Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

174,859 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by taylorswift13_
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I am starting a new Recruiting Thread so we can update on all recruiting news

Please see the first video on Heather Abadie interview after vaulting a PR at a Pole Vault meet in College Station. Seems like she enjoyed Pole vaulting in Aggieland. It also great to have some specific meets in College Station that could help with recruiting

Heather Abadie - Stats (milesplit.com)
taylorswift13
AG
Great thread! And I'm happy we have an indoor pole vault facility in Aggieland! Going to be fun to have top pole vaulters in town vaulting! I really think Abadie has 14+ potential next season! Seeing her do like 4 other events makes me even more excited for her potential! Just focusing on Pole Vault will be huge for her! Only 7 girls cleared 14 at nationals!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
triniaggie
AG

Our 2021 women's recruits and their PBs

Katelyn Fairchild
Javelin 175-4
Discuss 150-0
Shot Putt 45-0
Hammer Throw 137-7

Heather Abadie
PV 13-11.50

Bailey Goggans
Outdoor
400 Meter Dash 54.71
800 Meter Run 2:04.70
1600 Meter Run 4:53.63
Indoor
400 Meter Dash 55.51
800 Meter Run 2:06.10
One Mile Run 4:53.73

Emma Ellis
Outdoor
800 Meter Run 2:23.12
1600 Meter Run 5:09.60
One Mile Run 5:19.02
3200 Meter Run 10:58.20
Indoor
One Mile Run 5:24.26
3000 Meter Run 10:54.19

Regan Ruffner
PV 12-6

Kennedy Wade
Outdoor
100 Meter Dash 12.20
200 Meter Dash 23.92
400 Meter Dash 52.72
800 Meter Run 2:10.27
Indoor
400 Meter Dash 55.66
800 Meter Run 2:16.18

Viktorine Ngwube
Long Jump 17-8.25
Triple Jump 39-3
100 Meter Dash 12.59
200 Meter Dash 25.18
400 Meter Dash 55.71
800 Meter Run 2:24.03

Alyssa Thomas
Discus 151-8
Shot Put 42-9

Maci Irons
Discus 137-10
Shot Put 43-9.5

Taejha Badal
Indoor
55 Meter Dash 7.08
60 Meter Dash 7.52
200 Meter Dash 23.91
400 Meter Dash 55.68
Outdoor
100 Meter Dash 11.35
200 Meter Dash 23.69
400 Meter Dash 55.02

taylorswift13
AG
Also on the women's side are distance runners Maddie Livingston of Dripping Springs and Gemma Goddard of Austin Vandegrift!!! I knew of Livingston from a poster here and found out about Goddard because Livingston tagged her in a social media post haha! Goddard looks to be a strong 1500/800 runner and Livingston looks to be a strong 5000 runner!!

Gemma Goddard
800 - 2:14.65
1600 - 4:56.69
3200: 10:48.85

Maddie Livingston
1600 - 5:09.2
3200 - 10:45.13
5000 - 17:28.28
taylorswift13
AG
This might be one of Pat Henry's strongest recruiting classes, there's just so much depth in a variety of events, we got a top girl in the sprints, long sprints, mid distance, pole vault, javelin! This class will help us tremendously next year... throw in a transfer which I could assume could happen with how crazy the transfer portal is getting nowadays and this class could really be special, championship special!
taylorswift13
AG
Also Andre Turay after entering the transfer portal during the middle of the season has transferred to Miami...
triniaggie
AG

Aggie Men' 2021 Recruits

Bryce Foster
Discus 210-10
Shot Put 71-1

Hunter Harrison
Discus 174-10
Javelin 98-2
Shot Put 49-0

Caleb Murdock
Pole Vault 16-7

Montana Welch
Pole Vault 15-9

Sam Whitmarsh
400 Meter Dash 47.64
800 Meter Run 1:50.48

Keanu Jones
100 Meter Dash 10.23
200 Meter Dash 21.52

Cutler Zamzow
200 Meter Dash 21.65
400 Meter Dash 47.73

DJ Rountree
Long Jump 24-2
Triple Jump 44-7.75

coloradoag69
AG
Thanks for the round-up. With the current track and field interest and Olympic qualifying and the Olympics, this thread is very pertinent.

