**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

29,017 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Larson fired. Writing was on the wall with the sponsors dropping him.
tk for tu juan
The 1988 Phoenix race is on FS1 right now.
TRM
AG
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29088927/north-carolina-governor-evaluating-nascar-race-charlotte-may

Quote:

The governor of North Carolina said Thursday that NASCAR teams can work in their race shops if they maintain social distancing guidelines, clearing a potential hurdle to resuming the season in coming weeks.
Gov. Roy Cooper extended the state's stay-at-home order through May 8 on Thursday and said he would gradually open the state in three phases. He said he is considering NASCAR's request to run the Coca-Cola 600 as scheduled on May 24 without spectators.
The governors of Florida and Texas have already said NASCAR is welcome to race in their states without fans, and South Carolina and Georgia are gradually easing restrictions.
I'll take races without fans.
TRM
AG
texaggierm said:

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29088927/north-carolina-governor-evaluating-nascar-race-charlotte-may

Quote:

The governor of North Carolina said Thursday that NASCAR teams can work in their race shops if they maintain social distancing guidelines, clearing a potential hurdle to resuming the season in coming weeks.
Gov. Roy Cooper extended the state's stay-at-home order through May 8 on Thursday and said he would gradually open the state in three phases. He said he is considering NASCAR's request to run the Coca-Cola 600 as scheduled on May 24 without spectators.
The governors of Florida and Texas have already said NASCAR is welcome to race in their states without fans, and South Carolina and Georgia are gradually easing restrictions.
I'll take races without fans.
Looks like the Coca-Cola 600 will be run so long as health conditions don't go down.

Also, Matt Kenseth is out of retirement replacing Kyle Larson in the 42.
TRM
AG

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29118934/nascar-goes-green-seven-races-11-days
Quote:

NASCAR announced Thursday that it will resume its season without fans starting May 17 at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina with the premier Cup Series racing four times in an 11-day span.
Quote:

NASCAR's revised schedule goes only through May and has a pair of Wednesday races, fulfilling fans' longtime plea for midweek events. The first race is scheduled for Darlington, NASCAR's oldest superspeedway, followed by a second race at the 70-year-old, egg-shaped oval track three days later.
TRM
AG
Quote:

Races at Chicagoland Speedway and Sonoma Raceway and Richmond Raceway's spring event are off the calendar for 2020.
Quote:

The Chicagoland race, set for June 21, was reassigned to Darlington on May 17; the Richmond spring race on April 19 will be replaced by the May 20 Darlington race; and the June 14 Sonoma race is now the May 27 Charlotte race. The Coca-Cola 600 on May 24 at Charlotte is keeping its traditional spot on Memorial Day weekend.
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/29151160/nascar-pulls-chicagoland-richmond-sonoma-2020-race-calendar
Pahdz
Losing a road course race, big fat fail

Chicago sucks, good call
TRM
AG
Sucks but I understand why they did it since those states are slow opening up.
Pahdz
And NY will slow open too, so we may lose Watkins Glen as well.

Maybe they should add Road America. The Roval is forced
Hershey97
Iracing was fun, but we've finally made it to a weekend that includes REAL racing!

Darlington, Sunday @ 2:30pm. Lineup was set last night via a bingo-esque pill draw. No practice, no qualifying, just unload the cars and run. Surely going to be wide open but I'm taking a Hendrick car, they've looked strong, give me the 48.

TRM
AG
texaggierm said:

Quote:

Races at Chicagoland Speedway and Sonoma Raceway and Richmond Raceway's spring event are off the calendar for 2020.
Quote:

The Chicagoland race, set for June 21, was reassigned to Darlington on May 17; the Richmond spring race on April 19 will be replaced by the May 20 Darlington race; and the June 14 Sonoma race is now the May 27 Charlotte race. The Coca-Cola 600 on May 24 at Charlotte is keeping its traditional spot on Memorial Day weekend.
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/29151160/nascar-pulls-chicagoland-richmond-sonoma-2020-race-calendar
Updated schedule

