes is often as follows (I'm assuming we are only discussing the fathers that want to be a dad, the deadbeats are a different discussion all together):

Dad gets ordered to pay child support. In order to meet his obligation, he has to work a second job/tons of ot.

Mom decides it isn't enough, takes him back to court to modify. She argues that dad doesnt exercise all his visitation, so the kid isn't with him enough, therefore she needs more cs to pick up his slack.

She wins bc dad has indeed missed some visitation bc he has to be at work to meet the aforementioned obligations.

And she can ask the court to reduce his visitation as well. It becomes a vicious cycle.
Lungblood
Quote:

She wins bc dad has indeed missed some visitation bc he has to be at work to meet the aforementioned obligations.

And she can ask the court to reduce his visitation as well. It becomes a vicious cycle.
You reap what you sow ladies.
Tanya 93
Junkhead said:

Tanya 93 said:

titanmaster_race said:

I hope you're not really this stupid.
nevermind

94DallasAG
AG
58 replies so far without this (I'm disappointed):

Kitten With A Whip
RPM said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

I never had a child out of wedlock.
Congrats? Is this like saying you never killed a person or you never humped a family member?

Could be wrong here but I don't think you can pat yourself on the back for not doing something you aren't supposed to do.
The **** I can't! In today's society where women use abortion as their choice of birth control, I sure as hell can pat myself on the back for not putting myself in that situation. And, no, I have never killed a person, which includes not killing an unborn child in a society where that is acceptable and rampant, I will proudly take your congratulations even though it was a sarcastic and ****ty remark.
chjoak
AG
superunknown said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

My ex just up and decided she wanted out. Would not discuss anything about reconciliation or saving the marriage. So, divorce. Instant child support payment for me. Was told by my lawyer that Texas is so overwhelmingly in favor of the mother no matter what that it would be next to impossible to get full custody and that I'd be paying child support regardless.

So, women....if you wanna lay down and get bred every couple of years so you dont have to get a real job, the state of Texas makes it really easy for you.

I have 2 co-workers that were cheated on by their wife and both ended up getting screwed.

The first wasn't father to the kids. He had adopted her kids from a previous relationship. She was screwing his best friend and he found out because her kids told him what was going on. She took the house and his hot rod in addition to having to pay child support when she got custody of the kids that weren't biologically his.

Second was the father. Wife was running off on "business trips" and screwing her boyfriend on co-worker's dime. She took the house, his car and half of the SWA points he had accrued through work in addition to child support when she got custody because he travels too much.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

The first wasn't father to the kids. He had adopted her kids from a previous relationship. She was screwing his best friend and he found out because her kids told him what was going on. She took the house and his hot rod in addition to having to pay child support when she got custody of the kids that weren't biologically his.
An adopted kid is the same thing as one you made from scratch. He's got plenty to be upset about but paying child support for kids he didn't make isn't one of those things.
Tanya 93
chjoak said:

superunknown said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

I have 2 co-workers that were cheated on by their wife and both ended up getting screwed.

Second was the father. Wife was running off on "business trips" and screwing her boyfriend on co-worker's dime. She took the house, his car and half of the SWA points he had accrued through work in addition to child support when she got custody because he travels too much.
He adopted the kids. They are his.
chjoak
AG
I get that but it still sucks. Unless the mother is a drug addict, etc... there is no way he gets custody of those adopted kids.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Tanya 93 said:

chjoak said:

superunknown said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

He adopted the kids. They are his.

OregonAggie
AG
GAC06 said:

Holy crap this guy is hilarious.
TexasRebel
AG
So does this mean I have to take 9 billion DNA tests to prove I'm not anyone's father?
titanmaster_race
TexasRebel said:

So does this mean I have to take 9 billion DNA tests to prove I'm not anyone's father?

Just gonna lob that one in there?
TexasRebel
AG
Well... if we're on the hook for child support until we prove we aren't the father... Doesn't every male owe child support for everyone ever born?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.