***Official 2022 - 2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

143,695 Views | 1911 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by M.C. Swag
awinlonghorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This team not making the playoffs will be one of the biggest collapses in dallas history after the 2011 rangers, 2006 mavs, 2007 cowboys.

Luka is that good.

Kidd not playing Green and Hardy more is mind boggling. Nico got an A for last year. He gets an F this year.

I would have much rather traded for Jakub Poetl and kept DFS and Spencer.
South Platte
awinlonghorn said:

This team not making the playoffs will be one of the biggest collapses in dallas history after the 2011 rangers, 2006 mavs, 2007 cowboys.
2006 Mavs didn't collapse. Now the 2007 Mavs . . . . .
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol what do you mean? The '06 Mavs gave up a 2-0 lead in the finals and lost in 6.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Luka's "body language" is starting to get national attention.

Dude needs to grow the eff up. He is hurting the team and costing games.
dave94
AG
He is not the reason we're losing games. Lol.
zgolfz85
AG
dave94 said:

agree to an extent, but his constant whining for calls and not getting back on defense costs us points every single game. And, with most of our losses coming down to a possession or 2, I'd argue it actually is losing us games.....and I'm the biggest Luka fanboy ever
Ol Jock 99
AG
dave94 said:

How often are the Mavs playing 5-4 because he's whining? It is a lot.

Work the refs when it doesn't impact play. That's part of the game; see Duncan, Lebron, etc etc. But Luka is allowing it to impact play, which is flat unacceptable…even before the mandatory one game suspension kicks in.
dave94
AG
zgolfz85 said:

dave94 said:

agree to an extent, but his constant whining for calls and not getting back on defense costs us points every single game. And, with most of our losses coming down to a possession or 2, I'd argue it actually is losing us games.....and I'm the biggest Luka fanboy ever
I totally get that, and he 100% needs to cut that sh*t out. But for anyone to say that he's the reason we're losing is ridiculous.

He puts his teammates in scoring position after scoring position. The inconsistency of the supporting cast is costing us games.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Re losing games: We have an unreal talent with a highly suspect supporting cast. That means the unreal talent can't be immature. When he is, bad things happen.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The defensive intensity possession to possession for this team leaves a ton to be desired. I do think pouting and getting back late impact that with Luka, and then the general bad body language and lack of energy he exudes when complaining/pouting can be kind of contagious and dull the overall team intensity.
HawthornAggie
AG
dave94 said:

zgolfz85 said:

dave94 said:

I totally get that, and he 100% needs to cut that sh*t out. But for anyone to say that he's the reason we're losing is ridiculous.

He puts his teammates in scoring position after scoring position. The inconsistency of the supporting cast is costing us games.

This. Acting like the complainants are the sole reason we lose games is completely ignoring everything else that goes on during games.
zgolfz85
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

dave94 said:

How often are the Mavs playing 5-4 because he's whining? It is a lot.

Work the refs when it doesn't impact play. That's part of the game; see Duncan, Lebron, etc etc. But Luka is allowing it to impact play, which is flat unacceptable…even before the mandatory one game suspension kicks in.

Yep, spot on
zgolfz85
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The defensive intensity possession to possession for this team leaves a ton to be desired. I do think pouting and getting back late impact that with Luka, and then the general bad body language and lack of energy he exudes when complaining/pouting can be kind of contagious and dull the overall team intensity.

Yep, he's the leader and he's the biggest baby on the entire roster. The other guys are going to follow his lead. It also impacts us on offense because a lot of times he carries the whining over to another possession, which rules out any ability to run up the floor and catch the other team sleeping. That's a knock on Luka in general. We have a supporting cast that can put up a lot of points with run and gun and he just continues to slow down and sleep near center court waiting for a pass back.

Tldr, Luka is annoying lately…and I love Luka
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right, I love the guy too. Dude is a freak this league has rarely seen and their real issues are with the supporting cast, not him. But I absolutely do think he's exacerbating some of those issues, particularly defensively
Goldie Wilson
That 20 point lead is quickly vanishing
Infection_Ag11
AG
Luka and Kyrie combining for 80 points
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Why is Kleber on the floor in that spot coming out of a timeout? You know they're going to foul.
gigem1223
Unexpected W. Hopefully they can build off this.
FTAco07
AG
Didn't get to watch, but what a wild box score. 52% from 3 as a team with 44 shots between Luka and Kyrie. I'll take that!
Seven Costanza
AG
Hubie Brown is 89 and still calling games.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dammit Luka

Booker is such a bich. Where were you in the playoffs, bich?
HawthornAggie
AG
Not a shot he misses often there but a brutal miss unfortunately at the end of the game. May have been surprised how much open space he had after the bump.
Tobias Funke
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Dammit Luka

Uh as an impartial observer of this game, that was all Luka. Booker was telling the ref ge missed an offensive foul (which you could argue he did) and Luka just lost his cool because 1) he hates booker and 2) he just missed an easy layup.

I don't think that should've even been a double tech.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I posted before the replay. Agree that one was Luka. However Booker is still a bich ass bich
Tobias Funke
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I posted before the replay. Agree that one was Luka. However Booker is still a bich ass bich

I think that's probably correct
PatAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Dammit Luka

Uh as an impartial observer of this game, that was all Luka. Booker was telling the ref ge missed an offensive foul (which you could argue he did) and Luka just lost his cool because 1) he hates booker and 2) he just missed an easy layup.

I don't think that should've even been a double tech.
Booker sucks
dave94
AG
Way too close against a depleted Jazz team, but I'll take that win. Kyrie is so damn clutch!
Iowaggie
AG
TDub
AG
Iowaggie said:

"I'm him"
zgolfz85
AG
Luka Donovic
shack009
AG
Gonna need the Kyler Murray clause in Luka's next contract.
zgolfz85
AG
Beth mowin and Doris Burke on the call, wild
HockeyAg07
AG
Stars fan checking in here. I told my dad I'd take him to a mavs game for his birthday. I'm used to stars ticket prices. Y'all know any tricks to scoring not-nosebleeds for less than half a leg? I'm not against spending a 100-150 bucks a ticket, but from what I see that doesn't really get you anywhere but upper deck at the aac for mavs. Thoughts/tips? Tia.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Weeknight, buy day of.
Iowaggie
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Weeknight, buy day of.

Best bet for remaining home games:
Monday 3/13 v Memphis (No Ja Morant)
Wed 4/5 v Sacramento

The remaining home games are Friday or Sunday or premium opponent (Warriors)

ETA: the other benefit of buying day of game is you avoid nights like tonight in Memphis, but could be any NBA city: No Luka, no Ja Morant, no Kyrie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.