**2020 NASCAR Cup Series**

28,996 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

TRM
AG
J.P. 03 said:

This is at least coming from a verified check mark account. No clue where she got her info though:

Followed shortly by:

Some more reporting.

J.P. 03
AG
Stable would be awesome, especially when compared to the alternative. Here's another reporter who's live streaming outside the hospital. He repeated the word "stable" as well.

https://www.facebook.com/FredWVTM13/videos/188332545818290/
Pahdz
falcon09
AG
"Serious condition", but "non-life threatening"
TRM
AG
J.P. 03
AG
Praise God. Seriously.
Pahdz
Newman has been involved in a number of these crazy wrecks at super speedways and as always been an outspoken critic of this type of racing, just hate that he'd be one to sustain such injuries from this style.
FriscoKid
AG
That's awesome.
4stringAg
AG
That's good news. Man that was a terrible crash.
agcrock2005
AG
4stringAg said:

Don't know how you can get hit like that and not have some serious head injuries. Sure hope he's ok long-term. Glad he's safe right now at least.
TRM
AG
agcrock2005 said:

4stringAg said:

Don't know how you can get hit like that and not have some serious head injuries. Sure hope he's ok long-term. Glad he's safe right now at least.
I went back to watch Dale Sr's crash. Looked like Ryan hit at a greater speed, but that kinetic energy was transferred to the car breaking apart and the SAFER barrier whereas Dale's car stayed together, so the energy was transferred to the driver.

Then the driver's area and seat is like a cocoon now that helped with that hit by LaJoie.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

SAFER barrier
I'm talking about the Lajoie car-to-Newman head hit not the right turn into the safer barrier. Hope he's good!
tk for tu juan
Look at the crease across the roof and how much the a-pillar moved. You can also see where the two front down bars of the other car hit just ahead and slightly behind where Newman is sitting.

tk for tu juan
Near the beginning of this video you can see a diagonal bar that goes from the upper connection of the Earnhardt bar to halo and then down to a lower connection on the roll cage. I think that bar was added around 2013. I think that bar was critical in keeping the integrity of the halo during this impact.

AGHouston11
AG
Do did he get hit from behind and then go out of control?

There was a similar wreck earlier in the race I thought where it appeared hit from behind and on the same side.
average_joker
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Praise God. Seriously.

Needs to be said again.
tk for tu juan
TRM
AG
Quote:

NASCAR driver Ryan Newman is awake and speaking with family and doctors a day after his horrific crash on the final lap of the Daytona 500.
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/28731022/ryan-newman-awake-speaking-daytona-500-crash
PLUM LOCO
Guppy91
AG
NSIAP - regards if posted elsewhere... NSFW!
agcrock2005
TRM
AG
Newman is looking good.

gibberish
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Praise God. Seriously.
Needs to be said again, awesome update!
lunchbox
agcrock2005
AG
Wow...CNN got something right! Awesome.
Pahdz
Man I expected him to look beaten up and everything. Amazing
Hershey97
Full weekend slate of racing with Trucks, Xfinity, and Cup at Vegas. Cup with a couple practices today.

Ross Chastain in the 6 for Ryan Newman. Hate the Newman situation and hope to see him back soon but another great audition for Chastain to show what he can do in mid level equipment.

My weekend predictions (which are rarely correct): Trucks - Moffitt, Xfinity - Briscoe, Cup - Truex
BaitShack
AG
Blaney should have stayed out.
Pahdz
We got cheated out of a great finish, no way Logano holds that lead
Pahdz
Also hell of a 2nd place finish for the people's champ
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Agreed, thought it should have went to overtime rules.

On that note, getting to go to my first NASCAR race next month when they come to Texas. Excited to say the least.
Chapa96
AG
Nothing better than watching it live! I'll be going to Talladega in October.
Hershey97
Kyle Busch dominated the truck race, Chase Briscoe won a rain delayed Xfinity race, and Joey Logano's late race pit strategy led to a Cup win. My guy Chase Elliott's bad luck struck again with a flat tire in what looked like his race to lose.

Overall, I thought all 3 races were very entertaining. Cup was definitely a step up from the 1.5 mile races last year in my opinion.

In more fun news, Kevin Harvick and Gander CEO Marcus Lemonis put a $100K bounty on any full time cup driver to beat Kyle Busch in a truck race this year. Should be fun to see if anybody takes up that challenge.

On to Auto Club.
Hershey97
Really looking forward to these paint schemes this weekend. Don't want to get my hopes up but would love if Axalta had purple and gold flames for Byron's car.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.