Trump indicted over classified documents

208,664 Views | 3433 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by will25u
Foreverconservative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiamiHopper said:

So all of the investigations of the investigators missed this part?

No and it's well documented in the Mueller thread .

They had a Stingray stationed across the street from Trump Tower for years. They not only two stepped a FISA via Carter Page and Paul Manafort they had the FVEY on the surveillance work as well via the GCHQ and the AISE.

Pay better attention to details instead of committing nonsense
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Line Ate Member
AG
nortex97 said:

WOW.

This has been political propaganda the whole time. Planned from the White House/J Edgar Hoover building entirely.
Wasn't TexAgs and others on this from the start? The filing didn't match what would have been in a presidential filing?

From my understanding, from my viewpoint of a small town country bumpkin, the different filing folders would be similar to the different pieces of copy paper when you sign documents: this person gets the white copy, this person the pink and I get the yellow?
MiamiHopper
Foreverconservative said:

MiamiHopper said:

They had a Stingray stationed across the street from Trump Tower for years. They not only two stepped a FISA via Carter Page and Paul Manafort they had the FVEY on the surveillance work as well via the GCHQ and the AISE.

I am not familiar with the Mueller thread here. When I search Google for Stingray + "Trump Tower" I did find that such a device was used to locate Michael Cohen before he got raided in 2018. I think that had more to do with the current proceedings today in NY than it had to do with the Russia investigation.

I think your reference to two-hop rule is misplaced as it relates to the Carter Page FISA warrants. The two-hop rule was specific to an NSA metadata program under Section 215 that does not apply to the regular FISA applications.
Foreverconservative
MiamiHopper said:

MiamiHopper said:

I am not familiar with the Mueller thread here. When I search Google for Stingray + "Trump Tower" I did find that such a device was used to locate Michael Cohen before he got raided in 2018. I think that had more to do with the current proceedings today in NY than it had to do with the Russia investigation.

I think your reference to two-hop rule is misplaced as it relates to the Carter Page FISA warrants. The two-hop rule was specific to an NSA metadata program under Section 215 that does not apply to the regular FISA applications.

You just provided absolute truth to my original response

To say you're unaware of the Mueller thread that is on page one currently and is one of the longest running threads in TexAgs history is amazing

You no clue what you're talking about
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Tramp96

If the VP is such a VIP, then maybe we should put the PC on the QT, cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA at which point we would all be put on KP.
DeSantis 2024
MiamiHopper
" To say you're unaware of the Mueller thread that is on page one currently and is one of the longest running threads in TexAgs history is amazing"

I'm relatively new here so I have not followed that thread. I'm not about to read through a 49k post thread to look up what you are talking about. Feel free to post a link to this Stingray stuff that you are referencing.
VegasAg86
AG
MiamiHopper said:

The alphabets were spying on the investigators.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2024/05/05/peak-mueller-doj-concealing-legal-predicate-to-investigate-congressional-staff-in-2017/
Foreverconservative
MiamiHopper said:

" To say you're unaware of the Mueller thread that is on page one currently and is one of the longest running threads in TexAgs history is amazing"

I'm relatively new here so I have not followed that thread. I'm not about to read through a 49k post thread to look up what you are talking about. Feel free to post a link to this Stingray stuff that you are referencing.

Papi always said " Por qu ves a una persona estpida cavando su agujero de estupidez mas profundo no les detenga darles una pala mas grande"

So carry on carnale

aggiehawg
AG

Way to go, Jack. Torpedoed your own case again.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
LMFAO. That case is now officially torpedoed from a political value standpoint.

Now it's just a matter of seeing whether Jack Smith and the Biden administration really want to drive all the way to the Hamptons to show the judge the house they bought.
captkirk
AG
Rockdoc
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Now it's just a matter of seeing whether Jack Smith and the Biden administration really want to drive all the way to the Hamptons to show the judge the house they bought.

And the 2 horses
aggiehawg
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

And this was all so predictable even expected with CIPA cases. There are always many pretrial delays because these evidentiary matters are front loaded well before any trial can be held. If time was of the essence, he didn't leave himself enough runway to get there on that timetable.
Rapier108
We'll see if the DOJ tries to get Judge Cannon removed from the case.

Don't put anything past them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Artorias
AG
Another bull**** lawfare case falling apart. You hate to see it.
rausr
AG
will25u

Artorias
AG
Cannon be like...

aggiehawg
AG
That hearing on the scope of the prosecution team is going to leave a mark, if not draw blood.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So much gold. "I'm new around these parts" and using Google to ground truth potentially fair articles about anything to do with Trump.

