Houston man must pay child support for kid that's not his

9,457 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3 William 56
PseudonymK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Junkhead said:

Kee Kee said:

combat wombat said:

The article I read this morning said he met the child ONCE. He didn't not assume the role of father.
you still owe child support that accrued before the DNA test proves you're not the father
I don't pay close attention to this board but I read enough to know you're a whacked out chick. Are you really saying that this dude should owe child support for a ******* he didn't father and only met one time?
I didn't say that. It is a quote from the OP.

I am serious when I want to be, and I am truly not bothered.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

RPM said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

I never had a child out of wedlock.
Congrats? Is this like saying you never killed a person or you never humped a family member?

Could be wrong here but I don't think you can pat yourself on the back for not doing something you aren't supposed to do.
The **** I can't! In today's society where women use abortion as their choice of birth control, I sure as hell can pat myself on the back for not putting myself in that situation. And, no, I have never killed a person, which includes not killing an unborn child in a society where that is acceptable and rampant, I will proudly take your congratulations even though it was a sarcastic and ****ty remark.
You're exaggerating a bit.

The number of abortions as a % of births is about half what it was in the late 70's, so today's society seems better off than before.

About .38% of American women will have an abortion this year. So 99.6% of the rest of the female population will not. You're not a hero for not having an abortion.

I would't really call abortion common or rampant, unless anything more than 0 is common and rampant to you.
Kitten With A Whip
Esteban du Plantier said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

RPM said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

I never had a child out of wedlock.
Congrats? Is this like saying you never killed a person or you never humped a family member?

Could be wrong here but I don't think you can pat yourself on the back for not doing something you aren't supposed to do.
The **** I can't! In today's society where women use abortion as their choice of birth control, I sure as hell can pat myself on the back for not putting myself in that situation. And, no, I have never killed a person, which includes not killing an unborn child in a society where that is acceptable and rampant, I will proudly take your congratulations even though it was a sarcastic and ****ty remark.
You're exaggerating a bit.

The number of abortions as a % of births is about half what it was in the late 70's, so today's society seems better off than before.

About .38% of American women will have an abortion this year. So 99.6% of the rest of the female population will not. You're not a hero for not having an abortion.

I would't really call abortion common or rampant, unless anything more than 0 is common and rampant to you.

First of all, show me current statistics to support your numbers and maybe I will take you seriously. Second, I never said I was a hero and your last comment was even more idiotic. I didn't realize you were operating on so few brain cells.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Copy and paste of CDC stats:

-In 2013, 664,435 legal induced abortions were reported
-abortion ratio was 200 abortions per 1,000 live births.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/index.htm

-In 1980, the total was 1,297,606, an increase of 3.6% over 1979.
-347.3 per 1,000 live births in 1978 to 359.4/1,000 in 1980.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001243.htm

So, the rate of abortions went from 360 per 1000 to 200 per 1000 births, and it's likely dropped since 2013.
664,435 abortions in 160,000,000 women = about .41%

I'm not sure what it was about my last sentence that led you to make a presumption regarding my intelligence. I disagree with you, sure. But I did not personally attack or attempt to insult you, so I'm not sure why you're so vitriolic.

CentralTXag
AG
Picture changes a little bit when you consider the percentages of abortions versus total pregnancies in a given year. Doesn't seem quite so "minor".
Kitten With A Whip

So, the rate of abortions went from 360 per 1000 to 200 per 1000 births, and it's likely dropped since 2013.

I'm not sure what it was about my last sentence that led you to make a presumption regarding my intelligence. I disagree with you, sure. But I did not personally attack or attempt to insult you, so I'm not sure why you're so vitriolic.

While the number of abortions may be slightly decreasing over the years, there are still a hell of a lot of abortions being performed every years. Based on available state-level data, an estimated 908,000 U.S. abortions took place in 2015 as reported here: http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/
[url=http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/][/url]
In any case, it doesn't really matter. My point was that we all, men included, have to take responsibility for our own actions. Sure, the story the OP posted is mind blowing, but for most people, cases like that can be avoided by taking personal responsibility for your own reproduction and taking all precautions, including abstinance, against letting these "accidents" happen. Satly, that isn't the case a lot the time because people tend to think with their privates. Men do not have to be completely at the mercy of the courts.
Sorry, I don't know how to get rid of this underline bullcrap.
Al Bula
AG
LOL

Esteban du Plantier
AG
CentralTXag said:

Picture changes a little bit when you consider the percentages of abortions versus total pregnancies in a given year. Doesn't seem quite so "minor".

