***** Official Dallas Stars 2019-2020 season thread*****

282,757 Views | 6143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Roll the Bones
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One month away - go Stars!
Chapa96
AG
Go Stars! Got tickets for New Years day at the Cotton Bowl!
Kashchei
AG
Chapa96 said:

They need to release the WC jerseys - I need one!
FWAppraiser
AG
Kashchei said:

Chapa96 said:

They need to release the WC jerseys - I need one!

This. I keep checking to see if there have been leaks on the design. I'm kind of hoping for the 99 star jersey with a victory green color scheme. We'll see.

Really excited to get this season going. Bummed I can't make it out to training camp next weekend. Anyone going?
Kashchei
AG
Do you know if there's a chance for autographs? I'm looking for Dobby to sign something for me
FWAppraiser
AG
When training camp was in Fort Worth, some of the palyers would walk around/sit in the stands when it wasn't their groups time slot. My son got several autographs that way. Don't know how they're doing it this year though.
Ag 11
AG
This is the year. Go Stars!
FWAppraiser
AG
Johns is not skating at camp and is out "indefinitely". Corey Perry has a broken foot and is out at least 2 weeks.

Honka has requested a trade, but we knew that was coming.
Kashchei
AG
HTF does Perry have a broken foot?? Training camp started an hour ago!

Also, Nill should've been trying to trade Honka since last year. And Johns is done.
FWAppraiser
AG
Apparently he broke it Wednesday, but it's a small fracture, and he should be ok by opening night.

I think Honka's been shopped for a while now, but according to Nill, the weird RFA situation around the league has made moving him tough so far. I imagine he'll be gone before the start of the season, with very little return (thinking late round draft pick).

And yes, it's looking like Johns is done. I hate it for him, and I hate it for the team.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
LFG STARS
Kashchei
AG
I did go to camp and I did get my Dobby auto
FWAppraiser
AG
Awesome
Kashchei
AG

November? So far away...

If they do a play off the Dallas Texans jersey that would be AWESOME!

Wehner High
AG
In for another fun season of Stars Hockey

Loved the offseason moves
Hate what happened to Johns -- concussions are no joke

Excited to see this team in Year 2 of Monty's system
rather be fishing
AG
Ok, so I'm behind the ball on hockey season. Dealing with multiple family members passing and inheriting ****, combined with young child and vacays. Completely forgot preseason started.

How the hell does one stream the preseason game? NHL app says no game feeds.
Legal Custodian
AG
the stars web page says that tonight's isn't viewable, but tomorrow's game is on FSSW+
turfman80
AG
Dish Network better work out the differences with FSSW
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Gomer95
AG
If I'm going to the Home opener by myself and want to get a cheaper single ticket on the 1st level, what is the best time and way to find that? I'm assuming check stubhub the day of the game because prices will go down? Or is there a better way?
FWAppraiser
AG
The Stars website is actually a great way to go. You can turn on a feature that shows resale tickets. That's where season ticket holders post their tickets. There are always some available the day of the game, and prices drop right up until gametime. There's usually a great deal to be had. I actually picked up extra tickets for a couple of playoff games that way last season.
Danny Vermin
turfman80 said:

Dish Network better work out the differences with FSSW

Yeah man I'm getting ****ing panicked about that. May have to fork over 50 bucks for YouTube tv so I can watch them.
joshpettett
AG
https://www.facebook.com/DallasStars/photos/a.452076400214/10162409981180215/?type=3&theater

Makes me sad that we don't have a Texas A&M night

Edit: The link is to the Stars facebook post showing the College Nights this season.
"Fox Sports Southwest College Spirit Nights are back and seven universities have chosen to participate this fall.
To get your ticket with a co-branded hat, click here: bit.ly/2l5KK9i
#GoStars"

It's Baylor, OkSt, OU, tu, TCU, Tech, & UNT

FWAppraiser
AG
Same thing with the Rangers this year. Apparently A&M is very difficult to deal with. Disappointing.
Kashchei
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Same thing with the Rangers this year. Apparently A&M is very difficult to deal with. Disappointing.

They had an Aggie Night last year and I scored a cap. Last year they didn't have t.u.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yeah, I have a couple of cross branded A&M hats. I was just told by someone with the Rangers that A&M was being difficult this year and they were never able to work anything out. I believe a couple of years they were one of the last teams to be added because of how difficult the university makes it. Something to do with how protective the school has become with branding.

Another interesting theory: the college nights this year are sponsored by Fox Sports Southwest. A&M has no ties to Fox, since we're not in the BDF anymore.
Kashchei
AG
Why does it not surprise me A&M is being difficult? I swear the whole system is run by a bunch of pompous dickbags.
k20dub
Kashchei
AG
WC logo tease?

FWAppraiser
AG
Looks like we're going to roll with Miro paired with Sekera, which I'm fine with. But that leaves Oleksiak and Polak paired together. That makes me very nervous. Hopefully they're used sparingly.
Danny Vermin
Anyone else with Dish that has to find an alternative way to watch the games? What's the best way?
TwoTimeAg
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Yeah, I have a couple of cross branded A&M hats. I was just told by someone with the Rangers that A&M was being difficult this year and they were never able to work anything out. I believe a couple of years they were one of the last teams to be added because of how difficult the university makes it. Something to do with how protective the school has become with branding.

Another interesting theory: the college nights this year are sponsored by Fox Sports Southwest. A&M has no ties to Fox, since we're not in the BDF anymore.
Nothing to do with Fox Sports Southwest, everything to do with our branding group thinking that there is no benefit in participating even though we have traditionally been the most popular cap by far.
Kashchei
AG
Anyone else going to the game tonight?
FWAppraiser
AG
Heading that way now!
babyshark
CoppellAg2009
AG
Go Stars!
Last Page
Page 1 of 176

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.