***** Official Dallas Stars 2019-2020 season thread*****

283,027 Views | 6143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Roll the Bones
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to find out a way to score 3 every night
Danny Vermin
I disagree. They have the occasional bad game but since October. they have the best record in the NHL. This is a Cup team without a doubt.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I disagree. They have the occasional bad game but since October. they have the best record in the NHL. This is a Cup team without a doubt.
"If you take away when we are Hyde's, we're totally Jekyll's"
AggieBand2004
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Positivity is not Kashchei's strongest personality trait
GrapevineAg
AG
As trade deadline passes, Stars must now find scoring from within by Mike Heika

Quote:

General Manager Jim Nill worked the phones hard all week, and to be fair, he was dealing with a stacked deck.

The Stars already had traded away their second- and third-round picks in 2020 (the second for Marc Methot and the third as part of the deal for Mats Zuccarello) and also missed out on the second- and third-round picks in 2019 (the second for Zuccarello and the third for Ben Lovejoy). So those are four plum prospects that won't be available for Dallas.

That situation means the prospects the Stars do have -- like Jason Robertson, Thomas Harley, Jake Oettinger and Ty Dellandrea -- are all the more important.

Bottom line, Nill didn't have the currency to get in a lot of these talks.

"The past couple years, we've made a lot of trades and used a lot of picks, and I went into this deadline with the mindset that we just can't keep doing that," Nill said Monday. "So, lots of talk, but in the end, nothing really came close."

Quote:

So the facts say they had plenty of reason to be conservative, and you can definitely understand their strategy. But the facts also say this kind of team doesn't win the Stanley Cup very often.

While teams that keep the score low almost always have a chance to succeed in the playoffs, the majority of those teams find a way to be in the top half of the league in scoring. The Stars currently rank 25th in goals for per game at 2.66 and second-to-last in 5-on-5 scoring.
Legal Custodian
AG
PSA:
YouTubeTV just announced they'll no longer carry the Fox Sports regional networks beginning March 1st.
AggieBand2004
AG
Fox regional has pissed me off. I have Dish, so I've seen about 3 Stars games this entire season
AggieRob93
AG
Legal Custodian said:

PSA:
YouTubeTV just announced they'll no longer carry the Fox Sports regional networks beginning March 1st.
That blows for those who have cut the cord to go streaming. Wife and I almost did the same, actually just about hit the subscribe button for YouTubeTV, but were happy in the end in our negotiation w/ DirecTV.
Danny Vermin
Me too. Wtf are we going to do?
joshpettett
AG
Huh. So cancelling YoutubeTV it looks like. Hulu?
CoppellAg2009
AG
Hulu looks like its the only choice left. How long will that last?
Wheatables02
AG
joshpettett said:

Huh. So cancelling YoutubeTV it looks like. Hulu?

Can't you watch them on the Fox Sports Go App on Roku, Amazon Firestick, etc?
dvldog
AG
Only if you subscribe to a service that carries it. You still have to log in to your account (DTV, YTTV, Hulu, etc.)
Danny Vermin
Just cancelled YouTube tv and Bought Hulu. Hopefully the stream is just as good .
tex2000
AG
My YouTube account just renewed yesterday, if I had known I would have already cancelled & signed up with Hulu. Oh well need to watch the stars so I'll have two subscriptions this month.
joshpettett
AG
You may be able to contact their support and request a refund since they gave a 2 day notice on a major event that lessens the product.
They may tell you to kick rocks since I bet there are a ton of people who will try that. But I'd think it's worth it for $50.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
tex2000 said:

My YouTube account just renewed yesterday, if I had known I would have already cancelled & signed up with Hulu. Oh well need to watch the stars so I'll have two subscriptions this month.

You can probably make a strong case no ending it now and getting this month back if you get on the phone with someone

Either way, one thing is for certain, we are well on our way to living like the Avs fans have been
Kashchei
AG
I pay out the ass for UVerse, but I gotta have FSSW and AT&T Sportsnet

Also, Bish is starting tonight. I would've done with the hot hand in Dobby.
rynning
AG
Is there a chance YouTube TV is just trying to get a better deal for FoxSports regionals?
Kashchei
AG
"Miro Hayshkanen"

Jeezus NBC, is "Dominic Roussel" playing too.
TV Casualty
AG
NBC is so biased towards Boston. Apparently Boston commits no penalties in their opinion. Meanwhile they seem to think the Stars should be permanently in the box.
gigem1223
TV Casualty said:

NBC is so biased towards Boston. Apparently Boston commits no penalties in their opinion. Meanwhile they seem to think the Stars should be permanently in the box.

Was saying the same thing. It's brutal.

On the Boston goal...Sekera has got to pull his head out his arse, clear the front of the net, and quit puck watching.
Danny Vermin
It was easy to cancel youtubetv since my bill date is the 3rd every month so I'm not wasting much money. They were inundated with people canceling today.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Chippy game, these are the most fun to win
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Wtf was polak doing there
sburg2007
Sucking ass just like he always does.
Kashchei
AG
sburg2007 said:

Sucking ass just like he always does.

He's responsible for at least one GA a game.

And of course a Ritchie scores against us
sburg2007
Hes slow, lost, and is the least offensive defenseman in the division.
Kashchei
AG
sburg2007 said:

Hes slow, lost, and is the least offensive defenseman in the division.

Yet our dumbass GM gives him another year and a RAISE, and our dumbass head coach plays him as much as humanly possible.
Legal Custodian
AG
"The old antagonist Pevelski was in on it too"

Really?
sburg2007
I forgot how much I loath nbcsn broadcasts
Kashchei
AG
GURY!
Kashchei
AG
POLAK YOU WORTHLESS ****ING BOHUNK!
gigem1223
Polak and Janmark need to go
sburg2007
If I had any hair left, I'd pull it out. What a whip
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 176

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.