**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

29,036 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
Hershey97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty exciting finish to the Xfinity race. Kyle Busch had to drive through the field after a speeding penalty. Great final 2 laps between him and Chase Briscoe. Briscoe's wife lost their baby earlier this week, love this win for him!

Pahdz
wow what a final two laps!
Hershey97
Greatest day in racing! Too bad it's only 1/3 of the normal races (no Monaco or Indy) but we still have the Coke 600 tonight at 5pm. Qualifying beginning here in a few min.

Predicting domination between Gibbs and Hendrick tonight. I think the 48 wins a couple stages but the 19 prevails in the end.
Pahdz
Look at CGR with some speed. Very interesting to see how those two cars so the rest of the year. Busch and Kenseth are close and they may help each other more than we thought.
TRM
AG
Poor Hamlin
TRM
AG
Elliot was looking fast before the yellow. Hope Johnson takes it home from here.
Gap
AG
Keselowski wins.

I'm not sure why Elliott went to the pits before the over time. He had the fastest car and didn't need fuel. It took away his opportunity to win. Moving back to 11th was too much to overcome in 2 laps.
Hershey97
Being a Chase Elliott fan is harder than being an Aggie football fan and I never thought anything would top that
Hershey97
If you don't pit....everyone will, if you do pit....everyone won't. He lost the race as soon as the caution came out.

I'm sure everyone will say track position is king and if he stayed out nobody could pass, but he went 11th to 3rd in 2 laps on fresh tires. Everyone would have driven around him had he stayed out. Only option I could see working is the 3 Hendrick cars staying out and blocking for him.
TRM
AG
Hershey97 said:

If you don't pit....everyone will, if you do pit....everyone won't. He lost the race as soon as the caution came out.

I'm sure everyone will say track position is king and if he stayed out nobody could pass, but he went 11th to 3rd in 2 laps on fresh tires. Everyone would have driven around him had he stayed out. Only option I could see working is the 3 Hendrick cars staying out and blocking for him.
Remember what happened earlier when Logano, Harvick and him stayed out on old tires? Harvick and him dropped like a rock, so I think that played a role in the decision, but he should have realized there would have been more guys that stay out since it's the end.

HMS looked strong for the most part, but none of them could make a pass for the lead except for Elliott. I think one of the Hendrick teams will win on Wednesday. Three more nights of racing.
Hershey97
Agreed that it played a role, but Harvick and Elliott dropped like rocks because they got back in traffic combined with worn tires. Logano won the stage proving that clean air mattered most.

Hindsight is 20/20 but would have been interested to see Elliott try to hold off everybody on 4 tires for 2 laps.
Pahdz
I don't know if him moving up 8 places had more to do with his car and him or the fact that restart was almost a 10 care pile up and everyone having to check up and avoid
TRM
AG
It's still early for this but something to watch as the season goes on. Free agents after 2020:

1. Kyle Larson
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Erik Jones
4. Clint Bowyer
5. Aric Almirola
6. Matt DiBenedetto
7. Corey LaJoie
8. Bubba Wallace
9. Ty Dillon
10. John Hunter Nemechek
11. Michael McDowell
12. Daniel Suarez
13. Ryan Preece
Hershey97
Yeah good point, most of the spots were because of the pile up. I think he got by Blaney and Reddick by actually having to race them. His car was definitely fast the last 150 or so laps
Hershey97
Also this happened.

Gap
AG
Hershey97 said:

Makes sense. Thanks for explaining. I'm learning as I go with Nascar. I am watching and learning more about the sport because I appreciate them getting out there and continuing without fans.
c/o 09 Ag in FW
Hershey97 said:

Being a Chase Elliott fan is harder than being an Aggie football fan and I never thought anything would top that

I'll call BS. Not comparable at all.

There's no way that A&M would ever win the equivalent of most popular driver multiple years in a row (if ever), and Chase has made the playoffs every year while the Ags have never made it...

Being an Aggie fan is more akin to being a Michael McDowell fan (or maybe Clint Bowyer or something like that)
Hershey97
Pretty incomparable points. Your driver winning the most popular driver isn't something a fan cares about that much in my opinion. And making the playoffs in NASCAR as a top team is quite simple.

My main reason for making that statement is that over the past 5 years Elliott has been very close to having major wins and constantly has bad luck. He finished 2nd like 8 times before getting his first win. They're calling him the unluckiest driver of the past decade. Sure his potential seems like he'd win a championship before A&M, but up to this point it has been continuous let-downs.

Add in that in NASCAR there is 1 winner and 39 losers every week, wins are much harder to come by.

It's easy being a McDowell fan, you don't expect wins, a top 25 is a good day. But when you're the top Chevrolet in the field your expectations are much higher.
TRM
AG
Truck race tonight and Chase is entered as part of the Beat Busch Bounty
TRM
AG
Elliott beats Busch in the Truck series
Hershey97
Hershey97
Getting started on FS1, rained out yesterday but looking good for 500km tonight. Going out on a limb here and taking Ryan Blaney. Finished 3rd Sunday and teammate won, has looked strong so far this season minus Darlington
Hershey97
Gap
AG
Chase Elliott has been on fire.

Any dark horses outside the usual favorites on the short track in Bristol?
Hershey97
Matt Dibenedetto is always good at Bristol.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Heck of a race today. Great finish and Keselowski picks up a 2nd win in a week.
Pahdz
That was a great final 100 laps.
Hershey97

Nashville Superspeedway coming back. Not sure if it's good or bad for the Fairgrounds but hopefully it increases popularity in the city.
Hershey97
Pahdz
so we all love short tracks, the two big boys, and road courses.

Of the intermediate tracks, which ones do you actually like?

I guess I'd vote Kansas, seems to provide the best racing out of the 1.5 milers.

Left out Fontana/Michigan/Pocono. Unpopular opinion but I like all three of those courses
TRM
AG
I'm willing to give Nashville a chance.

As far as the intermediate 1.5 milers, I prefer Texas or Charlotte, but that's because I like the quad ovals over the D-ovals
Pahdz
I just can't remember a good Texas race. I'm probably jaded because all the ones I attended while living in DFW/OKC were snooze fest
Hershey97
With the new package....none. If I had to choose, probably Atlanta because tire wear
Hershey97
Full slate this weekend at Atlanta. Trucks here in 20min, Xfinity after that, and Cup tomorrow afternoon
Hershey97
Give me Kevin Harvick today

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.