Let me start off by saying I don't like the idea of abortions at all, but I also don't like the idea of neglected, unwanted kids and kids born into situations where they'll be on the government dime for life. It's a sort of unfortunate but necessary evil for me as long as it's done very very early.
I was mostly posting a rebuttal to the idea that "today's society" is ****ed seeing that we're half as bad as we were before "today's society".

Late term abortion is evil. I'm not exactly sure when I personally believe that abortion goes from ok to murder, but in the first few weeks of pregnancy, I don't really see an embryo as a person yet.

Kitten With A Whip
Esteban, we agree for the most part, except for that last sentence. I am pro-life, but at the same time, I would rather see [early stage] abortion legal, for a couple of reasons, actually. I do have a hard time saying that, though, because I do feel like even from the first minutes of conception, we are talking about a human life. I'm very torn on the issue, but I do see the need.
ToHntortoFsh
Does the father of the adopted kids he's paying child support for get visitation rights?
chjoak
AG
ToHntortoFsh said:

Does the father of the adopted kids he's paying child support for get visitation rights?

Not sure. Never hear about him seeing them but he does live in a different town then me so I guess he could be.
Beer Baron
AG
Unless he's given the court some reason not to give him visitation, it's standard that he'd get it.
HTownAg86
Told my lawyer (also my wife) this scenario just now. I said that can't be right a guy is on the hook for child support for a kid that's not his. Her response was that the courts will always err on the side of protecting the interest of the child. In this case, yes, he's responsible for paying the child support during the time he was the presumed father (before the DNA test proved otherwise). She did mention he probably also now has a claim against the actual father for the same amount of his owed child support.
Kitten With A Whip
chjoak said:

ToHntortoFsh said:

Not sure. Never hear about him seeing them but he does live in a different town then me so I guess he could be.
Not quite the same circumstance, but I was adopted at birth. When my parents divorced, my daid paid the same child support for me as he did my sister and he had standard visitation rights. Adopted parents usually have the same legal rights as biological parents.
agracer
AG

There are not 160M women in this country capable of getting pregnant.

Their were 3.9M live births in the US in 2013. Not counting miscarriages, that would put your number closer to 14% of pregnancies ending in abortion.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
agracer said:

Their were 3.9M live births in the US in 2013. Not counting miscarriages, that would put your number closer to 14% of pregnancies ending in abortion.

Read the numbers. In 2013 200 abortions per 1000 births, that's 2/12=16.7%

Of course, that's not considering that the vast majority of conceptions are lost before implantation.
beerad12man
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

The first wasn't father to the kids. He had adopted her kids from a previous relationship. She was screwing his best friend and he found out because her kids told him what was going on. She took the house and his hot rod in addition to having to pay child support when she got custody of the kids that weren't biologically his.
An adopted kid is the same thing as one you made from scratch. He's got plenty to be upset about but paying child support for kids he didn't make isn't one of those things.

If he was the reason for the divorce sure. Since he isn't, then paying for them is bulls***
Beer Baron
AG
He adopted them. He could've just had them remain generic stepchildren and he'd be off the hook when he kicked mom to the curb.
agracer
AG

agracer said:

Of course, that's not considering that the vast majority of conceptions are lost before implantation.
I was responding to your 160M women stat which is completely meaningless in this discussion.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
agracer said:

agracer said:

I was responding to your 160M women stat which is completely meaningless in this discussion.

Well, yeah, but I had to make the numbers say what I wanted them to say.
3 William 56
AG
Beer Baron said:

He adopted them. He could've just had them remain generic stepchildren and he'd be off the hook when he kicked mom to the curb.
true, but i'm betting he was pressured into it by his gold-digging **** of a wife for this exact reason.
Beer Baron
AG
Maybe, but his terrible judgment isn't a miscarriage of justice.
3 William 56
AG
agree

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.