Keef, you are consistent.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
nortex97
AG

Sorry Jack, no soup for you.
Prosperdick
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

So much gold. "I'm new around these parts" and using Google to ground truth potentially fair articles about anything to do with Trump.

I'm surprised he didn't cite snopes as his source.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
nortex97 said:

Fingers crossed.
This
BMX Bandit
Lots of outrage from the left about Cannon being in the tank for Trump.

Now they know how Trump feels about Merchan, Chutkan and Kaplan

For those curious about a mandamus to 11th circuit, that court could in theory tell her to set a trial date, but DOJ knows that's a worthless effort as 11th will best case scenario just say "set a date". They aren't going to force it before election.

This is also not remotely close to being a basis for removal of cannon as judge.
jagvocate
AG
And as long as the District Judge sets a hearing schedule and diligently addresses the pretrial motions filed, they can't really find abuse / grounds for a mandamus.

I love the concept of her "Costnza-ing" Jack Smith all the way to the Hamptons

bobbranco
AG
Prosperdick said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I'm surprised he didn't cite snopes as his source.
Was waiting for the steamy romance novel recs.
LGBFJB
AG

This is absolutely comical reporting from the most trusted name in news!
captkirk
AG

Quote:

They will again accuse her of being in the tank for Trump
Shouldn't a judge always seek to protect a defendant from malfeasance by the State? Innocent until proven guilty and whatnot.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Lots of outrage from the left about Cannon being in the tank for Trump.

Now they know how Trump feels about Merchan, Chutkan and Kaplan

For those curious about a mandamus to 11th circuit, that court could in theory tell her to set a trial date, but DOJ knows that's a worthless effort as 11th will best case scenario just say "set a date". They aren't going to force it before election.

This is also not remotely close to being a basis for removal of cannon as judge.
exactly this. 11th Cir. may indeed say "set a date" but they'd never be so paternalistic to a district judge as to intrude on a calendar.
Reality Check
captkirk said:

Quote:

They will again accuse her of being in the tank for Trump
Shouldn't a judge always seek to protect a defendant from malfeasance by the State? Innocent until proven guilty and whatnot.

Bruh… it's Trump. Constitution n **** don't play here.
How do I get a Longhorn tag?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

NPR running interference by launching investigation of Cannon over alleged undeclared trips to judicial conference in Montana.

Hijacks the narrative for the upcoming week and we'll hear demands for recusal.

How bad is it when you got to call in Mary Louise Kelly to get a lick in on Cannon?

Rockdoc
AG
Ahhh…the stink of desperation.
nortex97
AG
This post I am typing has just as much impact on judge Cannon's possible/mythologized removal as any petition.
aggiehawg
AG
As I have been saying over and over, any delay is all on Smith.

Turley:
Quote:

While pundits, politicians and the press have long expressed outrage over attacks on judges by former President Donald Trump, many are now attacking any judge who delays any trial of Trump before the election. Democrats have accused Judge Aileen Cannon of being politically compromised, if not conspiratorial, in her delay of the Florida trial over the mishandling of classified documents. Yet, there is ample reason for the delay that many of us anticipated in this type of case when it was filed.

For months, many of us have said that we doubt that this type of trial could be held on the rapid schedule demanded by Special Counsel Jake Smith. Smith has repeatedly sought to curtail trial review and even appellate rights of Trump to advance his schedule.

His office has made convicting Trump before the election the overriding objective of its motion a sharp departure from past Justice Department efforts to avoid trials to influence elections.
Quote:

As a criminal defense counsel, I have handled classified material cases and they are notoriously slow. Smith could have prosecuted this case in the shorter time frame if he simply charged obstruction. That would have also eliminated the glaring contrast with the handling of the Biden investigation into the current president's retention and mishandling of classified material.

Smith decided to charge an array of document charges related to classified material. The defense must have access, review, and can appeal issues related to the classified procedures. Yet, Smith wanted both the array of document charges and a fast track to trial. The Supreme Court has agreed with Cannon that Smith's desire to secure a conviction before the election is not the overriding consideration.

Judge Cannon is faced with recent admissions that the government mixed up files in the boxes and staged the famous photos of documents strewn over a floor with classified jackets. Most importantly, disputes over the relevant documents continues as expected in the case.

Nevertheless, leading democrats are denouncing Cannon as a partisan hack.
LINK
aggiehawg
AG
Chaos grenade, pin pulled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.