**** Official Dallas Stars 2018-2019 season thread****

147,892 Views | 2608 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Danny Vermin
Street_Cred_Norm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
Out in Left Field
AG
J.P. 03
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Roman Polak-(defence) 1 year

Street_Cred_Norm
Solid Veteran 7th d man I guess.
joshuar2010
AG
Apparently Dallas is the favorite for Karlsson. While that is exciting, it doesn't help that second line. Janmark-Spezza-Val just doesn't do anything for me. Comeau was an ok addition but we have plenty of bottom 6 forwards. Ready for Nill to surprise us.
gigem1223
Karlsson heading to TB it sounds like. Ottawa wanted Miro and Dallas wasn't budging.
Street_Cred_Norm
gigem1223 said:

Karlsson heading to TB it sounds like. Ottawa wanted Miro and Dallas wasn't budging.

I'm convinced Miro is the next Nick Lidstrom. I don't trade him for anything.
joshuar2010
AG
Very happy to keep Miro. Now Nill has to get focused on that second line.
gomerschlep
AG
Ag 11
AG
This is the year
BassCowboy33
In case you're wondering what the rest of the Central division has been doing:

https://blackoutdallas.com/2018/07/10/dallas-stars-keeping-central-division/
Street_Cred_Norm
Just a heads up, got a text from my stars insider. 75 % chance we get Karlsson without giving up Miro .
Kashchei
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Just a heads up, got a text from my stars insider. 75 % chance we get Karlsson without giving up Miro .

I'd rather have Panarin, but I definitely won't complain about EK if the price is right
joshuar2010
AG
I agree I'd rather have Panarin. I'm sure Nill has had to see if he was available. I hope so at least.
joshuar2010
AG
I saw on @RumorBreak on Twitter this rumored new trade proposal from Dallas. I don't know how legit it is.
Dallas has officially sent another offer for Erik Karlsson. Per source, the offer includes Honka + Hintz + Gurianov + 2019 first for Erik Karlsson. Ball is in OTT's court.

I'd hate to lose Hintz. He seems like our most talented forward prospect that we have that might be ready this year. The rest doesn't bother me though.
Street_Cred_Norm
I didn't get exact details on that but that sounds about right. And if so, deal. Also, the deal won't happen if Karlsson won't sign and extension.
BassCowboy33
Word I'm hearing from my Stars peeps at FSSW is that Karlsson doesn't want to sign an extension with Dallas. It's likely a one-year rental unless something changes.

joshuar2010
AG
If that's the case, then I'm not interested. This team isn't one player away. As great as Karlsson is, I doubt we get further than the second round with him. I think Nill should start looking at trades for Panarin, Skinner or Pacioretty.
Kashchei
AG
joshuar2010 said:

If that's the case, then I'm not interested. This team isn't one player away. As great as Karlsson is, I doubt we get further than the second round with him. I think Nill should start looking at trades for Panarin, Skinner or Pacioretty.

This. If he doesn't want to sign an extension I don't think one year is worth a trade of any player/picks of significance. Maybe a second rounder and a scrub tops
Street_Cred_Norm
Agree with Josh and Kash. The upside of not getting him is for sure keeping Seguin for another 8 years or so. I also think if we don't get Karlsson, we go get someone else like Patch or The bread man.
dvldog
AG
Kashchei
AG
I have no opinion on Bogorad, just happy Razor is back at color where he belongs. I still miss Ralph :/
HockeyAg07
AG
Bummer about Luds not being back with razor. He grew on me last year. Bogorad seems to be kinda cut and dry, so it'll be interesting to see if razor can get him to have some fun with his calls.
Kashchei
AG
I swear, if Nill ****s up this Seguin extension he should be run out of town naked
Chapa96
AG
A&M night October 25. The first 500 tickets purchased will come with a limited edition Texas A&M and Dallas Stars co-branded hat!

https://www.nhl.com/stars/tickets/college-spirit-nights

reddirtgigem
ready for the season!!! I also agree that if Nill screws up Tyler's extension, he should be castrated with a spoon and fed to the pigs (Like the movie Snatch).
FWAppraiser
AG
Seguin extended! 8 years, 9.85 mil AAV.
Kashchei
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Seguin extended! 8 years, 9.85 mil AAV.

HALLELUJAH!
reddirtgigem
NOW GO GET KARLSSON!
FWAppraiser
AG
Karlsson was just traded to San Jose.
Here I was thinking Seguin took a discount to provide more cap space for a big trade and we were going to get 2 pieces of great news today. Oh well.

To add insult to injury on that front, doesn't look like SJ is giving up too much. Some spare parts, a 2020 1st rounder, a 2019 2nd rounder, and two conditional picks. The draft picks were probably Nill's hang-up.
Street_Cred_Norm
No, it was Heiskanan and the fact Karlsson wouldn't sign an extension. For some reason they insisted we give them Miro. Oh well, we will be fine.
FWAppraiser
AG
I know they originally wanted Miro, but after seeing what the Sharks gave up, it looks like it could've been done without him. As i understand it, the Stars were making progress with Miro off the table, but the Sharks stepped in with a better offer. I'm pretty sure Nill could have gotten him but probably slow played it a little too much.

I hope we're "fine", but this team is a bubble team unless something else happens. That may very well be solved by a new coach and a few new pieces. But I'm truly surprised Nill didn't do more this offseason. His job rests on this team making the playoffs this year. He's putting a lot of faith in guys stepping up that either haven't shown that ability yet or haven't yet had the chance. He didn't have to go out and get Karlsson, but he should have done more.
AgsAllDay
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

No, it was Heiskanan and the fact Karlsson wouldn't sign an extension. For some reason they insisted we give them Miro. Oh well, we will be fine.
I don't think Miro was ever legitimately on the table. All of the Tampa news, and Cody Glass (VGK), and Heiskanen stuff in the news was OTT trying to drive up the price. But it didnt work, which is why they got what they did. Without an extension guaranteed, it's hard to give up a lot of players/picks, AND spend the money on him.
Out in Left Field
AG
Flyers unveil new mascot...

...Be prepared for nightmare fuel.

Ag 11
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Flyers unveil new mascot...

...Be prepared for nightmare fuel.

Hahaha! Wow, that thing is terrible

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.