Trump indicted over classified documents

214,472 Views | 3469 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by aggiehawg
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

You can apologize when you are ready.

Call your elected official and demand it!
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

You can apologize when you are ready.

Call your elected official and demand it!

Done.

What do you do for the sake of the Country and law and order?

Troll TexAgs?
What did your elected official say when you told him you demand that "Im Gipper" apologize to you?
BudFox7
No chance this starts in august.
BMX Bandit
The government already filed motion to move trial to December. Trump also wants trial moved, but didn't agree to December. I believe his deadline is today to file response saying when he wants trial. It was never going to be august.

On another note, I'm calling Ted Cruz office today. I want to make sure we are all on the same page, so let me know the verbiage to use on this demand that someone in congress get charges dropped and force an apology. Thanks guys. Remember, you are dumb if you don't do this. According to "non-troll" that also says Trump should be on Mount Rushmore and may be back in office before end of 2024.
Charpie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

The government already filed motion to move trial to December. Trump also wants trial moved, but didn't agree to December. I believe his deadline is today to file response saying when he wants trial. It was never going to be august.

On another note, I'm calling Ted Cruz office today. I want to make sure we are all on the same page, so let me know the verbiage to use on this demand that someone in congress get charges dropped and force an apology. Thanks guys. Remember, you are dumb if you don't do this. According to "non-troll" that also says Trump should be on Mount Rushmore and may be back in office before end of 2024.
fka ftc
Man, some people just love to hate on Trump.

Let me know when he's locked up and you guys finally got em.

Meanwhile, there is our Country's future at stake. You can ad hom at me and poke fun all want. Only I'll be the one laughing all the way.

Trump is the next POTUS, the Monuments Garden will be built, and I have contacted the Kira's family about what would be needed to get started on the Trump bust.

Jokes on you guys, not me. Keep following the case if it gives you joy, but it's more sham justice than an episode of The People's Court.
Ags77
AG
fka ftc said:

Man, some people just love to hate on Trump.

Let me know when he's locked up and you guys finally got em.

Meanwhile, there is our Country's future at stake. You can ad hom at me and poke fun all want. Only I'll be the one laughing all the way.

Trump is the next POTUS, the Monuments Garden will be built, and I have contacted the Kira's family about what would be needed to get started on the Trump bust.

Jokes on you guys, not me. Keep following the case if it gives you joy, but it's more sham justice than an episode of The People's Court.

Lol.. thx I needed that
J. Walter Weatherman
fka ftc said:

.Trump is the next POTUS, the Monuments Garden will be built, and I have contacted the Kira's family about what would be needed to get started on the Trump bust.

The sad/hilarious part is I'm not sure if this is serious or not.
HTownAg98
Who here actually thinks he's going to be locked up? I think most here are of the mind that it never makes it to trial, he'll be found not guilty, or he get some kind of probation.

To you comment about the gag order, here's what is actually covered related to the documents being produced. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/27/united-states-v-trump/ And if this was such a bad 1A issue, you would think Trump's attorneys would be fighting this tooth and nail. From the motion requesting the protective order:

Quote:

The government respectfully moves pursuant to Fed. R. Crim. P. 16(d)(1) for entry of a proposed Protective Order to govern discovery in this case. The government has conferred with counsel for Defendant Donald J. Trump and Defendant Waltine Nauta, who have no objections to this motion or the protective order.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/23/united-states-v-trump/
Seems they don't think this is a big deal.
Ags77
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Who here actually thinks he's going to be locked up? I think most here are of the mind that it never makes it to trial, he'll be found not guilty, or he get some kind of probation.

To you comment about the gag order, here's what is actually covered related to the documents being produced. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/27/united-states-v-trump/ And if this was such a bad 1A issue, you would think Trump's attorneys would be fighting this tooth and nail. From the motion requesting the protective order:

Quote:

The government respectfully moves pursuant to Fed. R. Crim. P. 16(d)(1) for entry of a proposed Protective Order to govern discovery in this case. The government has conferred with counsel for Defendant Donald J. Trump and Defendant Waltine Nauta, who have no objections to this motion or the protective order.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/23/united-states-v-trump/
Seems they don't think this is a big deal.

I don't think Trump is ever locked up. But a couple convictions might help DeSantis ? Or maybe not.

DeSantis 2024
fka ftc
Again, it's not about the ins and outs and the legalease and maneuvering pretrial, trial, etc.

The whole ****ing thing is a sham that would make the Salem Witch trials look like the epitome of justice.

So, since it's all just a **** show, might as well have fun with it.

I have plenty of times stated my legal take. The DOJ and WH colluded with the NARA to take a normal process of document storage / review post presidency and turn it into a dispute which at worst should have been only civil in nature and butt feckit to the point of *******izing things to make up a criminal violation then mislead the public on subpoenas, that Trump would not respond, that hoards of documents containing nuclear codes were stored in unlocked bathrooms of the golf club and that all that means Trump can n ER be trusted or ever be POTUS.

Now, if you want to go with that, have at it. I am just saying it's all a **** show to persecute a political opponent and NO ONE should be supporting or cheering it on.

Got all that? Cause my pint is empty and I have things to do.
Ag with kids
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

fka ftc said:

.Trump is the next POTUS, the Monuments Garden will be built, and I have contacted the Kira's family about what would be needed to get started on the Trump bust.

