**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

29,020 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really going out on a limb there
TRM
AG
Boring race.
Hershey97
Hershey97 said:

Give me Kevin Harvick today

I got one
Pahdz
That new car can't get here soon enough
TRM
AG
Didn't it get delayed until 2022 because of CoVID?
Pahdz
yup
Gap
AG
We get 2 NASCAR Cup races this week:

• Wednesday night at Martinsville Speedway at 6 pm CT
  • Sunday afternoon at Homestead-Miami Speedway at 2:30 pm CT

TRM
AG
Almost forgot about this.
falcon09
AG
As a Gordon/Hendrick fan I've always enjoyed Martinsville. I'm excited to see it under the lights.

Maybe JJ can get his 10th win there and end his multi-year drought.
Hershey97
Pahdz
Boy this first run is interesting. New tire really screwing up some dudes but the 22 is on rails
Pahdz
Great race tonight, a lot of good battles throughout the field
Hershey97

Dale Jr in Saturday Xfinity race
TRM
AG
Quote:

• [url=http://facebook.com/dialog/send?link=https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29319851&next=https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29319851&app_id=116656161708917][/url]
Dale Earnhardt Jr. spent his whole life chasing meaningful rewards.

He waited for a pat on the back from his famous father, worked diligently to generate compliments from crew members and other drivers, and reveled in the roar of his fans -- those he inherited from his father and the new ones he brought along for the ride.

NASCAR's longtime fan favorite received the sport's biggest honor Tuesday, when he was selected to join his father in the series' Hall of Fame. Earnhardt will be inducted in Charlotte, North Carolina, along with the late Mike Stefanik and 87-year-old Red Farmer, who is planning to race on Talladega's dirt track this weekend. Ralph Seagraves was named the Landmark Award winner for his contributions to the sport..
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29319851/dale-earnhardt-jr-headlines-nascar-hall-fame-class-2021
Hershey97
All Star Race moved to Bristol. Format TBA. 30k fans allowed.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/06/15/annual-all-star-race-moved-to-bristol-motor-speedway/
Pahdz
And new number placements that has people losing their collective ****
falcon09
AG
An all-star race at Bristol should be really fun. The Bristol night race is always one of my favorites.

I'm interested to see what teams come up with design wise with a different number placement. Just as long as Kevin Harvick doesn't run that weird, light pink, "millennial" scheme again.
Hershey97
Talladega this weekend

Hershey97
New superspeedway package will debut post Ryan Newman crash. Talks that the cars won't be able to go above 200 mph with the decreased horsepower.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/06/18/talladega-superspeedway-101-tv-times-key-statistics-revised-procedures-geico-500/

"The 2020 NASCAR rules package for superspeedways will be in effect, with additional engine restrictions intended to drop the target horsepower to around 510 horsepower. The cars will use the superspeedway package, but aero ducts will be eliminated and a smaller throttle body will be used. Competition officials introduced the changes May 1 after Ryan Newman's severe wreck in the season-opening Daytona 500. Learn more about the crash findings and the intent of the safety and competition changes here."
permabull
AG
falcon09
AG
Just announced postponed until 2PM CT, tomorrow.
Pahdz
just when I think our sport turned an impressive corner some brokedick hillbilly has to go to something so dispicable like leave a freaking noose in Wallace's garage.

Long way to go gang
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Pahdz said:

just when I think our sport turned an impressive corner some brokedick hillbilly has to go to something so dispicable like leave a freaking noose in Wallace's garage.

Long way to go gang

With limited people there, would think this should be fairly easy to narrow down but could be wrong.

I like Bubba Wallace, but the one thing I hope that this isn't, is another Jussie Smollet type situation. Hopefully, it's a just some mouth breathing redneck like you said.
Pahdz
Oh I'm sure (not saying it's you, but the fact you stated it means that the thought is already being pushed) there are some mouth breathing dolts that immediately went there. Like you I hope that's not what took place here. What does Bubba have to gain from setting that up?

Things are going to get massively worse short term before they get better with fan relations. First thing that happens when you place boundaries on people that know they're in the the wrong is they act out like children. I hope and want NASCAR to end up better for these tough choices they've made.
Gap
AG
Great race today at Talladega.

Results:
1. Blaney (wins by 7 one thousands of a second)
2. Stenhouse
3. Almirola (going backwards)

permabull
AG
TRM
AG
Blaney was like a pinball out there
Pahdz
Probably Billy Bob with track security.

People are mad because they finally are realizing they're on the wrong side of history and probably even more so shell shocked what they felt was one of their last "safe spaces" has taken such a hard (and correct) stance only solidified by the drivers who aren't who they thought they were (ignorant 'Murica mouth breathers like themselves).

Maybe on that last note, some people might think twice about who they are. Hell the most popular driver ever wrote about it in his book. Problem is, most of those who cling to that flag probably wouldn't know a book if it hit them in the face.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Pahdz said:

Oh I'm sure (not saying it's you, but the fact you stated it means that the thought is already being pushed) there are some mouth breathing dolts that immediately went there. Like you I hope that's not what took place here. What does Bubba have to gain from setting that up?

Things are going to get massively worse short term before they get better with fan relations. First thing that happens when you place boundaries on people that know they're in the the wrong is they act out like children. I hope and want NASCAR to end up better for these tough choices they've made.

I agree, being in Alabama, I'd bet there is a good chance it is legit considering all the Cletuses in the state.

As for the race, it was a good one and one heck of a finish.
Pahdz
Every track should have the horse racing finish line like that

(Well maybe not good for going in hot into turn 1 at some places lol)
Russ Dalrymple
AG
That's why I wish there were more restrictor plate races. The finishes have been awesome (albeit scary this year at Daytona with Newman's crash)

I know not every race can be this style but I love the pack racing you get on these type as opposed to those that just get strung out.
Pahdz
I'm really trying to appreciate some of the intermediate races, but it's hard at most of them.

The few that grind the tires makes it fun sometimes when you get a driver chasing down a guy on fresher tires.

My faves though? Road courses
Big Cat `93
AG
That was the first restrictor plate race I've watched in a pretty long while. It was pretty fun. Felt strange to feel sorry for Jimmie Johnson.
Stone44
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Pahdz said:

Long way to go gang

With limited people there, would think this should be fairly easy to narrow down but could be wrong.

I like Bubba Wallace, but the one thing I hope that this isn't, is another Jussie Smollet type situation. Hopefully, it's a just some mouth breathing redneck like you said.
Totally fake news that should be reported on every news station and ESPN, but it won't. Truth doesn't help their cause.
Pahdz
This incident sucks because NASCAR absolutely made the right call with the flag deal, but all this does is gives the people who got so butthurt over that ammo to rub it in and setback any positive steps made prior.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.