***** NCAA TRACK & FIELD OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS *****

75,180 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bebhillah
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In her TV interview Tyra smilingly told of an incident some days ago while walking -----

involving her leg ! Couldn't figure out what she was saying - anybody know? Apparently,

it didn't affect her races but could have .
taylorswift13
AG
She sprained her ankle walking back home after practice lol! It wasn't a big deal but it was affecting as the weekend went on!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks, Taylor, Did she fall ?
taylorswift13
AG
I'm not too sure, she made it seem like it was a little accident and she just rolled on her ankle and it swelled up a bit! It took her off her game a little, but her B effort was still enough to easily win the heptathlon lol
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks , again. That's what I thought.
Look Out Below
AG
Quote:

I thought this post was a joke but Georgia splash page has it up and its a verified truth. OMG!
Shame on USC for not taking care of the best thing they ever had. What a pheonomenal comeback to Petros!
They were like, we can outdo you and don't need you. This is a homerun. The SEC just got tougher.
For USC to let this happen they obviously did not value her worth. Congrats to Georgia. Now is it true what some poster said about Petros coming to A&M possibly; oh my what a set of events this would be for him to head up jumps until Pat retired. Would he be able to continue the long sprint legacy at A&M or would he move out Mallard & Hon and go a new direction. A&M will be better with him in jumps as an assistant and would contend for awhile but what about once Pat leaves? Either way - these will be excting times in the SEC
Re: Petros...no way...we have the national assistant coach of the year as our jumps coach...Petros is also a lead dog type of personality and we all know who the lead dog is here. If you want evidence of this, Petros left and, at this point in time, doesn't appear to have a landing place. That should speak volumes.

triniaggie
AG

This is a quote on Letsrun forum on Petros

Quote:

He's starting his own pro group, he's been asking the school for better faculties to compete with the other schools they said no. So he left.
mullokmotx
AG
7 schools finished in the top 8 in both the women's and men's championships: Southern Cal, NCA&T, A&M, LSU, Georgia, Florida and tu.
2 years ago on the final day Gittens was 16th in the high jump at 5-8 3/4. Have to be really impressed with how she has improved.
Z3phyr
I might have missed this on the broadcast but to make Norris (Steeple winner from Air Force) even cooler. She's going to be a Space Force Guardian after the trials!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/06/13/ncaa-steeplechase-champion-space-force/
bebhillah
Guest Commenter said:

Kudos to Taylorswift13. Excellent job this year and very hard work. You are more passionate than me so I appreciate what you've done this year. Truthfully, with that kind of drive, pssion, and committment the market is wide open because A&M needs coverage and Flotrack is ridiculous on their prices. We need a recruiting service with the ins and out of recruiting. FERPA prevents alot of knowledge gap we seek but the need to fill in what is legal is here and someone like you could kill it.

Anyway - not to seem ungrateful less than 24 hours removed from the greatest relay in history of women's NCAA but I couldnt wait peruse over the possibilities of next year. Many will say our relay was because of Mu and that is true but not true also. Obviously we don't run a CR without her 48.85 leg. With a normal 51.0 leg instead we would have probably fought for a top 4 all time mark and fought for the win. Here, however, are my post Mu-Go-Pro projections for next year assuming these girls do return.
athlete; PB; 2022 project PB; '22 NCAA split
Tierra 51.5 51.2 51.2
Charookee 50.85 50.5 49.9
Jania 52.5i 51.8 51.3
Sierra 51.17 50.7 50.0
3:22.4 on paper(if everyone is at their best)
Relistically though 3:23 low, mid, or high without Mu is a great time and would make us contenders again
for another Gold. This is the "way too early 2022 tankings" but until next year.
Sorry if I missed it but have we seen the individual splits for the first two runners on both the men's and women's 4x400? Curious to know if Charokee Young broke 50.
taylorswift13
AG
I saw one site that said she went 49.7! I'm not sure if it was confirmed, I'm very surprised the team never posted anything about the splits
TRM
AG
They combine the 1st 2 laps together because of the stagger makes splits difficult to calculate. You'd have to watch it and time it yourself.
AG75FYL
I tried to clock splits off the video but the camera wasn't on Charokee when she crossed the line. My best guess was about 50 flat, plus or minus. I clocked Tierra in 51.7 which fits with the official 800 split of 1.41.64.
AG75FYL
Regardless the split Charokee ran a great leg.
aggierun
The July issue of Track and Field News (just out) lists the A&M splits as:
Robinson-Jones 51.9
Young 49.7
Reed 51.86
Mu 48.84
AG75FYL
Excellent!
bebhillah
very impressive

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.