Tu baseball

10,254 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rusty GCS
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
old yeller said:

Rusty GCS said:

nortex97 said:

Sips are now 5th in the B12.

Make that 6th after getting swept this weekend

Led 7-0 after six today. Gave up a ten spot in the seventh. Lost 10-8. Wow.

Wow.
Bullpen Chias
AG
aginlakeway said:

old yeller said:

Rusty GCS said:

nortex97 said:

Wow.

Would have been a crazy way to end an undefeated season.
94chem
Now UT, on the other hand...
nortex97
AG
Ah, yes, what a weekend for sip sports. Football continues to fail at developing NFL players, completely.

Up 7-0, in the bottom of the 6th, bases loaded, and they manage to swing at a ball that hits the batter to end the inning, then give up 10 in a 45+ minute 7th to lose the game, and get swept. But let's focus on just a few tears from the 6th which to me was the funniest part:

Quote:

god damn... this inning has had, 1 walk 3 hit batters, 3 wild pitches and not a single ****ing run.

thats almost statistially impossible.
Quote:

Quote:
Stehly swung at ball 4 three times.
Quote:

Quote:
That inning sums up the last few months or so.

It was an avalanche of tears from the fans of the 'best team of all time' that 'might not lose another game' all weekend. I don't see the article yet, but D1 appears to have decided to give up the dream this year, dropping them all the way from 10th in the nation to unranked overnight.

The sips are now 6th in the Big 12 (which of course is only 10 teams), impressively still at 9-9 in conference play (31-16 overall). They have to go to WVU next weekend, one of the teams ahead of them of course, and then finish with the always dangerous Kansas coming to Austin to see if they can finish off their hopes and dreams this year.

gigemJTH12
AG
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

Can someone who follows the broader scope of college baseball closer than me break down how they are so good this year? It had seemed in 19 and 20 they were struggling and were ready to fire Pierce. Did they just have a couple of down years due to youth? I know in 21 they made their run to Omaha on pitching and it looks like their staff is really good again this year

Recruting. I'd be stunned if they don't make a run in Omaha again this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had an undefeated season.
this will live forever. just embrace it!
DTP02
AG
old yeller said:

Rusty GCS said:

nortex97 said:

It just doesn't seem possible with a "historically great pitching staff".
DTP02
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

Can someone who follows the broader scope of college baseball closer than me break down how they are so good this year? It had seemed in 19 and 20 they were struggling and were ready to fire Pierce. Did they just have a couple of down years due to youth? I know in 21 they made their run to Omaha on pitching and it looks like their staff is really good again this year

He needs to weaponize it. Need a post from emando in early September, after the horns handle their directional school warmup game, about them going undefeated and winning the natty in football this year.
gigemJTH12
AG
why is this listed under Other sports?

it was on premium to start
nortex97
AG
I really dunno why it got moved. If anything, it should have gone to OR.
SMM48
AG
emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

nortex97
AG
DTP02 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

emando2000 said:

aginlakeway said:

KSigAg12 said:

He needs to weaponize it. Need a post from emando in early September, after the horns handle their directional school warmup game, about them going undefeated and winning the natty in football this year.
This is how one message boards. C'mon TA poster (good guy who came back and joked about it), we need you to do this.
Mike Elko
AG
Stumbled upon this thread. Never change, TexAgs... Never change.
AggieBand2004
AG
I was wondering where this thread had gone
aginlakeway
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

I was wondering where this thread had gone

It's a classic!!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
nortex97
AG
Minor update heading toward the buzz saw that is Kansas in all sports as a finale, the mighty sips are now 6th…not nationally, but in the Big 12 (which of course has only 9 baseball teams), after dropping the finale to WVU.

Now, Kansas isn't very good against other teams (4 wins in conference on the year, dead last), but we all know they put up special effort/incredible things/throw out the record book when they play the sips, especially in Austin.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Kansas lost to TCU last night...30-3.

But funny things happen when the Jayhawks come to the 40 acres. And when I say funny. I mean really funny.
Sapper Redux
Bullpen Chias said:

Kansas lost to TCU last night...30-3.

But funny things happen when the Jayhawks come to the 40 acres. And when I say funny. I mean really funny.

As in flat out Monty Python hilarious.
taylorswift13
AG
Whoops
Rusty GCS
AG
I was wondering if this would get bumped

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.