**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

28,991 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

Bristol dirt race? Uh...I don't think that's gonna go as planned
Larson back to NASCAR confirmed.

I think a dirt race will be fun like Eldora.
Pahdz
Too heavy
Pick an actual dirt track
Don't take away a paved Bristol race for it

It's gonna be a circus act embarrassment and if I was a part of any team I'd be pissed
78669AG
TRM said:

They're getting the All-Star Race in exchange for it.

Ahhh makes sense
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I just have a hard time imagining a race on dirt. What all changes would need to be made to cars? I'd assume tires but what else?
kalltamu
AG
Hershey97 said:

All 3 series will race at Circuit of the Americas May 21-23

Thanks for posting this. I have a friend that lives over in that area and goes to nearly anything they put on the track so I went ahead and reserved us a couple of tickets.
TRM
AG
Trucks and Xfinity doubleheader tomorrow.
TRM
AG
Playoff drivers wreck early. Almirola, Busch, Bowman, Logano, Dillon
TRM
AG
Another wreck with playoff drivers - Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Keselowksi, Dillon, Ky Busch.
FIDO*98*
AG
Wallace has a real chance to win his first race and gets too cute be half. Better luck next year with MJ
TRM
AG
Another big wreck
TRM
AG
Great finish
TRM
AG
Should DiBenedetto, Buescher, Elliott, or Hamlin been penalized?

Russ Dalrymple
AG
Great race today. Even some of the lesser known drivers had a chance there at the end. Loved every second of it!

Plus Timmy Hill's Trump 2020 car finished strong. Was in top 10 in 2nd OT but was low on gas and forced to pit after the wreck
lunchbox
https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/30055439/alex-bowman-shuffled-hendrick-motorsports-no-48-car-replace-jimmie-johnson

Quote:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The most coveted seat in NASCAR belongs to Alex Bowman in a Hendrick Motorsports lineup shuffle to replace seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson in the iconic No. 48 Chevrolet.

Bowman and crew chief Greg Ives, who won five championships with Johnson as his engineer, will move from the No. 88 into Johnson's ride at the end of the season. The swap announced Tuesday makes Bowman just the second driver of the team created in 2001 specifically for Johnson.

<snip>

Hendrick Motorsports said it will address its plans for the No. 88 in the next few weeks. Kyle Larson, suspended by NASCAR since April for using a racial slur, is the leading candidate for that opening.

The No. 48 is sponsored by Ally, one of just two companies that funds a car for the entire 38-race Cup Series schedule. Ally wanted Johnson's replacement to contend for titles and Bowman, who has qualified for the playoffs all three years with Hendrick, is currently in position to advance this week into the round of eight.
TRM
AG
Raining at the Xfinity race at the Roval.
Pahdz
Well now we have too much rain
TRM
AG
Didn't know Bowyer was retiring.
Pahdz
Sounds like no more rain expected but this is good strategy drama right now regarding tires
TRM
AG
More interesting race so far today. Wet or slick tires at the end of stage 1. Bowyer leading and possibly taking a spot in the round of 8.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Chase Briscoe replacing Bowyer in the 14 and Erik Jones takes over the 43.
Gap
AG
Playoff day in Fort Worth. Harvick has won this race 3 years in a row coming in.
Pahdz
Once again Cup will have it's work cut out for it trying to top the Xfinity race. Incredible by Harrison Burton yesterday
TRM
AG
Harvick tags the wall.
Pahdz
Soooo this gonna happen tonight or what?
TRM
AG
Starting back up at 9 am tomorrow.
TRM
AG
Still raining. Restart delayed.
TRM
AG
Postponed until Tuesday at 11.
TXTEA12
Anybody catch Bagman on SiriusXM talking about Texas World Speedway? I hopped in the truck towards the tail end of the conversation, so I missed why it came up in the first place.
TRM
AG
To no one's surprise, Larson to drive the 5 car for Hendrick.
Chuck Gay
AG
TMS is giving everyone actually in attendance today for the restart free pit passes for next year's all star race.
Gap
AG
Standings going into Martinsville and the last race in the round of 8. Martinsville is at 1 pm CT on Sunday.

Russ Dalrymple
AG
Harvick, after having a great season, misses the cut.
TRM
AG
I think Harvick deserved to make the Championship 4, but man he and Hamlin have been so lucky all yearlong. Sucks he had all his bad luck here at the end.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I was going to wait for the explosion in the pits if, when he spun out Kyle Busch on the last turn, was able to pass him and make the cut.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.