NCAA Track & Field Championship Rankings & Predictions

11,271 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oklaunion
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The one-two punch of Brazier & Dixon in the 800 would have been lights out this year but like in baseball and other sports, sometimes athletes have to make choices and although I am in favor of completing a degree plan, I know for some there are other factors to consider.
Really glad that at least some of the injured athletes will be able to return for another go round.
mullokmotx
AG
Surprised to see the sun is out in Eugene today.
TRM
AG
Looks like showers are on the way there.

Gittens still 3rd and Burns is 17th. Gittens is 89 points from 1st and Burns is 132 points from 8th.
Hand Of God
AG
She produced the top mark in today's long jump.
Hand Of God
AG
Gittens still in 3rd after the javelin. 56 points ahead of 4th, 61 ahead of 5th, 101 ahead of 6th.
aggiepublius
AG
I think Gitten is going to have PR in the 800 to stay ahead of 4th place. Gittens' PR is a 2:30 in the 800m and Penn State's Holmberg is a PR 2:19. If they both run close to existing PRs, I think that will give Holmberg about 50 more points for the total.

And she will definitely have to PR to catch either of the women in front of her that are virtually tied point wise - Wisconsin's Ellenwood (PR 2:15) and UGA's Grauvogel (PR 2:19)
Hand Of God
AG
Aggie women place 7th in the 4x100.
aggiepublius
AG
Serena Brown is 4th in the Discus after the end of the first flight.
mullokmotx
AG
The steeplechase winner should have jogged the last 50 if she plans to run the 5k later.
aggiepublius
AG
Absolutely pouring there now.
Hand Of God
AG
Neither Brown or Stevenson final in the TJ.
aggiepublius
AG
The conditions are continuing to give ESPN is having all sorts of trouble with camera positions. They didn't have a single camera showing down the straight away for the 100m final.

And now the grounds crew is out with rollers and squeegees on the high jump.
Hand Of God
AG
Rain could give Serena Brown a better chance of reaching the finals in the discus. Currently 6th with the second flight throwing.

Update: No final for Brown. She didn't even come close to her PB.
Hand Of God
AG
Watson wins the 800!
aggiepublius
AG
Sammy Watson wins the 800m. Fray finishes 8th after taking it out fast.
Hand Of God
AG
Unfortunately, Fray finished 8th. Expected more points from her.
mullokmotx
AG
What a race by the freshman. Feel bad for Fray. It seems like she really has a tough time coming back from a qualifying race.
Hand Of God
AG
Only remaining points left for A&M will come from the heptathalon. Currently in 12th place.
JimInBCS
Sammy has grit. Very tough runner.
Hand Of God
AG
ESPN broadcast just announced the winner of the discuss. The final round hasn't even started.
aggiepublius
AG
Wouldn't surprise me. This coverage and commentary has been horrible.

More worried about the pre-set narrative and not describing what is going on in the race. Or being funny. When the Oregon runner fell in the 400, they didn't even mention it until they were showing the replay.
aggiepublius
AG
And have the wrong team totals as they haven't noticed that the 400m hurdles was under review.
Hand Of God
AG
During they men's coverage, they didn't even mention Georgia as a threat to win the team title.
triniaggie
AG
Stanford could win this championship. Leading the discus and has a good 5000m runner
aggiepublius
AG
Goes back to wanting to set up a duel between two teams/athletes. Because that is what American sports coverage has become.

NBC is the worst at this with their Olympic coverage. It has gotten so bad, I would rather watch the BBC feeds.

This guy is brutal. Doesn't even know the schedule and what is on the track at any one point.
tk for tu juan
Does this announcer know what a hurricane is?
Hand Of God
AG
Wow. Gittens dropped from 3rd to 8th after finishing with the worst 800 time.
aggiepublius
AG
Gittens finishes 8th in overall results. Great showing by a freshman.

Burns finished 14th.
JimInBCS
triniaggie said:

Stanford could win this championship. Leading the discus and has a good 5000m runner

That's right, and I don't think the announcers have any idea that's the case. If their discus (now currently 2nd) and 5K combine for 12 points they'll be sitting pretty good going into the 4x4.
triniaggie
AG
Last round of the discuss the Stanford thrower drop from 1st to 3rd to lose 4 points and now jeopardize their chances. It seems the 4x400 would decide
mullokmotx
AG
Happy for Shaina making nationals in her senior year. I hope the coaches wok to improve Gittens 800 time. A 10 second improvement is achievable and worth about 140 points.
triniaggie
AG
If Kentucky wins the relay and USC end up second. Their will be a three way tie between USC, Kentucky and Stanford.
If USC wins the relay then they are the champions

Didn"t realize Georgia got two points
Hand Of God
AG
Georgia men and women look likely to double.
aggiepublius
AG
I don't think they realized Georgia had a runner in the 5000m and if they win, her 2 pts are going to be what wins it.
mullokmotx
AG
Announcers completely missed the Georgia girl finishing 7th in the 5k and scoring 2 points. If the Stanford girl had held on for 3rd, Stanford would be tied with Georgia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.