Womens Tennis

41,405 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I actually had a fellow Hs coach I'd never met know my handle on here as soon as we met last week
Signem
Bigfoot my apologies. I didn't see the reply notification and engaged fingers before activating brain, my bad. Gianna certainly appears to already have the mindset and ability to go pro; she has all the shots, great placement ability, excellent command of her serve, and speed and quickness is unmatched by all I've seen except Tatiana. But cbmik is exactly right, turning pro is a nightmare for these kids. The ones I've helped have certainly learned the value of the dollar. After being around these ladies this weekend I get the distinct impression that the fans are going to have a blast getting to know these fine Aggies. They are all business on the court, but delightfully engaging and fun to watch in the stands giving support to the team.
bigfoot10s
AG
No worries

I've heard great things from Mark and Jordan about the girls we got in. Mark has high hopes for this year, let's hope it all pans out!
bigfoot10s
AG
Tatiana and Jayci lost in the semis of the ITA Fall Nationals in San Diego this past weekend. Great showing for them, they were the 2 seed. Had chances to win the semis but couldn't pull it out.

Not bad for a team that could be playing 2 this spring for us
Aceswimmer09
The talent is out of control. Should legit be contending for NCs for foreseeable future. I am unsure Katya makes top 6 and unsure Jaci plays above 5…that's how loaded we are.
bigfoot10s
AG
Crazy, right???
aggiesherpa
AG
That is really hard to comprehend, your 2 and 3 line players from a solid team being pushed to the bottom of the lineup. A good problem to have for Mark and Co.
bigfoot10s
AG
Carson and Mary will compete for line 1
Aceswimmer09
Carson, Mary, Tatiana, Gianna, Jaci, Jeanette.

That's insane. Although you could flip Mary and Gianna potentially, or keep Tatiana at 1…idk so many options I don't know how they will figure it out. Lol.
aggiesherpa
AG
Ranked win for Mary

Chapa96
AG
aggiesherpa said:

Ranked win for Mary

Nice!!
B$Weigem
AG
The freshmen are really good. The returning players will be pushed to break into the lineup. Mary is special.
bigfoot10s
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CWTWLapJ0kB
B$Weigem
AG
From the release on the 12th Man Mobile site, it sounds like we got 2 really good commits for next season. Holy cow we are in for some fun times at the Mitchell Tennis Center.
bigfoot10s
AG
Edit: we had 2 spots total for next year. Carry on

Great recruiting again by Mark and Jordan! Good years to come for sure!
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

I believe we have two more spots to fill also.
I was wandering about that if we were full to the max or not. Bring em on!!! A lineup with nothing but Blue Chippers and a top Junior Canadian will be unstoppable. Has any tennis team ever went undefeated in a season? Just asking for a friend.
aggietennisfan
Great podcast on all the things Aggie women's tennis on Cracked Racquets.
taylorswift13
AG
bigtimeag1977
Carson Branstine won a pro tournament in Egypt. Hope she is still joining the team in January and doesn't turn pro. Still no press release.
Ag4eva95
In her latest post on insta, she had #gigem. So I'm assuming that is still the game plan. We need her
bigfoot10s
AG
cbmik95 said:

In her latest post on insta, she had #gigem. So I'm assuming that is still the game plan. We need her

She's coming, don't worry
Gap
AG
cbmik95 said:

Quote:

carsonbranstine - Three surgeries, out for 2+ years, and a thousand more bumps in the road… Finally captured my first pro singles title #gigem #babysteps #yala
https://instagr.am/p/CW07w9lgjD5
Gap
AG
And from back in August

https://instagr.am/p/CSLG5LXAFrJ
Ag4eva95
Did anyone see the latest ITA rankings? Mary did not get mentioned and Tatiana dropped to #122. Total BS. Jeanette did not even get mentioned with her 2 ranked wins. A little upsetting considering who all entered the rankings.

Wondering what formula they used to get those numbers
Signem
I would never presume to speak for any of the ladies or coaches, but my thoughts and feelings have always been to speak softly (be lower in the rankings) and carry a BIG stick (BTHO everybody). In my experience the ladies, Tatiana especially, prefer the shade over the spotlight of having a target on her/their back. The ladies are more than capable of making their names known once the season starts. It's not where you start the race it's where you end up. This year, barring any serious injuries it is completely plausible that A&M will have several ladies hanging around at the NCAA championships for individual and double play.
Chapa96
AG
Signem said:

I would never presume to speak for any of the ladies or coaches, but my thoughts and feelings have always been to speak softly (be lower in the rankings) and carry a BIG stick (BTHO everybody). In my experience the ladies, Tatiana especially, prefer the shade over the spotlight of having a target on her/their back. The ladies are more than capable of making their names known once the season starts. It's not where you start the race it's where you end up. This year, barring any serious injuries it is completely plausible that A&M will have several ladies hanging around at the NCAA championships for individual and double play.
I plan on going back to the NCAA's to watch these ladies compete for the title. Should be an exciting year!!

aggiesherpa
AG
As some of you may have already seen, the great Coach Randy Stewart, long-time Bryan High Tennis coach was inducted into Texas Tennis Coaches Hall of Fame. For those that didn't know, Coach Stewart was (still is?) the racquet stringer for the Women's team, and was extremely involved with the Summer Camps and various tournaments. I had the privilege of getting to know him and his family when I worked for the team, he is a great person and this is a well deserved honor. Congrats coach!

Link
Ag4eva95
Mia Kupres, incoming freshmen, had a great tournament. Beat the #4 junior in the world as well as 2 other top 50 juniors. Her ITF ranking skyrocketed to #62. Looks like she may be the best of the bunch after the most recent showing. Exciting stuff coming to Cstat!
taylorswift13
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CXwOk5Tr5nb

Carson Branstine will officially enroll for the spring season!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.