*** Olympic Track & Field ***

96,007 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
fitzwatema
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congratulations to Annie! Very proud of all of your accomplishments! Gig'em!
taylorswift13
AG
Tonight at 6:50 we watch Aggie Maggie Malone chase a medal in the Women's Javelin
tk for tu juan
Vidts: I'm going to get this medal
Oosterwegal: NOT TODAY
mullokmotx
AG
I was thinking that it was 10 years ago that Annie had her first soccer practice here. Now she is the 6th best female athlete in the world!
mullokmotx
AG
It was good that the heptathlon and decathlon ended at the same time. Amazing camaraderie. And the picture of all the heptathletes together was great.
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

It was good that the heptathlon and decathlon ended at the same time. Amazing camaraderie. And the picture of all the heptathletes together was great.
I imagine that camaraderie will continue back at the Olympic Village
Hand Of God
AG
Finishing 2nd and 4th in the Olympic hurdles final is embarrassing?
wangus12
AG
Yeah Silver isn't embarrassing, but I'd still say it's the biggest upset of the T&F meet
MAROON
AG
taylorswift13 said:

mullokmotx said:

I imagine that camaraderie will continue back at the Olympic Village

I'm thinking the shot put guys get all the hot chicks
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
wangus12
AG
With today's track suits, gals can just go down the line and choose what size they want
KCup17
AG
The 4x100 m relay absolutely was considering what happened in the 2016, 2012 and 2008 Olympics. In the 110 m hurdles being the world no. 1, not having lost a race the entire year to then fold like that over the last 3 hurdles... Embarrassing maybe was a poor choice of words but nonetheless extremely disappointing.
mullokmotx
AG
I think it's 6:50 AM Texas time Friday that Maggie Malone throws. Schedule shows 20:50 Tokyo time August 6.
box65
AG
Do we know for sure that Mu will run in the 4 by 400 finals? And day and time?
StinkyPinky
AG
box65 said:

Most likely. They will run it on Sat (finals), not sure on time yet.
TXAggie2011
AG
box65 said:

7:00am on Saturday
taylorswift13
AG
A little late, but pictured left is current Aggie sprinter Emmanuel Yeboah '22 who led off Ghana's national record relay yesterday in the semis. Yeboah is 1 of 4 sprinters on our All American relay who will all be coming back next season. This will boost Yeboah's confidence and help him have an excellent season! Let's hope he gets to run in the finals as well!!

Sodadude
AG
Just two more track sessions. Both night sessions in Tokyo so Fri/Sat mornings for us. And it's over.
taylorswift13
AG
Sodadude said:

Just two more track sessions. Both night sessions in Tokyo so Fri/Sat mornings for us. And it's over.
awe man how sad, hopefully we get to see a few more amazing performances!! Especially with Maggie Malone and Athing Mu
AG75FYL
I'm as big a fan of the Olympics as anyone but I'm not particularly sad. Maybe I'm just getting too old but for the most part they didn't get me anywhere. Great to witness Athing showing the world who she is and Kerley getting silver quieting the doubters. I must say biggest thrills came from 17 year old swimmer Lydia Jacoby and pole vaulter Katie Nageotte. No hype, no sponsors, no complaining. They worked hard, did their best and brought home the gold. To me that's what the Olympics will always be about.
box65
AG
Hear you. That female U.S. wrestler that won gold also made one proud that she was representing us!
Pahdz
These relay kits are dope... should have been our uniforms across the board
joebobsa
AG
So the names posted online currently for the 4x400 don't include Athing, I guess this is in line with what has been discussed- she could get selected at the last minute? I saw that the race was Saturday morning 730 cst. It would be awesome for her to contribute to GOLD
Hand Of God
AG
Michael Norman was so heartbroken after his race. Couldn't get through his interview.
StinkyPinky
AG
Yea, felt bad for him.
Bondag
AG
They should do a staggered start for the 800 in the hep. Based on points they should start 1st place however many seconds she is points ahead. Then you could know who wins when the race is over.
AG75FYL
Just got to see heptathlon 800. Annie gave it all she had. So proud of her.
taylorswift13
AG
Looks like Lindon Victor competed with a torn oblique, but wasn't going to be stopped from competing at the Olympics. That explains why he wasn't as explosive during the discus or shot put as he usually was! I was already impressed with his effort and 8th place performance but this makes me super proud! Glad he's an Aggie!! Go send him some love if you can!

https://instagr.am/p/CSNqWkaFCJL
taylorswift13
AG
With no Olympic track on right now I guess I'm just gonna rewatch Athing's race and act like it's my first time watching.
Bondag
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Looks like Lindon Victor competed with a torn oblique, but wasn't going to be stopped from competing at the Olympics. That explains why he wasn't as explosive during the discus or shot put as he usually was! I was already impressed with his effort and 8th place performance but this makes me super proud! Glad he's an Aggie!! Go send him some love if you can!

https://instagr.am/p/CSNqWkaFCJL
That 3rd pic is pretty cool.
Out in Left Field
AG
OVER 9000!

94chem
Pahdz said:

These relay kits are dope... should have been our uniforms across the board

My HS daughter has appreciated seeing world class runners not feeling compelled to run in their underwear, despite the insistence of her CC coach to the contrary.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AG75FYL
It's game day! Let's go Maggie!!!
taylorswift13
AG
At around 6:25, Bryce Deadmon is set to run 3rd leg on the men's 4x400 qualifying round for the USA!! Let's hope they keep him on the lineup!
taylorswift13
AG
AG75FYL said:

It's game day! Let's go Maggie!!!
6:50 AM start time for Maggie!! Her main competitors are Maria Andrejczyk of Poland who's a gold medal favorite, Huihuin Liu of China and Christin Hussong of Germany. Maggie is ranked 2nd this season!
taylorswift13
AG
YES BRYCE DEADMON IS 3RD LEG! This is huge, since he was only projected to be on the mixed relay and wasn't even on the final for it, they aren't going to make the mistake of leaving him off again!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.