DATE SERIES TRACK
Sun. Cup Darlington 400
Tue. Xfinity Darlington 200
Wed. Cup Darlington 310
May 24 Cup Charlotte 600
May 25 Xfinity Charlotte 300
May 26 Trucks Charlotte 200
May 27 Cup Charlotte 310
May 30 Xfinity Bristol 160
May 31 Cup Bristol 266
June 6 Trucks Atlanta 200
June 6 Xfinity Atlanta 251
June 7 Cup Atlanta 500
June 10 Cup Martinsville 263
June 13 Trucks Homestead 201
June 13 Xfinity Homestead 250
June 14 Cup Homestead 400
June 20 ARCA Talladega 202
June 20 Xfinity Talladega 300
June 21 Cup Talladega 500
TRM
AG
I hope it doesn't happen, but I think a Gibbs driver takes it.
Gap
AG
It has been a while since I watched NASCAR. I'm looking forward to watching live this weekend!
Pahdz
weekday races

I'm excited to see some of these changes they are trying out. This is the perfect scenario for the sport to test things and hopefully help the long term health of the sport.
End Of Message
AG
I plan to become a race fan today. Good on NASCAR.
Hershey97
Pinche Abogado said:

I plan to become a race fan today. Good on NASCAR.

Welcome! This could be a huge and exciting day for the sport. Tons of potential new fans will be tuned in. Looking forward to answering any questions they have!

cap-n-jack
Dude you didn't have to wait 3 months for that. You could've gotten in your car and driven into a wall at home.
JDL 96
Watching this race. Not a NASCAR fan and don't watch it. But excited to have live action! So far I'm liking it.
Pahdz
Good call on the HMS cars
Ferg
Hopefully F1 will be soon. Of course, they have to hop from Country to Country.
Hershey97
Hershey97 said:

Surely going to be wide open but I'm taking a Hendrick car, they've looked strong, give me the 48.
Pahdz
Boy that was a rookie mistake
Pahdz
Pahdz said:

Good call on the HMS cars

Checking in since this post...

48 - out
24 - into the wall
Civil04
AG
Hershey97 said:

Hershey97 said:

Surely going to be wide open but I'm taking a Hendrick car, they've looked strong, give me the 48.

TRM
AG
Start time for today's race moved up to 5 because of weather. Televised on FS1
Hershey97
Delayed for rain but getting ready to go green at Darlington. First Wednesday NASCAR race in 30+ years! I'm taking Truex Jr
videoag98
AG
Chase Elliot. He mad.
Kyle Bush. He an ass
TRM
AG
I think this shower ends the race.
falcon09
AG
I was just starting to think that maybe Kyle Busch wasn't the spoiled little turd that he was before, but screw him.

A champion with 15+ years of experience doesn't miss a move that bad unless it's intentional.

What an ass.
Pahdz
I freaking love Kyle Bush. He owned up to it, anyone that's mad is dumb (besides the 9 team).

His explanation, and the video, pretty much proves his point. Why on earth would you with a winning car purposely damage your front end to take out a guy?

Best driver in the series hands down. You do you Kyle
Pahdz
also Hamlin is the luckiest SOB when it comes to staying out and then races ending under rain/caution
Hershey97
As a Chase Elliott fan, I may be biased. I do think it was unintentional and Busch just made a terrible mistake. It basically comes down to 2 options in my eyes:

1. One of the so-called "greatest drivers in history" can't tell a few inches from a few feet and made one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, therefore harming his reputation as one of the best.

2. It was intentional, a classic Kyle Busch move. And as much as you think people can change, there's some things that will always stay the same.

Either way, the ball is in Elliott's court now. Really hope he's smart about this and dumps the 18 during the right situation. Not on the first lap of a 600 mile race where he damages his own car. Wait until they're battling for a win, wait until they're battling to advance to the next round of the playoffs. He's tired of getting run over and if he plays this right it'll be a warning message to the whole field and people will race him differently. In my opinion, if Elliott handles this correctly, it could be the start of him heading towards elite success.
Pahdz
he's had a few years to change others views of him, as someone you can just run over, after Martinsville.

If he doesn't do it now he may never
Hershey97
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/05/21/chase-elliott-kyle-busch-denny-hamlin-nascar-would-retaliation-send-wrong-message/

Obviously a teammate sticking up for Busch, but an interesting viewpoint regarding if Elliott would gain even more respect by not retaliating.

As of now I'm sticking with the opinion that he needs to dump him back. If I'm approaching a driver and I know the guy has a history of wrecking people who wreck him, I'm going to be much more careful vs if the guy "took the high road".
Ag 11
AG
I agree with Chase Elliott

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.