**** Official Dallas Stars 2018-2019 season thread****

148,271 Views | 2608 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Danny Vermin
babyshark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can still boo Corey Perry if he's wearing a Stars sweater, right?
Kashchei
AG
One good thing about not signing Zuke is we keep our #1 next year. LOVE the Pavs signing - a 2C who can SCORE! I hate(d) Perry, but if he pots 15 @1.5MM he's worth it.
Kashchei
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Minnesota is going to give him 5 years. He doesn't want to sign a 3 year deal, knowing this is his last opportunity to sign a big money contract. Hard to walk away from an extra 11 to 12 million dollars.

I totally get the reasoning, I would just like to think if I were in the same position I'd want a legit chance at a Cup instead of a couple more million dollars...
Danny Vermin
I'm looking forward to the teeth gnashing of Stars fans about us signing Corey Perry. If he's wearing a Stars sweater ,then he will be my guy.
FWAppraiser
AG
And we have our Stephen Johns insurance. Andrej Sekera. One year deal. Doesn't really move the needle, but he could be a decent stop gap.
micahb2002
AG
https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/1145742615721250817?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Pavelski is official.
babyshark
BaD is interviewing him in a few minutes
Ag 11
AG
Got Pavelski

GrapevineAg
AG
Was Claude Lemieux your guy? Sean Avery?

I don't like Perry, but I hope he scores a crapload of goals for us this season.
Cappo
AG
Could Corey Perry pull some magic out for all the Stars fans he's pissed off??
Danny Vermin
GrapevineAg said:

Was Claude Lemieux your guy? Sean Avery?

I don't like Perry, but I hope he scores a crapload of goals for us this season.

If they are wearing a Stars sweater they are my guy.
micahb2002
AG
The talking heads seem to think Nashville will be the most improved team. I think that trading PK Subban for Duchene is essentially a wash. I think Pavelski was an upgrade over Zucc, plus we got two hungry former studs with bonus laden contracts.

The Central will certainly be brutal again.
micahb2002
AG
http://old.post-gazette.com/penguins/20011025stars1025p5.asp

Great Pitt paper Zubov article from 2001.
Grapesoda2525
micahb2002 said:

The talking heads seem to think Nashville will be the most improved team. I think that trading PK Subban for Duchene is essentially a wash. I think Pavelski was an upgrade over Zucc, plus we got two hungry former studs with bonus laden contracts.

The Central will certainly be brutal again.
The big question is will the Stars ever beat the blues? They seem to be the Stars schoolyard bully.
Kashchei
AG
Blues won't even get close to defending their title next year.
Grapesoda2525
Kashchei said:

Blues won't even get close to defending their title next year.
Hope your right, but why is that?
FWAppraiser
AG
I think the Blues will be good next year, but they have 6 RFAs, one of which is Binnington. Their salary cap situation is going to get dicey, and they'll have some tough decisions to make. Besides, I seriously doubt Binnington stays as hot as he was this past year.

But the reality is, along with St. Louis, the Central is going to be really tough next season.
Grapesoda2525
FWAppraiser said:

I think the Blues will be good next year, but they have 6 RFAs, one of which is Binnington. Their salary cap situation is going to get dicey, and they'll have some tough decisions to make. Besides, I seriously doubt Binnington stays as hot as he was this past year.

But the reality is, along with St. Louis, the Central is going to be really tough next season.
Hopefully the refs won't be in their back pocket next year.
Kashchei
AG
I still contend they lucked and thugged their way to a title. No way they repeat that again. And the Stars are going to represent the West...
Danny Vermin
Kashchei said:

I still contend they lucked and thugged their way to a title. No way they repeat that again. And the Stars are going to represent the West...

Jamie Benn was about a half inch from winning that series for us and I fully believe we would have beat San Jose and Boston.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.