For all the throwers, please remember that the high school shot, discus, and I believe the hammer are all smaller and lighter than the ones used in college. So don't expect these weight people to come out next year and duplicate their high school distances.

I don't know about the javelin.
Look Out Below
AG
Looking forward to hearing about more new additions. No doubt there are some surprises yet to be unearthed.
taylorswift13
AG
Look Out Below said:

Looking forward to hearing about more new additions. No doubt there are some surprises yet to be unearthed.
this! Our staff having not reporting anything about new signees makes me curious that we have some All Americans or International Stars just waiting to be announced by the team! We have almost 10 signees they haven't acknowledged... I'm excited!
taylorswift13
AG
Here's Heather Abadie's 13'11.5 vault! Our school records are 14'2.5 indoors by Emily Gunderson and 13'10.5 outdoors by Laura Asimakis... both are in jeopardy next year!

https://instagr.am/p/CPN_P2xBb6x
AGDAD14
I know this is not on topic... and I don't profess to be a Texags expert (and maybe I'm missing something), but why in the hell does Texags not have a Track & Field forum. With all the success of the Fightin' Texas Aggies through the years, and indoor, outdoor, and cross country... great Texas high school programs... there should be more than enough interest and SUPPORT for a stand alone Forum.

For cryin' out loud Texags... have you not listen to those interviews from the Texas Lady Aggies who just set collegiate records. If that ain't the Aggie Spirit shining through, then I don't know what is!! That should have been the headline/highlight of the day, not some recruit visit that can wait another day or two. Wake up Texags, you are asleep at the wheel.

BTHO tu forever!!!
taylorswift13
AG
I whole heartedly agree! Our athletes are world class, the best collection of athletes on this campus and they deserve more love and respect from the Aggie community. I am happy the sport is growing, but it still so under appreciated! A track forum should definitely help!
ksmith3764
The probable reason for not having a track forum is the lack of popularity and knowledgeable people. I'm a retired football and track coach/teacher so I have always been a track fanatic. Shot and discus. Four state qualifiers including my daughter. Very hard to get track info except for tswift and triniag track recruiting not as big as football
taylorswift13
AG
Wow congrats to you, your daughter, and your athletes! I agree! Sadly there's just not enough news coming out from track and field, although I wish there was! At least we have each other lol
Ed Marcinkiewicz
On the implements size question, for men the shot is 4lbs. lighter, the discus .39kg lighter, and the hammer 4lbs. lighter. The javelin is the same implement. On the women's side the implements are the same.
AGDAD14
You make the point perfectly. How can Texags be doing the best job possible if they are not show casing our world class athletes.

One is left with assuming that it is a lack of desire (laziness). I'm just challenging them to do better and raise the bar.
AGDAD14
I don't disagree as I come from a little football - track town called Refugio many years ago; however, Texags has the opportunity to grow that interest among its base by show casing the collegiate superstars in Aggieland!!

Sports fans generally have a strong interest when you can show case the best in college and the world.

If Texags is about promoting the "A&M brand", they are missing a huge opportunity.
taylorswift13
AG
Not official but I believe we landed a female grad transfer hurdler Deshae Wise from Cal. She has wind legal bests of 13.15 in the 100 hurdles, a slight wind aided 23.33 in the 200, and she was anchor on Cal's 4x100 who just missed out on qualifying behind us! She also has an indoor best in the 60 hurdles of 8.28 with only 3 indoor meets. Her bests the season before was 13.56 in the 100 hurdles, and 8.40, so her progress is promising and shows a strong work ethic, if she keeps progressing maybe she can get below 13 and 7.15! Her social media now has Aggie Track on it! A solid pickup with huge potential!
RED AG 98
AG
AGDAD14 said:

I don't disagree as I come from a little football - track town called Refugio many years ago; however, Texags has the opportunity to grow that interest among its base by show casing the collegiate superstars in Aggieland!!

Sports fans generally have a strong interest when you can show case the best in college and the world.

