How do you feel about spanking kids?

13,007 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dcAg
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad whooped my ass plenty of times with a belt.

Both of my kids have behaved much, much better than I ever did, and I haven't spanked them.

However, if you drew the short straw when it comes to your kid, I can see where whipping their ass might be necessary as a last resort. With any luck, the switch will flip and they'll get past whatever issues are making them such a PITA.
riverrataggie
AG
Spank mine. She'll be turning 3 this summer. She acts gets a pop on the bottom after a number of tries of talking to her, etc. Nothing all that hard but to know I'm disappointed.
Wildman15
AG
I was spanked as a child. There were also a few times when my dad would thump me on the forehead with his Aggie Ring. Good times
Ag with kids
AG
Wildman15 said:

I was spanked as a child. There were also a few times when my dad would thump me on the forehead with his Aggie Ring. Good times
I did the Aggie Ring thing. A light tap, though. I only had to do it once on most of my kids (my oldest boy was slower to catch on, apparently).

After that, I would just look at whichever kid was ****ing up, turn my ring slowly, and their eyes would get REAL wide...and then they straightened up...
Wildman15
AG
Ag with kids said:

Wildman15 said:

I did the Aggie Ring thing. A light tap, though. I only had to do it once on most of my kids (my oldest boy was slower to catch on, apparently).

After that, I would just look at whichever kid was ****ing up, turn my ring slowly, and their eyes would get REAL wide...and then they straightened up...

It's like you and my dad know each other
Ag with kids
AG
Wildman15 said:

Ag with kids said:

Wildman15 said:

Son?
Wildman15
AG
Ag with kids said:

Wildman15 said:

Ag with kids said:

Wildman15 said:

Son?
Haha though you have the same punishment style as my father, you are not him. But he does visit the GB occasionally.
BombayAg
Kee Kee said:

BombayAg said:

bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.
Spanking is different from abuse.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.
We are all productive citizens and will be in the future.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.

Tell me more. I have a half-white/half-indian guy I'm interested in.

Tell you more about what?
chipotle
My kid is almost 2. Soon I will go all Super Saiyan on her. It's going to be awesome.
aTmAg
AG
Any "study" that makes the claim that spanking is worse is guaranteed to be flawed. There is simply no real way to filter out abuse and inconsistent spanking from legitimate cases no matter how hard they might try. It's not like the researchers are living with every family being surveyed and categorizing each spanking that might happen as consistent or not. Even if they eliminate families with reported case of abuse, there are still families out there who will let bad behavior slide too long unpunished and then finally spank their kids after the final straw. Those families will go down in the "spanking column" even though their kids bratty behavior is really due to inconsistent and general lack of punishment.

Not to mention many such studies are on a mission to prove spanking is bad on the outset, and are worthless anyway.
PseudonymK
AG
BombayAg said:

Kee Kee said:

BombayAg said:

bs.
All Indian kids in the US are spanked by their parents. Almost all of them do well in life and are productive.
Spanking is different from abuse.

I have spanked my kids when they were little. They are older but it is still on the table as an option. My older is such a good kid that it's been ages since I spanked him. He has accumulated so many brownie points with me that even when he does a spankable violation, I let him go with a warning.

I got spanked, and my daddy got spanked and my kids got spanked. All by loving parents.
We are all productive citizens and will be in the future.

We have a Pakistani Muslim neighbor and she had kids after 3 miscarriages and pampers and never spanks. Their kid is my older's age. Almost teen. He openly tells his dad to "F Off" and is rude to elders and told another grown up in front of me "you want to take this outside??". If I were his dad, I would have kicked his ass.

Tell me more. I have a half-white/half-indian guy I'm interested in.

Tell you more about what?
Are they spanked in a cultural manner or is it learned here?
How do dads spank or whoop butt? My Momma never let a man hit me.
Retired Principal
AG
Don't spank. Just use a thump to the chest with my Aggie Ring.
ac04
i have smart kids, so no need for physical violence to teach them how to act.
The last time my dad did this to me, I slammed his car trunk door on his head and told him not to do that again. And he didn't. I deserved every spanking I got and many more that I didn't, but the ring thing, in my opinion, was abusive. Or maybe it's not and he just did it too much, but I still pretty much lose it if I get hit on my head.
Ag with kids
AG
26.2 said:

The last time my dad did this to me, I slammed his car trunk door on his head and told him not to do that again. And he didn't. I deserved every spanking I got and many more that I didn't, but the ring thing, in my opinion, was abusive. Or maybe it's not and he just did it too much, but I still pretty much lose it if I get hit on my head.
Ah...

So, you're an abusive child.

Noted.
army01
AG
Never spanked my daughter (7). Have spanked my son (4). No noticeable improvement in behavior. Have resorted to squirting him with a water bottle. Works like a charm. Tough as nails, but such a little ***** with water.
MooreTrucker
AG
Our kids' school had a form that we filled out at the beginning of each year, which included a statement on corporal punishment. We signed the form as OK to administer corporal punishment to our kids, and made sure that the kids knew that we'd given that OK.

It was never needed. Just the threat was enough.
vin1041
AG
No spanking, but my kids sometimes had cigarette burns on them!
dcAg
I wouldn't even know where to get a goat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.