***Official 2022 - 2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

143,457 Views | 1911 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by M.C. Swag
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hph6203 said:

Keith van Horn later was used as an "I retired but not really" sign and trade to match salaries in the Jason Kidd trade when Devean George said "**** New Jersey, I will not go!" That refusal led to the gap where Stackhouse said he'd return to the Mavericks.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
How we feeling about tonight's game? Placed a ML bet on the Mavs at +155, basically blind. All I know is that Luka is back.
MW03
AG

dave94
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

How we feeling about tonight's game? Placed a ML bet on the Mavs at +155, basically blind. All I know is that Luka is back.

Ummm….

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Well **** me.
FTAco07
AG
I haven't been paying much attention to other teams this year. When and how did Sacramento get good?
mavsfan4ever
AG
They are the best NBA League Pass team to watch in the league. A lot of fun to watch (mainly bc of Fox but their other guards are good and fun to watch as well). I guess the Halliburton trade for sabonis trade has worked out bc they are having a good year but they'd be scary good with Halliburton.

Getting Huerter from Atlanta was also a good offseason move. and Keegan Murray is a good looking rookie. They have tons of depth.
TDub
AG
It's so refreshing to have another star on this team. Used to thing any game without Luka was an automatic L
mavsfan4ever
AG
I seriously kinda want Luka to be out and rest a week or two bc when Luka comes back bc he will likely really slow the tempo down and this is so fun to watch with this tempo. Kyrie never keeps the ball for more than like 2 seconds annd loves to push the ball on the break, annd Luka does neither of those. All of our young guys have to be having a blast playing like this.

I know we will eventually need Luka but it's so refreshing to see this team play with a fast pace and to see such great ball movement rather than one player just pounding the rock every possession. Kidd needs to stress to Luka that we need to keep some of this pace and ball movement when he comes back.
Ol Jock 99
AG
2 underdog victories without Luka...seems good.
ChoppinDs40
AG
There will be lots of Luka boards and outlet passes to Kyrie and Green running the floor for fast break. And then Luka can jog down and knock down a 3 if it doesn't work out
shack009
AG
Another good Hardy game. Only 1 turnover in 20 minutes.
shack009
AG
Team had 41 in the first quarter on Wednesday, then had 18 turnovers in the final three quarters, allowing the large early lead to shrivel to 1.

Today they scored 45 in the first, had 9 turnovers for the game, and the early lead pretty much held up the whole way.

Love the improvement.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I am a genius.
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

I seriously kinda want Luka to be out and rest a week or two bc when Luka comes back bc he will likely really slow the tempo down and this is so fun to watch with this tempo. Kyrie never keeps the ball for more than like 2 seconds annd loves to push the ball on the break, annd Luka does neither of those. All of our young guys have to be having a blast playing like this.

I know we will eventually need Luka but it's so refreshing to see this team play with a fast pace and to see such great ball movement rather than one player just pounding the rock every possession. Kidd needs to stress to Luka that we need to keep some of this pace and ball movement when he comes back.
All star break coming at a good time in my opinion. Can let luka heal, Kyrie learn the system, and get everyone acclimated to their new roles.
shack009
AG
Mavs 1 point dogs tonight. Strange considering we just won with not the best Kyrie scoring game last night and reports that Luka will be back tonight. Third game in 4 nights for both teams.
shack009
AG
I should say the most efficient Kyrie night from the field. Went 5/14 from the field but 12/12 from the line for 25 points.
Zachary Klement
AG
zgolfz85
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Apparently it's us and the suns going after him, hope we land him to get another wing
shack009
AG
Dude can heat up faster than THJ. Pretty similar player. Would love that offense off the bench.
Zachary Klement
AG
shack009
AG
Just looked up his defensive rating and it's over 117. Love it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Why hasn't he played since January?
Guitarsoup
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Why hasn't he played since January?
Knee contusion.
Guitarsoup
AG
shack009 said:

Just looked up his defensive rating and it's over 117. Love it.
He at least moves around. He doesn't just watch like Harden.

But he is a guy that you hope has a hot hand. Bring him in off the bench and he either goes 0-3 from three or 7-9. Either way, you know what you get. If he's cold, you just sit him back down and hope he has the hot hand tomorrow.
Grapesoda2525
zgolfz85 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Apparently it's us and the suns going after him, hope we land him to get another wing
I think the suns are getting Reggie Jackson, so Ross should come here.
Guitarsoup
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Zachary Klement said:

I think the suns are getting Reggie Jackson, so Ross should come here.
Man, Suns are scary [if healthy]

C: Ayton/Jocko/Bismark
PF: Durant/Baizley
SF: Torrey Craig/Damion Lee
SG: Booker/Shamet
PG: Paul/Payne/Jackson

Payne will probably do a lot of PG minutes if Jackson comes, especially with Shamet out.
shack009
AG

Must watch TV tonight.
Zachary Klement
AG
A Fightin' Texas Aggie win, then the Luka-Kyrie debut? Yes, please.
Spaceship
AG
Is the game tonight on TV or on Bally's?
shack009
AG
Spaceship said:

I don't see it listed on any national channels.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Spaceship said:

Bally
shack009
AG
Luka wearing the sleeveless shirt under the jersey like Kyrie always has.
shack009
AG
Kyrie suns out with 4:45 left in the 1st. I suppose this will be the typical sub pattern.

Only a couple stagnant Luka possessions but the ball moved and it was good offense with both on the court.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.