If Texags is about promoting the "A&M brand", they are missing a huge opportunity.
Neat deal! Graduated from there in '94 and ran for Coach Harris! This is a bit difficult to read but this was a booster club mug we sold sometime in the 90s. The bottom two rows are track championships:

Boys champions: 81, 82, 83, 87, 90, 93, 94, 95, 00, 01
Girls champs: 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 92

The program has really suffered after Coach Harris went to GP (and we started playing baseball again). This year was our first boys gold medalist in 20 years (son of girl that won a few herself in the 90s one year ahead of me).

Aggie related because Toya was on those teams in 92, 93, 94, and 95 and I believe still holds the Texas schoolboy record for most UIL state medals (5 as a Sophomore and at least 2 every other year). And he of course ultimately went on to play FS on the Wrecking Crew and win a natty in the 4x100, going undefeated on the year. He was recently inducted into the Texas T&F Hall of Fame (link).
triniaggie
AG
Not sure if this was included in the other thread but add another commitment in Lucas Tauch

Outdoor
800 Meter Run 2:03.74
1600 Meter Run 4:20.61
3200 Meter Run 9:29.22
5000 Meter Run 15:52.00

Indoor
One Mile Run 4:32.13
Two Mile Run 9:51.15

CC
Three Mile Run 16:17.96
5000 Meter Run 15:37.07

triniaggie
AG
We were actively recruiting a top sprinter and a top hurdler from the state of Texas for 2021. Both eventually signed with USC.
Imagine now they don't know who their coach will be especially as they are preparing to head to USC
Just wonder if they going to switch to Georgia

Kenondra Davis
100 Meter Dash 11.27
200 Meter Dash 23.11
400 Meter Dash 56.32

Jalaysi'ya Smith
Outdoor
100 Meter Dash 11.77
100 Meter Hurdles 12.93
300 Meter Hurdles 42.14
400 Meter Hurdles 1:02.62
triniaggie
AG

I expect the coaches to recruit another triple jumper/long jumper to replace Stevenson and Brown.

It would be nice to get someone like Grace Chinonyelum Anigbata from Nigeria, Cloud County CC.

HJ 1.76m/5' 9.25"
TJ 13.96m (0.7)/45' 9.75"
LJ 6.01mw (2.8)/19' 8.75
taylorswift13
AG
I saw that our track social media is following Grace and alsooooooooo she may be on an official visit here cause Lamara Distin posted on Instagram her bowling with Deborah Acquah and another girl named Grace (wink wink)

And also I've seen Jalaysia Smith run and she is going to dominate at the next level! She can probably match what Ackera Nugent did maybe even better!
taylorswift13
AG
5 star football recruit and a 24'6 long jumper/48'9 triple jumper Evan Stewart visited our track facilities yesterday! Obviously football will play a huge role, LSU and Bama will be who we are competing against here!
Look Out Below
AG

TRM
AG
Sategna decommits.
taylorswift13
AG
After he visited Oregon... oh well! I hope we opened Evan Stewart's eyes, he's probably a better receiver and better jumper
taylorswift13
AG
On TexAgs radio Pat Henry emphasized how he needed more women sprinters and how he was happy on the men's side but needed one more and a 400 guy! No words on distance runners
taylorswift13
AG
Also around the 20 minute mark on the Texags interview... Pat Henry is discussing Tyra Gittens and says she'll be back with us too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he slipped and said something, BUT bringing back Tyra would be our best recruiting effort! She will easily be the long jump favorite if Davis goes pro, the heptathlon favorite, and a high jump favorite! Maybe she'll want the 30 points next year!
TRM
AG
Has Stewart even said he wants to do T&F? Demas was a 24' jumper as a soph, but isn't doing it now. Anyway, it's hard for me to say Stewart is a better jumper. Sategna jumped 24' as a freshman, covid robbed him of his soph season, and was injured this year, but he had impressive freshman marks.
Look Out Below
AG
Stewart toured the track facility and Demas didn't so that should tell you something
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie Signee Teajha Badal ran a 23.47 200 into a 1.1 headwind! Which would be a 23.0 or 23.1 with no wind! Running that this early in the summer, she should easily be able to be under 23 during the season and she can possibly be under 11.25 in the 100 as well!
taylorswift13
AG
As Charokee Young is competing in Jamaica it seems like sprints and hurdle coach Brandon Hon is in Jamaica coaching Young there... POSSIBLY EVEN RECRUITING

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.