Tu baseball

10,233 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rusty GCS
KSigAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone who follows the broader scope of college baseball closer than me break down how they are so good this year? It had seemed in 19 and 20 they were struggling and were ready to fire Pierce. Did they just have a couple of down years due to youth? I know in 21 they made their run to Omaha on pitching and it looks like their staff is really good again this year
LRB38
S
Honestly, I think it's just good recruiting finally paying off. It also helps Pierce is a dang good coach, IMO. That's what happens when you have someone who can find talent and then develop it. I would expect Schloss to do the same. From a birds eye view, it seems that RC did not leave him with much.
AgsNguyen
AG
Pearce was never on the hot seat. He's a dude. Went to World Series in 2018, 2019 was a down year, 2020 off to a good 14-3 start when season halted.

His recruiting has been very, very good. They have a machine rolling right now.

Happy we've got a dude now too. It will take a year or two but it's where we should be also.
Bullpen Chias
AG
They lost an avg of 25 games/yr first three years. Then Covid, then CWS. Sometimes takes a moment to get ship right.
aginlakeway
AG
KSigAg12 said:

Can someone who follows the broader scope of college baseball closer than me break down how they are so good this year? It had seemed in 19 and 20 they were struggling and were ready to fire Pierce. Did they just have a couple of down years due to youth? I know in 21 they made their run to Omaha on pitching and it looks like their staff is really good again this year

Recruting. I'd be stunned if they don't make a run in Omaha again this year.
Andyzipp
AG
I'm a little biased because Coach Pierce was my high school coach at St. Pius X a hundred years ago, but he's an excellent coach. It took him a minute to get recruiting where it needed to be, but he was always going to adjust. And he was never under any real fire, outside of internet message boards.
Habanero Guero
AG
Crazy what can happen when you don't passively wait out a coach's contract when they aren't putting effort into recruiting
Houston Astros- 2017 & 2022 World Champs
aginlakeway
AG
EL TORO L0C0 said:

Crazy what can happen when you don't passively wait out a coach's contract when they aren't putting effort into recruiting

Maybe. But many Texas fans thought they did that with Augie in his last 2 seasons.

Some on TexAgs would have probably wanted Pierce fired after 2019 when they missed the post season.

And some on TexAgs thought the pre-season polls were voted on by Texas lovers so that's why Texas was No. 1 this season.

Lots of craziness out there.
aginlakeway
AG
Shouldn't this be moved to PUB?
emando2000
AG
aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they had an undefeated season.
aginlakeway
AG
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

I would. It's never happened before. Very very very high odds against that happening.

I think 6 losses is the fewest ever. But I may be wrong.
emando2000
AG
aginlakeway said:

emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

I would. It's never happened before. Very very very high odds against that happening.

I think 6 losses is the fewest ever. But I may be wrong.

I get it. Honestly I can see them with under 5 losses this year. They're cruising right now against good competition and beating the lesser competition like they should. Plenty of arms & bats.
woodiewood1
Good recruiting and most all upper classmen. Next year will be a rebuilding year.
SAustin
1972 Arizona State 64-6.
aginlakeway
AG
SAustin said:

1972 Arizona State 64-6.

Yep. So 5 losses and under has never happened.
Maroon Elephant
AG
All pompous lies about the greatness of their football program are actually truth when applied to their baseball program. True elite blue blood. Kills me to say that but it's true.
TexAgs Firestorm Survivor
#NeverForget
OKCAGS
Recruiting , Recruiting, Recruiting. We have one of the top recruiters in the country now .... we will be fine in a couple of years .
old yeller
AG
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

78669AG
great recruiting and an older team
TempleAg97
AG
Great RPI opportunity for the Ags this year.
Rusty GCS
AG
aginlakeway said:

SAustin said:

1972 Arizona State 64-6.

1989 Aggie baseball only had 5 losses before a regional double header vs LSU
Cobra39
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they had 6 undefeated seasons in a row...maybe more.

Cobra39
aginlakeway
AG
Rusty GCS said:

aginlakeway said:

SAustin said:

1972 Arizona State 64-6.

1989 Aggie baseball only had 5 losses before a regional double header vs LSU

Yep. We ended up losing 7 that year. Losing less than 5 in a season has never happened.
Bullpen Chias
AG
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

Surely this is sarcasm.
aginlakeway
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

Surely this is sarcasm.

He meant it. He later posted that they would lose less than 5 games.

We'll see.
Psychag
AG
Great pitching staff. Could be historically great.
Rusty GCS
AG
Psychag said:

Why is it always them or LSU and never us
KSigAg12
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Psychag said:

Why is it always them or LSU and never us

I believe that will change. Schlossnagle will get what he can out of this years team to develop some faith and then I think his recruiting really changes things.
FrioAg 00
AG
This should be a reminder when we aren't winning in Year 1 or 2 under Schloss.

Completely rebuilding a roster in college baseball takes time.
Thisguy1
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

Oops.

TAMU1990
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

This should be a reminder when we aren't winning in Year 1 or 2 under Schloss.

Completely rebuilding a roster in college baseball takes time.
Exactly - it will probably take 4 years to win and be in serious contention to go to Omaha. That would make the 2022's juniors (the first true class of the new coaches).
LBAggies
David Pierce is a class act. My son played at TAMUCC and tu does a home & home each year with them. I don't remember tu ever doing that before. It means a lot to those schools getting to host the two big state schools (including A&M).
SoCalifAg
well so much for going undefeated...Lost to UCLA today 5-1
emando2000
AG
SoCali*** said:

well so much for going undefeated...Lost to UCLA today 5-1

Good, I hate those kunts!
FishyLamar
AG
The ole' reverse jinx. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't lose another game this year.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.