Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

195,629 Views | 1146 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by taylorswift13_
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/C0zJnm4ON5J

Speechless.
taylorswift13_
He also placed 44th at the national cross country meet! And he's only a sophomore!!! This could be the difference between winning a national title
Look Out Below
AG
In one semester we've signed the best female distance class in school history and a top 2/3 all-time individual men's distance signee in the history of the program (Barrios/Lelei). Plus three Kenyans after only having one ever (Lelei)!

To say our distance program is on the upswing is a massive understatement. Couple that with the fact that most SEC schools do not emphasize distance -- this might be our way back to challenging for SEC/NCAA titles.
taylorswift13_
If Issam Asinga competes we will be national champions
Lewist
Well not sure about that one, maybe can get us 14-16 points..which is great for an individual, we will still need to go finals in the 4x1, 4x4, have others score in the short sprints plus have a strong 400/400 hurdles showing in addition to help on the fields side.. with the team that is returning plus the additions, it is very possible…but there is no grant Holloway…40 point scorer on the team or even close to that..If we are to win it all, it will definitely need to be a team effort… the caveat here is…if he is not able to run, the team can still take it all… we should still have 100,200,4x1, hurdles, 400, and 4x4 possibilities of scoring points plus any points on the fields side…last years group has made some noticeable improvements, especially on the sprints side I think…
monarch
S
Hey
Peace for Ukraine!
taylorswift13_
Hey
DoitBest
S
Howdy...
Lewist
Well just saw this one today….JAnthony is in the portal… transferring to a new football program..I would think??
DoitBest
S
I read on another board that his mom is having some health issues, sounds like he's trying to transfer closer to home.
taylorswift13_
SAN JUANITA LEAL IS AN AGGIE! She is one of the state and nations best and comes from a great great family! I've seen her run many track meets and I'm familiar with her coaches! A&M made a huge run for recruitment late! She will be a force in the maroon and white the second she steps foot on campus! She's the 6A state runner up in cross country and defending state champion in the mile and 2 mile! There's been many runners in her city that run for Ut, glad she's an Aggie! She has PR's of:

800 - 2:13
1500 - 4:28
1600 - 4:47
3000 - 9:53
3200 - 10:16
5k XC - 16:57

https://instagr.am/p/C2nO2oQpaz6
taylorswift13_
I told you, this year starts our cross country team going to nationals every year
taylorswift13_
She will absolutely factor into our 7 next year in cross country, most likely our starting 5!
Look Out Below
AG
I think there may be more newcomers factoring into the starting five than returnees at this rate...
taylorswift13_
I think so too! But Cherono, Livingston, Fontenot as a top 3 then you have Shewaye Johnson, Emma Little, then these 3 superstar recruits! It's going to be a tough competition just to make the squad that competes! Which should be extremely exciting! I cannot wait for next cross country season! I can't even wait to see them run the 1600/3200 at state this year!
taylorswift13_
LOL San Juanita Leal (SJ) opened her season running a 4:58 mile and 10:40 2 mile! 40 seconds faster than second in the mile and a minute and a half faster than 2nd in the 2 mile! A coach told me it was over 50 meters to the race and she was lapping everyone while looking all casual lol
TRM
AG
Boerne Champion's Elizabeth Leachman broke Tuohy's 3200M National HS record.
taylorswift13_
She is insane! She said the race was just a workout for her!!
taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/C3AqB5esB5A
ksmith3764
Is she eligible immediately or for next year
taylorswift13_
I think she will join us next year! She's competed for John's Hopkins already this season!
taylorswift13_
6'8 high jumper recruit!!!

https://instagr.am/p/C3D2Yqkvb2k
SteepleAggie

Milesplit article on Aggie women's distance recruiting...

https://www.milesplit.com/articles/344276/the-tamu-women-have-started-to-pile-up-wins-in-recruiting
taylorswift13_
Gotta pay to read it, but yes we have been loading up! We signed a Kenyan in Debora Cherono who can place top 30 at nationals in cross country asap and win a cross country regional! 3 of the top distance runners in the state of Texas! San Juanita Leal, Madison Peters, and Staucie Lees all qualified for state in track in the mile and 2 mile, with Leal winning both! All three places top 6 in the 6A State Xc Meet and they all placed top 5 in the Nike South Regional Xc meet! All 3 will most likely be in our top 7! Having Cherono, these 3 studs, and bringing back Maddie Livingston, Kennady Fontenot, Shewaye Johnson, and Emma Little, along with the depth we have, we will be loaded and near locks to get back to nationals and undoubtedly place higher!
taylorswift13_
Could go on and on about the seasons our distance signees are having, but Staucie Lees just broke the Texas high school 2k steeplechase record with a 6:43! An event that's hardly ran in Texas high schools, but an impressive time nonetheless, I'm sure she'll run it and break it again at the Texas Relays!
taylorswift13_
Posted this in the wrong forum

Madison Peters went 2:14 and 4:58 yesterday! A couple weeks ago San Juanita Leal went 2:14, 4:58, and 10:40 in races where she ran all alone
taylorswift13_
And Sj Leal went 4:51 in a mile in a race she nearly won by 40 seconds, it was over 100 meters in! It's known in the valley that you don't dare go out at the same pace as Leal or you will not finish the race
taylorswift13_
I hate Texas Relays but will have athletes throwing there, can't wait to watch these girls run!
ryan2003
Friend of mine has a daughter up for track athlete of the week. She's committed to A&M next year. She just broke the Texas state record in the 2k steeple chase, has the number 1 time this year nationwide and the number 25 time all-time nationwide. She is in heated race with a girl going to Harvard out of NYC. COME ON AGS, let's show them what our network can do!

Vote for Staucie Lees

https://www.milesplit.com/articles/345017/national-girls-performer-of-the-week-presented-by-firefly
ryan2003
taylorswift13_
10:33 3200 and 2:12 800 for Sj Leal at the Border Olympics in Laredo! Mile coming up soon
taylorswift13_
40.74 300 HURDLE TIME FOR SIGNEE YIERRA FLEMINGS OH MY GOODNESS
taylorswift13_
4:55 and 4:56 for Staucie Lees and Madison Peters at the A&M High School Meet to place 2nd and 3rd to Emma Wade of Cedar Park Vista Ridge
TRM
AG
Anyone interestinf compete at the Bluebonnet Invitational?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.