**** Official Dallas Stars 2018-2019 season thread****

148,778 Views | 2608 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Danny Vermin
Wehner High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed 100% with Nill. Time for him to go
Danny Vermin
So I talked to Stephen John's GF tonight , at length, and he should be fully healthy for next season. They misdiagnosed what was wrong with him.
farmer95
AG
Danny Vermin said:

So I talked to Stephen John's GF tonight , at length, and he should be fully healthy for next season. They misdiagnosed what was wrong with him.
Ok so what's wrong with him?
Danny Vermin
https://www.cedars-sinai.org/programs/neurology-neurosurgery/clinical/csf-leak/curable-cause-of-headache.html

This pretty much sums it up.
FWAppraiser
AG
Glad he'll be ok, for his sake. Can't imagine the frustration and pain of those chronic headaches.
FWAppraiser
AG
Scouts from Anaheim, the New York Rangers, Nashville, and Florida were at the game last night. Washington has had scouts looking at Dallas the past couple of games. Hopefully something is in the works.
Hanzel, Methot, and Johns will likely go on long term IR to give the Stars plenty of cap space to make a big move or two.

Nice of Ritchie to get a goal last night to help his trade value.
Kashchei
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Not gonna lie, I would buy one of those.

I would've bought a Heiskanen AS jersey if it didn't look like garbage. Fitting, since that's what it's made from...
Danny Vermin
I agree. So boring looking.
mullokmotx
AG
Not a hockey fan, but I loved the story from last week about The Stars playing a game with The EKGs on January 16. A 10 year old on the EKGs wanted to play the Stars as his Make A Wish. First saw the story on Fox News last Friday. Not sure how to make a link on here but maybe someone can do it.
Reading the comments on this thread it looks like a lost of the posters would not be surprised the 10 year won a fight with a Star's defender.
gomerschlep
AG
NHL.com: Stars give 10-year-old full game experience, including cellies and scrap

Very cool story
HockeyAg07
AG
Stars vs Preds in the winter classic. Could be worse.
FWAppraiser
AG
My thoughts exactly. Could be better, could be worse. One thing's for sure, country music will be featured prominently. Hopefully it's decent country.
Kashchei
AG
I like the pick
Out in Left Field
AG
Bring it on Trashville
gomerschlep
AG
FWAppraiser said:

My thoughts exactly. Could be better, could be worse. One thing's for sure, country music will be featured prominently. Hopefully it's decent country.
farmer95
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Country music+Nashville+Hockey=Carrie Underwood
rather be fishing
AG
Oleksiak? Seriously?
FWAppraiser
AG
Hopefully it just means something bigger is coming. Methot had season ending surgery, so there's some cap relief. I'm thinking Honka gets packaged with a couple of pics/prospects to bring in someone else. On its own, this trade makes no sense.
Kashchei
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Hopefully it just means something bigger is coming. Methot had season ending surgery, so there's some cap relief. I'm thinking Honka gets packaged with a couple of pics/prospects to bring in someone else. On its own, this trade makes no sense.

It ****ing better be. Otherwise, **** you again Nill! This franchise is a joke.
FWAppraiser
AG
Excited to see how the team comes out of their break tonight. Big couple of games tonight and Friday. 3 points back of Minnesota with a game in hand. Could either leap over the Wild for 3rd in the Central by late Friday night, or find themselves out of a wildcard spot and behind in the logjam of teams vying for the final 2 spots. I know it's still early to micro analyze the playoff standings, but how they come out of the gate may dictate if this team goes for it in the trade market or if Nill is sent packing (I don't see how you can keep him past the trade deadline if they don't make any moves and/or are out of a playoff spot).

Interesting, there are 19 different NHL teams that have sent scouts to the game tonight. I think (hope) something trade wise is on the horizon.
babyshark
1-0 Win and didn't roll over and allow the barrage in the 3rd. Gotta love that game
rather be fishing
AG
good win tonight
Out in Left Field
Ag 11
AG
Hell yeah
FWAppraiser
AG
Last night, I saw a team finally playing Montgomery's system and aggressively controlling the game. This team still needs scoring talent in a big way, but with the goaltending and defense as it's been these past couple of games, this team SHOULD make the playoffs.
Needed the win to take over 3rd place, and they went out there and took it.
Tough test tonight in Nashville. Need Dobby to keep it going
Kashchei
AG
Damn I love Dobby. He's a character.
Kashchei
AG
BS penalty on Benn
rather be fishing
AG
stupidity on benn's part
rather be fishing
AG
eff yeah!
Kashchei
AG
Big win!
Danny Vermin
I've told you boys all season that Montys teams get much better in the second half of seasons..
FWAppraiser
AG
What a win!

Don't look now, but we're only 8 points back of Nashville for 2nd in the Central with a game in hand and a rematch on Thursday. Before the break I would have thought 3rd in the division was this team's ceiling, but I think they can make a run at the Preds. Let's hope we can take care of business on Monday against Phoenix and keep this train rolling.
GrapevineAg
AG
They are looking better. I think I like getting Oleksiak back. Fun game tonight.
babyshark
FWAppraiser
AG
Stars signed Tye Felhaber, undrafted free agent prospect, today. From Sean Shapiro:

"Felhaber is a 20-year-old forward playing for the Ottawa 67's in the OHL. He has 51 goals and 88 points in 50 games. He is on pace to become the first player in the OHL to score 70 goals in a season since John Tavares scored 72 during the 2006-07 season."

Most NHL teams were after this kid. Big get for the future.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.