Womens Tennis

41,546 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
Chef Demas 2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The matches today weren't close. Baylor dominated. Other than Dorothy I'm not sure any player on the team has improved from two seasons ago.
aggietennisfan
I was at the match and was impressed by Baylor, however the Aggies didn't look like they were playing at a very high level. Tatiana has improved every year. Jayci has always been an up and down player. Katya had a great freshman year and a poor sophomore year, but seems to be getting her game back somewhat. Renee has always been an up and down player. Dorthea was playing as well as anyone on the team last year after having two mediocre years. Riley is having a good year. Not sure why Jessica is not in. Lucia's departure hurts in both singles and doubles. Tatiana and Jayci have always been up and down at #1 doubles. I'm not giving up on the team just yet. Let's not take one match and start trashing the team. Don't need more slickricks
mullokmotx
AG
How was the 3rd set at #1 singles scored yesterday? Makarova and the Baylor player split the first 2 sets. Did they then play a tie-breaker in place of a 3rd set since it was the last match?
aggietennisfan
The team match was already decided so a 10 point tiebreaker was played
bigfoot10s
AG
Women take out Utah 7-0...outside! Maybe one of the coldest matches we've ever played in. Heard that Utah hit at the "indoors" in Bryan and decided they'd rather play outdoors.
aggiesherpa
AG
That's hilarious. Oh the indoor courts in Bryan.
Chapa96
AG
Ags take down USCarolina 4-2. Lose the doubles point but then win 4 singles.

Excellent win at USC!!
Raven
S
Excellent!
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggies fall to Florida on the road 4-2
Onceaggie2.0
Bobby Klienecke gotta go.
aggietennisfan
Not sure what planet you have been living on, but Kleinecke has been gone for quite some time. Was looking up the women's tennis results over the last few years and is a lot to be excited about if you are looking for being positive. Currently 9-3. Last year was 13-4 before the season got cancelled. 24-8 the year before all the while making the sweet 16 with all freshman and sophomores. I think most colleges or teams on the A&M campus for that matter would take those results any day of the week. Next year's team will be even better. A lot to be excited about.
Onceaggie2.0
aggietennisfan said:

Not sure what planet you have been living on, but Kleinecke has been gone for quite some time. Was looking up the women's tennis results over the last few years and is a lot to be excited about if you are looking for being positive. Currently 9-3. Last year was 13-4 before the season got cancelled. 24-8 the year before all the while making the sweet 16 with all freshman and sophomores. I think most colleges or teams on the A&M campus for that matter would take those results any day of the week. Next year's team will be even better. A lot to be excited about.

Good klienecke was a terrible coach ..like a PE coach became a head coach of a division 1 program
bigfoot10s
AG
Lol okay
Onceaggie2.0
bigfoot10s said:

Lol okay
You can't be partial can you?
bigfoot10s
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Lol okay
You can't be partial can you?

To say he's a terrible coach is a mistake. If you look at results over 20+ years you see that he had success. Would he have had that success now? Probably not. But you cannot ignore that college sports have changed drastically since he was hired.

Also, it was a different time in the 1980s when they hired him. A coach going from HS to college wasn't obviously as rare as it is now. It was a different time in hiring.
bigfoot10s
AG
Women blank Miss St 4-0
Harry Dunne
Good post. Agree 100%

He had his strengths and limitations just like any other coach, but he ran a clean and competitive program and is a good man. Deserves better than to be trashed on here after spending 25 years of his career serving the University.
bigfoot10s
AG
It's no secret here that I am close with BK. We talk almost daily for our coaches association business.

I don't know many that care about tennis on all levels or work as hard to improve the game as he does.

Also, women's match today has been canceled due to positive in our program and contact tracing. Boo to that.
Gap
AG
Women's tennis cancels today's home match against Ole Miss just an hour before first serve due to the now traditional wording of covid, contract tracing, etc.

Sucks for Ole Miss that they traveled here, spent the night here, and were already at our facility getting ready to play.
Onceaggie2.0
Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

He had his strengths and limitations just like any other coach, but he ran a clean and competitive program and is a good man. Deserves better than to be trashed on here after spending 25 years of his career serving the University.

Yes poor guy he had a cush job for 25 years he wasn't a very good coach who cares if he was nice .
bigfoot10s
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

Yes poor guy he had a cush job for 25 years he wasn't a very good coach who cares if he was nice .

What's your basis of he wasn't a very good coach? Just curious what your criteria is.
SA68AG
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

What's your basis of he wasn't a very good coach? Just curious what your criteria is.
Not the person you're questioning but my criterion is simply his record. Everything else is subjective bull *****

How many top 15 finishes did he have ? top 10 ?

