**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

27,730 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
Code Maroon 12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope they get better. I thought the commentating was subpar as well with lots of random thoughts and talking over each other. Sloppy broadcast.
Pahdz
I love Dale Jr but he's not the most polished in that role.

It's a different broadcast by design though. Mike Joy is the ultimate pro and Gordon is light years better than Darrell Waltrip. However, the NBC team is setup to be like a group of buddies watching the race together.
Code Maroon 12
AG
Good point. I guess I just really prefer and was used to Joy and Gordon. At least we get them for a couple more races still.

Hope another team can wake up and break up this H&H domination to make it a little more interesting.
Gap
AG
Jimmy Johnson already cleared to race again just 5 days after being diagnosed with covid.

Hershey97
Bristol all-star race cars will look very different

Pahdz
All other races this weekend including ARCA have had lots of contact. Let's see if the senior circuit can control things better or have just as many issues.
Pahdz
This is pretty bad ass, old fans of the sport are really hating the last month probably.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
With Texas being raced next Sunday, anybody plan on attending? They are capping attendance at 50% from what I've read.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
With that, what a finish to the race at Kentucky! The rookie with the win!
10Aggie10
AG
What a finish! Custer ftw
Chuck Gay
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

With Texas being raced next Sunday, anybody plan on attending? They are capping attendance at 50% from what I've read.
I'm going. I understand while they are approved up to 50%, they are going to keep it much lower than that. Looking forward to it!
Gap
AG
Great finish today.

Pahdz
That move for the win
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I like that. I am going as well. Exchanged my tix from March race and ended up with what looks to be better seats this time.

I'm excited. Will be my first race as well as my sons first race.
lunchbox
Not a big Jimmie Johnson fan but I would like to see him win one more before he retires. Tough to see him go from 3rd to 20-something because of that bad move today.

Speaking of Jimmie, does anyone have any predictions as to who replaces him on the team. Brad Keselowski raced for Hendrick early on but had to leave when the team limit rules went into effect. His contract is up this year so it would be interesting to see if he goes back. I kind of doubt it.

Ryan Blaney was rumored to replace Johnson but Penske extended his contract in the last couple of months.

Kyle Larson was also rumored to replace him and then he got fired...

Other free agents-to-be are: Erik Jones, Bubba Wallace (expected to stay with Petty), Clint Bowyer, Matt DiBenedetto, Aric Almirola, Ty Dillon and Corie LaJoie

I've also seen speculation that Hendrick retires the 48 and whoever comes on the team would race the 25.
TRM
AG
Brad and Kyle are the only championship level drivers out there to fill that seat. LaJoie would do better with the better team, but championship level?
lunchbox
TRM said:

Brad and Kyle are the only championship level drivers out there to fill that seat. LaJoie would do better with the better team, but championship level?

I agree. I was just listing all the drivers without a contract for next year. LaJoie did send Henrick a personal letter asking to be considered. Hendrick said it was the first time he ever got something like that from a driver.

I'm starting to agree that no one will drive the 48. Less expectations in the 25.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Chuck Gay said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

I'm going. I understand while they are approved up to 50%, they are going to keep it much lower than that. Looking forward to it!

Read an article today that for every occupied seat, they took out 20 seats.

Sounds like it could be a small crowd on Sunday.
Chuck Gay
AG
Sounds like it will be extremely socially distanced. I'm glad they are trying it with fans.
cajunaggie08
AG
a 2pm start at TMS in July? I hope the drivers and fans dont have heat strokes.
End Of Message
AG
My father in law is an owner of junction fuels and they sponsored an entire car for this race.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Hasn't been too bad temp wise so far thru the competition caution. Decent breeze in the grand stands with some clouds passing over blocking sun from time to time.

Crowd is very manageable. I'd say definitely smaller than race on Wednesday at Bristol.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Good race today. The 3rd stage had plenty of action with numerous lead changes and plenty of accidents.

All in all, it was a great race, especially first live race for me.
TRM
AG
Kansas is tonight.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
We are early in the 3rd stage and the amount of carnage taking place is crazy.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Great race tonight! Good battles for the lead all night with Hamlin ultimately getting the win.
Pahdz
Kansas seems to be the one 1.5 track that continually produces entertaining races
TRM
AG
Some good racing early at NH.
TRM
AG
More bad luck for the 48.
TRM
AG
Bubba Wallace got offer a partial ownership to resign with RPM, but he wants to hear all his options.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Partial ownership is huge but I don't blame him for looking around at better rides. He's got some talent but is extremely limited by RPM.
Hershey97
Penske locks down Keselowski. Another big-name free agent off the board who many thought might replace Jimmie in the 48

Russ Dalrymple
AG
Anyone have a lesser known driver that follow outside of the big names?
TRM
AG
You consider Matt D, a lesser known? If so, then yes.
TRM
AG
Hershey97 said:

Penske locks down Keselowski. Another big-name free agent off the board who many thought might replace Jimmie in the 48

I'm guessing the 48 is coming down to Larson, DiBenedetto, Jones, or Bowyer.

ETA: Brad only signed a 1-yr extension. I guess sponsors don't want to commit too far out into the future.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.