How do you feel about spanking kids?

12,971 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dcAg
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My best friends mom just posted this on Facebook.

Five Decades of Research Confirms: Spanking Produces Similar Outcomes in Children as Physical Abuse.

http://www.earthbasedmom.com/five-decades-research-confirms-spanking-physical-abuse-produces-similar-outcomes-children/

I never know what to think about this stuff because myself, my siblings, and pretty much all of our friends got spankings on a pretty regular basis. The only thing If eel it left me with was a healthy respect for belts and wooden spoons. I don't have kids so it's not something I need to worry about. Just was wondering what the TA consensus was on that particular method of punishment.

Also, did any of y'all have to kneel as a punishment? Man I hated that. I would have rather taken a spankingn than kneel for a few minutes.
CDUB98
AG
Not this **** again.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've decided that I'm just going to clicker train my kids
PrincessButtercup
AG
Spare the rod, spoil the child.
gambochaman
AG
THROWBACK WEEK CONTINUES

lets start an airplane on a treadmill thread too while we're at it

tipping at sonic?

others?
chipotle
Ah yes. Studies conducted to find THEIR truth. I believe it.
MooreTrucker
AG
gambochaman said:

THROWBACK WEEK CONTINUES

tipping at sonic?

others?

Bevel. Duh.
Martin Q. Blank
1. earthbasedmom.com
2. Psychologists - most liberal and godless in all of academia
3. Millennials

I rest my case.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Inb4FlyingSquirrelandTanya
CDUB98
AG
gambochaman said:

THROWBACK WEEK CONTINUES

tipping at sonic?

others?

Backpacks: two strap or one strap.
Swarely
I would no strap it if it were possible.
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
Beer Baron
AG
It's one of my favorite hobbies.
HBCanine08
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

Spare the rod, spoil the child.
***t I heard growing up. Oh well, I deserved every spanking I got. I was a terrible kid/teenager.
PseudonymK
AG
Whoop that a...oh oops.

No, little Minnie has the best of love and intention. She writes letters of apologies.
proc
AG
I only had to hand spank my two kids a few times before they figured it out. After they were 5 years old, I never had a problem with either one of them.
chipotle
Lar recommended a book on this.

West Point Aggie
AG
Lack of discipline and spankings explain the epidemic of spoiled, disrespectful, bratty, rude, mean, and entitled little and young adult aholes running around!

My favorites: when some idiot parent thinks they can "reason" with their young kid and the kid ends up taking advantage of the parent, and when a small child either cusses or disrespects the parent in front of other adults and the parent feels completely unable/unwilling to do anything about it...it is both embarrassing and sad to witness...

The few times I dared to disrespect my parents in front of other adults I got exactly what I deserved...
Tanya 93
Don't do it.
Not my place to tell others not to.

Discipline is what is important.
PseudonymK
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Lack of discipline and spankings explain the epidemic of spoiled, disrespectful, bratty, rude, mean, and entitled little and young adult aholes running around!

My favorites: when some idiot parent thinks they can "reason" with their young kid and the kid ends up taking advantage of the parent, and when a small child either cusses or disrespects the parent in front of other adults and the parent feels completely unable/unwilling to do anything about it...it is both embarrassing and sad to witness...

The few times I dared to disrespect my parents in front of other adults I got exactly what I deserved...
I still can't say the word "lie" in front of my Momma.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Don't do it.

Yep. Some kids respond to spanking, others to time out, etc.

And eff anyone who tries to tell me how to raise my kids. We did some spanking and some time out and some other options and my kids are outstanding young adults. Yes, I'm bragging. They really are.
HC
The more I see people telling other people how to live their lives, the less I care. I've been desensitized. Beat them at will! Fire away!
superunknown
AG
Beer Baron said:

Yeah, i only spank other people's kids. Not my own.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I preferred to spank undergraduate coeds in the bedroom. They were more willing to show their appreciation.
BombayAg
bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.
Spanking is different from abuse.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.
We are all productive citizens and will be in the future.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.
Ag with kids
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't do it.

And eff anyone who tries to tell me how to raise my kids. We did some spanking and some time out and some other options and my kids are outstanding young adults. Yes, I'm bragging. They really are.

I used a wide array of methods.

Spanking was in the arsenal. Some responded to it, others didn't.

I didn't use it if it wasn't effective.
BombayAg
MooreTrucker said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't do it.

Well done!

I think this needs to be done in early childhood so kids know boundaries. Many white (and even some Indian/Chinese now) want to be very liberal and let their kids do whatever they want and they grow up into monsters and probably will end up in jail.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
You need to discipline according to how the child responds and what the action is. We will chastise our older child for certain behaviors and isolate for others. Some weeks one works better than the other. Some weeks bribing works better than punishment. Positive reinforcement of good behavior will always be used and a thorough explanation of why the behavior was wrong and what is expected next time will always be included in every case of punishment. The key is to get your childs attention and raise them to the societal standard of acceptable behavior. Some kids pop out wanting to act accordingly, others it could take years to get there. In either case for the sake of society the same standard must be achieved. It isn't fun and it isn't easy but it must be done.
PseudonymK
AG
BombayAg said:

bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.

Tell me more. I have a half-white/half-indian guy I'm interested in.
Tanya 93
superunknown said:

Beer Baron said:

You like to spank?

Asking for a friend
superunknown
AG
Tanya 93 said:

superunknown said:

Beer Baron said:

You like to spank?

Asking for a friend

You, i mean your friend is someone's kid. So...yes.
MooreTrucker
AG
BombayAg said:

bs.

Yep. I tried to pull that on my dad once. Once.

Same for my own son. I reminded him that I know everything that he knows about fighting, but he doesn't know everything I know. And I fight dirty. It didn't take long and no punches were actually thrown.
Tanya 93
BombayAg said:

bs.

That is a no discipline problem and not a no spanking problem.
MooreTrucker
AG
BombayAg said:

MooreTrucker said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't do it.

Well done!

I think this needs to be done in early childhood so kids know boundaries. Many white (and even some Indian/Chinese now) want to be very liberal and let their kids do whatever they want and they grow up into monsters and probably will end up in jail.
I have a SIL that's like this. She SO BADLY wants to be liked by her kids and be the cool mom that she pretty much lets them do and say whatever. If they get really out of hand, she yells and cusses at them, but that's about it. And they pretty much ignore her.
PseudonymK
AG
MooreTrucker said:

BombayAg said:

bs.

Yep. I tried to pull that on my dad once. Once.
I tried that after I turned 30. Barely got the words out. I can't even say "pissed off" without chills.

I haven't spanked Minnie since she was 3. Lately, I just don't say anything to her; or make her write essays. My favorite thing is to wake her up in the middle of the night and say "didn't I tell you to wipe off this counter?"
Trident 88
AG
I actually never had to spank my kids. Squeezing the back of their neck usually prevented the need for a spanking.

And if they misbehaved when I wasn't there to stop it, taking away the stuff they liked and making them work their ass off was more effective than smacking them days after the offense.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.