How do you feel about spanking kids?

13,043 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dcAg
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kee Kee said:

MooreTrucker said:

BombayAg said:

bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.
Spanking is different from abuse.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.
We are all productive citizens and will be in the future.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.
Yep. I tried to pull that on my dad once. Once.
I tried that after I turned 30. Barely got the words out. I can't even say "pissed off" without chills.

I haven't spanked Minnie since she was 3. Lately, I just don't say anything to her; or make her write essays. My favorite thing is to wake her up in the middle of the night and say "didn't I tell you to wipe off this counter?"
You make her *shudder* wipe off the counters?!?! You monster!!!
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

superunknown said:

Beer Baron said:

It's one of my favorite hobbies.

Yeah, i only spank other people's kids. Not my own.

You like to spank?

Asking for a friend

How you...uh, your friend...doin???
histag10
AG
at a young age, I learned never to laugh after my mother spanked me.

PseudonymK
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Kee Kee said:

MooreTrucker said:

BombayAg said:

bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.
I tried that after I turned 30. Barely got the words out. I can't even say "pissed off" without chills.

I haven't spanked Minnie since she was 3. Lately, I just don't say anything to her; or make her write essays. My favorite thing is to wake her up in the middle of the night and say "didn't I tell you to wipe off this counter?"
Yep. And she has an ANDROID phone. I'm an alien.
CDUB98
AG
Kee Kee said:

My favorite thing is to wake her up in the middle of the night and say "didn't I tell you to wipe off this counter?"

MooreTrucker
AG
Kee Kee said:

MooreTrucker said:

Kee Kee said:

MooreTrucker said:

BombayAg said:

bs.

Yep. And she has an ANDROID phone. I'm an alien.
OMG!!! Time to call CPS!!
StringerBell
AG
Quote:

All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents.
im an indian kid who grew up in the US and i wasnt spanked.

i turned out ok
Eliminatus
AG
Just remember folks. Pain retains!

Best inherent training aid we have as humans.
BostonAg74
1. Get to know your kid
2. Learn what works and doesn't work for discipline
3. Be consistent

If you feel that you have to read and follow one size fits all advice in books written by "experts", you clearly did not put enough effort into Step One.
PseudonymK
AG
I tell my truth. And she will make an agreeable wife.
Ag with kids
AG
Wrong thread
CDUB98
AG
I'm very thankful that I will likely never have to spank TDUB.

She's so tender hearted that only I need raise my voice about 1 decibel above normal and she understand she's in trouble, then discussion of proper behavior quickly follows.
BostonAg74
CDUB98 said:

I'm very thankful that I will likely never have to spank TDUB.

She's so tender hearted that only I need raise my voice about 1 decibel above normal and she understand she's in trouble, then discussion of proper behavior quickly follows.
That was what worked best for us as well. My wife and I were always pretty soft spoken around the kids. Any change in volume immediately got their attention.
jokershady
AG
We spank...get the spoon...timeout...take toys/stuffed animals away......one time I took his door off to his room

Whatever it takes. Have them learn the hard lessons now so when they're older you don't have to try and teach what being respectful is because by then it's too late.
Tanya 93
Man, I, I mean my friend, really needs to come back to Texas.
PseudonymK
AG
Do you know what rawhide is?
CDUB98
AG
Kee Kee said:

Do you know what rawhide is?
You trying to change the subject of this thread?
PseudonymK
AG
Nope. My GrandMa hung a rawhide by her front door. We did not ever cross her.
george92
I praise my girls and beat my boy every day whether they need it or not.
gigemags-99
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

This verse actually has nothing to do with spanking.
CDUB98
AG
gigemags-99 said:

PrincessButtercup said:

That verse actually does not exist in the Bible.
superunknown
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Man, I, I mean my friend, really needs to come back to Texas.

Your friend should bring you. I have two hands.
Geralt of Rivia
S
y'all are gay
PseudonymK
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

y'all are gay
Yes, yes i am.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Just another tool in the toolbox

Works for some, not for others.
gigemags-99
AG
CDUB98 said:

gigemags-99 said:

PrincessButtercup said:

That verse actually does not exist in the Bible.

You're right. It is, though, based on Proverbs 13:24. So it is misquoted and misinterpreted.
Tanya 93
People who are pro spanking or think the Bible calls for it, can you explain why you think it is the way to make kids behave?

I am just getting from posters than spanking makes your kids behave. It certainly didn't work with my brothers.
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

People who are pro spanking or think the Bible calls for it, can you explain why you think it is the way to make kids behave?

I am just getting from posters than spanking makes your kids behave. It certainly didn't work with my brothers.

Some kids it works on. Some kids it doesn't.

If it works, it's a tool that can be used to instill discipline. If it doesn't, it's a waste of time.
eeinhouston
Tanya 93 said:

Most people don't know how, when, why, where, etc to spank properly, so the vast majority of spanking that people do is ineffectual or harmful.
Tanya 93
Ag with kids said:

Tanya 93 said:

If it works, it's a tool that can be used to instill discipline. If it doesn't, it's a waste of time.
And that is my point.

Spanking doesn't mean you have well disciplined kids.

Joe Exotic
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I have two boys.

It works with one but not the other. I use it on one because it works.
cottonpatchag
AG
I don't know which answer you want:

A) I don't feel it

B) This is gonna hurt me more that it hurt's you

C) If you get it at school, you' get twice as bad when you get home

D) Wait til Dad get's home

E) Go git a switch!
Jill
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ag with kids said:

Tanya 93 said:

And that is my point.

Spanking doesn't mean you have well disciplined kids.

Amen. It's all about discipline which does not automatically mean spanking.

My cousins were spanked all.the.time. My siblings and I (while we were spanked on occasion) turned out to be much more productive in society. We've never been to jail (they have) etc.

We personally are a no spanking house. Mainly because when we check ourselves in the moments that we would it's all because of our anger. Not truly because our 3 year old is acting like a fool. We have found gentler methods that encourage listening and obedience. But he still knows who is boss, I assure you.
PseudonymK
AG
cottonpatchag said:

E) Go git a switch!
Holy crap on a biscuit!
SeattleAgJr
Spanking!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.