How many times did he make it to the NCAA Q-finals ? Sweet 16 ?

My guess is not many if at all which doesn't = a very good coach in my book.

Onceaggie2.0
SA68AG said:

bigfoot10s said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

Not the person you're questioning but my criterion is simply his record. Everything else is subjective bull *****

he wasn't a good coach no matter what the texags sycophants think.
bigfoot10s
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

SA68AG said:

bigfoot10s said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

So you have no criteria for your opinion?
Onceaggie2.0
bigfoot10s said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

SA68AG said:

bigfoot10s said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

So you have no criteria for your opinion?
I quoted the above criteria. Let me ask you think would someone of Bobby K stature get a job at a major div 1 school now?
bigfoot10s
AG
Did you read what I said? That should give you your answer.
Onceaggie2.0
bigfoot10s said:

Did you read what I said? That should give you your answer.
I did was a bad hire back then as well. HTH
Harry Dunne
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Good post. Agree 100%

I care. He's a good man, and that means something to me.

For the record I don't think he was a good college coach. His record was respectable and consistent, but not great. He was followed by a couple of great coaches that give us some perspective of what the program is capable of. He also coached at at time when the facility was still a big advantage and there weren't as many schools trying hard and IMO he should have accomplished more.

But this is a thread for the 10 people that give a isht about Aggie Women's Tennis and we all know this...other than Bigfoot who is sticking up for his buddy, and that's fine. The rest of us know they aren't going to be building any statues of the Bobby K outside the stadium anytime soon, but that's not the point.

The point is, again, that (great results or not) the guy spent 25 years as the steward of the program, was a father figure to a bunch of great young women and was and still is a man who contributed a lot to the B/CS and tennis communities. For that alone, he doesn't deserve to be crapped on in a public forum 10 years after the fact by some ignorant dickturd that doesn't even know he's retired.
aggietennisfan
Bobby Kleinecke had very average results, but is a great man. I know that he treated his players very well and I'm sure he was a great influence in their lives. He hasn't been coaching at A&M for over 10 years now so why in the world is anyone still bashing on him? Even if he had better results back then would anyone really care at this point? Time to move on and leave the guy alone. And to the point of he did have a big advantage when Mitchell was first built, our athletic directors need to step their game up and give our current coaches an advantage over our competition rather than having to make up for the lack thereof. Wonder how long Denton and Weaver are planning on sticking around if they don't get the support they need and deserve? Cant expect them to keep bringing in these top recruiting classes without the resources that so many other places have.
Chapa96
AG
Ags defeat #14 Vandy 4-1! Hopefully this is the start of a good run.

Gap
AG
Chapa96 said:

Ags defeat #14 Vandy 4-1! Hopefully this is the start of a good run.
Nice and on the road too!
bigfoot10s
AG
aggietennisfan said:

Bobby Kleinecke had very average results, but is a great man. I know that he treated his players very well and I'm sure he was a great influence in their lives. He hasn't been coaching at A&M for over 10 years now so why in the world is anyone still bashing on him? Even if he had better results back then would anyone really care at this point? Time to move on and leave the guy alone. And to the point of he did have a big advantage when Mitchell was first built, our athletic directors need to step their game up and give our current coaches an advantage over our competition rather than having to make up for the lack thereof. Wonder how long Denton and Weaver are planning on sticking around if they don't get the support they need and deserve? Cant expect them to keep bringing in these top recruiting classes without the resources that so many other places have.

I'm honestly surprised Denton is still here. I know he was mentioned for the tu job when Center went to prison, but the national title got Bruce the job, and rightfully so. I think he is comfortable here and can use the facilities as somewhat of an excuse for not having a top program even though recruiting is going quite well.

We need an overhaul of the entire facility and indoors on top of that. Unfortunately, it's not on the AD's radar right now, which is sad.
Onceaggie2.0
bigfoot10s said:

aggietennisfan said:

I'm honestly surprised Denton is still here. I know he was mentioned for the tu job when Center went to prison, but the national title got Bruce the job, and rightfully so. I think he is comfortable here and can use the facilities as somewhat of an excuse for not having a top program even though recruiting is going quite well.

We need an overhaul of the entire facility and indoors on top of that. Unfortunately, it's not on the AD's radar right now, which is sad.
Denton is a sip errr Islander.
bigfoot10s
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

bigfoot10s said:

aggietennisfan said:

Denton is a sip errr Islander.
He played for tu and is in their hall of fame, I think that makes him a sip
SA68AG
AG
Does Slick Rick have a clone ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.