Houston man must pay child support for kid that's not his

9,403 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3 William 56
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Gabriel Cornejo, 45, took a DNA test proving a child his ex-girlfriend had 16 years ago was not his.

The test was too late. In 2003, a child support court in Houston ruled that Cornejo owed his ex-girlfriend child support because, she claims, there was no way he wasn't the father.

At the crux of why Cornejo must pay up is Texas' family code, chapter 161, which states, even if you're not the biological father, you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father, Cornejo's lawyer Cheryl Coleman told Chron.com.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-man-must-pay-child-support-for-kid-that-s-11305261.php
EFE
AG
GinaLinetti
AG
That's bull*****
Tatem
seems pretty unfair
swc93
AG
Cornholio needs a better lawyer.
GinaLinetti
AG
They never served him. He just found out about it.

Quote:

"I've researched the records and found that there is an issue with the service where they served him back in 2002," Coleman said. "There are some anomalies with how this case handled by the attorney general's office. He was never served with those documents in 2002 when the actual paternity petition was filed against him."
Tatem
oh dang...that's terrible

i didn't read the article
The Fife
swc93 said:

Cornholio needs a better lawyer.
He spent all his money on TP instead.
Tom Hagen
AG
Hoors
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I hate Kanye, but it fits

marble rye
AG
What a cool idea. Guys can buy insurance in case they knock up someone or get screwed by some wratchet.
EFE
AG
How about this for the policy's name:

Women Having Out of Recognized Engagements Securities
EFE
AG
Or:
Single Kid and Non Kinfolk Securities
SkiMo
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

I hate Kanye, but it fits

"Should of"
TexasRebel
AG
What language is that?
PseudonymK
AG
He assumed the role of father...to a child with a THOT.
combat wombat™
AG
The article I read this morning said he met the child ONCE. He didn't not assume the role of father.
PseudonymK
AG
combat wombat said:

The article I read this morning said he met the child ONCE. He didn't not assume the role of father.
you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father
Kitten With A Whip
That is wrong is so many ways, but this has been going on forever. Wrap that **** up every single time. There is no excuse for this **** to keep happening. Take charge of your life! The same stands for women. I never had a child out of wedlock. You know why? I made sure that **** didn't happen.
austinAG90
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

That is wrong is so many ways, but this has been going on forever. Wrap that **** up every single time. There is no excuse for this **** to keep happening. Take charge of your life! The same stands for women. I never had a child out of wedlock. You know why? I made sure that **** didn't happen.

There's always adoption
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Kitten With A Whip
austinAG90 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

There's always adoption
You missed the point entirely.
GAC06
AG
combat wombat™
AG
What has that got to do with him assuming the role of father?
Tanya 93
Kee Kee said:

He assumed the role of father...to a child with a THOT.
He didn't assume the role of father.
He didn't know the child existed.
Al Bula
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

I never had a child out of wedlock.
Congrats? Is this like saying you never killed a person or you never humped a family member?

Could be wrong here but I don't think you can pat yourself on the back for not doing something you aren't supposed to do.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

Male birth control pills. Voluntary, with government subsidies for the economically challenged. Sold at gas stations, McDonaldses, and restroom gumball condom vendors.

Once those happen, all of these kinds of stories evaporate. As well as most of today's reproductive social issues.

No thank you. Terrible. Terrible. IMO.
Chickenhawk
Abolish child support. This problem disappears.

It might even help in the area of unwed mothers(I'm using this term loosely). If the woman has to foot the entire bill if the father(again, term used loosely) doesn't want to support the child, I'll bet the instances of "oops, I forgot to take my bc. Now give me $1000 a month for 18 years to pay for my salon tri... er, the child."
Tanya 93
GeorgiaAg85 said:

It might even help in the area of unwed mothers(I'm using this term loosely). If the woman has to foot the entire bill if the father(again, term used loosely) doesn't want to support the child, I'll bet the instances of "oops, I forgot to take my bc. Now give me $1000 a month for 18 years to pay for my salon tri... er, the child."
No.
Unemployed
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

No thank you. Terrible. Terrible. IMO.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Kee Kee said:

combat wombat said:

you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father
I don't pay close attention to this board but I read enough to know you're a whacked out chick. Are you really saying that this dude should owe child support for a ******* he didn't father and only met one time?
Chickenhawk
Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

No.

I guess it was a crazy idea. Personal responsibility isn't cool anymore. Oh well, I tried.
Beer Baron
AG
Personal responsibility is a great argument FOR child support.
combat wombat™
AG
So only women have personal responsibility when it comes to the creation of a child? Last time I checked you need a man and a woman to create a child.
Know Your Enemy
AG
combat wombat said:

So only women have personal responsibility when it comes to the creation of a child? Last time I checked you need a man and a woman to create a child.
But yet only one to kill a fetus.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.