The sad/hilarious part is I'm not sure if this is serious or not.
More and more I'm getting a mfb feeling...
HTownAg98
fka ftc said:

Again, it's not about the ins and outs and the legalease and maneuvering pretrial, trial, etc.

The whole ****ing thing is a sham that would make the Salem Witch trials look like the epitome of justice.

So, since it's all just a **** show, might as well have fun with it.

I have plenty of times stated my legal take. The DOJ and WH colluded with the NARA to take a normal process of document storage / review post presidency and turn it into a dispute which at worst should have been only civil in nature and butt feckit to the point of *******izing things to make up a criminal violation then mislead the public on subpoenas, that Trump would not respond, that hoards of documents containing nuclear codes were stored in unlocked bathrooms of the golf club and that all that means Trump can n ER be trusted or ever be POTUS.

Now, if you want to go with that, have at it. I am just saying it's all a **** show to persecute a political opponent and NO ONE should be supporting or cheering it on.

Got all that? Cause my pint is empty and I have things to do.
No one colluded with NARA. The law states that the documents become property of the National Archives the second the President leaves office. All of the document sorting is supposed to be completed prior to leaving office. For whatever reason, that didn't happen with Trump, or it was done so haphazardly that things didn't get turned over that should have. There have been countless time where Presidents have found documents and turned them over (see Pence and Biden most recently), and nothing has happened, primarily because they realize a President produces tons of documents and things will inadvertently get mixed up. At most, they've done an investigation to figure out why and how it happened. In fact, Trump was not charged with anything he had turned over in previous requests from the National Archives to give them back. It was the repeated attempts to withhold documents by Trump when he was asked nicely to give them back that finally escalated things.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

All of the document sorting is supposed to be completed prior to leaving office.
So the GSA and the White House Office of Records Management were not doing their jobs?
boboguitar
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

All of the document sorting is supposed to be completed prior to leaving office.
So the GSA and the White House Office of Records Management were not doing their jobs?

Even if they didn't, Trump purposely tried to hide classified documents AFTER they were requested to him and AFTER they were subpoenaed for as well.
HTownAg98
Or, no one within the Trump administration decided to pick up the phone and see what all needed to be done. That seems like the more plausible explanation given the ****show that was happening subsequent to the election.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Even if they didn't, Trump purposely tried to hide classified documents AFTER they were requested to him and AFTER they were subpoenaed for as well.
That is not what the newly unredacted portions of the probable cause affidavit says. Trump was cooperating with not one but two separate grand jury subpoenas. His counsel agreed to accept service and then negotiated an extension of time for further review to turn over anymore documents they located. But Bratt reneged on the deal and the raid was on, instead.

BTW, a mutally agreed to extension of time to comply does not constitute obstruction of justice but Bratt claimed that anyway, just redacted those portions from the affidavit. Magistrate Reinhart has now approved the release of those while still keeping other portions of the affidavit under seal.

The question is why?
aggiehawg
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Or, no one within the Trump administration decided to pick up the phone and see what all needed to be done. That seems like the more plausible explanation given the ****show that was happening subsequent to the election.
Now that is pretty disingenuous. The guy running the Office of Records Management at the WH has been there for nearly 2 decades. I would think he knows what he is supposed to do, wouldn't you? It is his job to keep track of all of those documents.
TXAggie2011
AG
It is well documented the Trump White House was unprepared to leave office, either through incompetency or an unwillingness to prepare.

However, it cannot be said enough that we're here because, according to the indictment, Trump purposefully wasn't giving back documents that weren't his to have. Nothing about the criminal case is predicated on a simple accident or even just sloppiness.

And yes, of course, Trump should and will get his day in court to try to show otherwise.
fasthorse05
Sometime back, maybe two years ago, I made a comment about Louis Freeh possibly being the last honest FBI chief we've had.

Fairly quickly you told me it's entirely possible Freeh wasn't all that clean.

It's been pretty interesting watching his name pop up in relation the Biden fiasco. For Freeh to hand over $100k to the Biden campaign was almost certainly for future business. However, I wasn't anywhere NEAR as educated about the workings of our government as I am now, and certainly didn't pay attention to Freeh's actions and behavior.

Bottom line, thanks for the heads up years ago. It'll be amazing if Freeh ends up being "one-eye"!
aggiehawg
AG

aggiehawg
AG
Yes it's wiki but go to the criticisms section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Freeh#Criticism
TXAggie2011
AG
It's long been known the Trump team returned things in regards to subpoenas. That's not new.

The issue is that the affidavit continues on to say, after all those bits that person is quoting, that a Trump attorney certified they had returned "any and all" relevant documents. That was in the originally released affidavit. However, it appears the certification wasn't true because they found relevant documents after the fact during their search at Mar-A-Lago.

(And the affidavit, of course, lays out other reasons why DOJ/FBI thought there were still additional NDI/classified documents at Mar-A-Lago even after the subpoena response.)
Ag with kids
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

It's long been known the Trump team returned things in regards to subpoenas. That's not new.

The issue is that the affidavit continues on to say, after all those bits that person is quoting, that a Trump attorney certified they had returned "any and all" relevant documents. That was in the originally released affidavit. However, it appears the certification wasn't true because they found relevant documents after the fact during their search at Mar-A-Lago.

(And the affidavit, of course, lays out other reasons why DOJ/FBI thought there were still additional NDI/classified documents at Mar-A-Lago even after the subpoena response.)
Why would those parts be redacted? They seem benign - nothing confidential in them...
Stat Monitor Repairman
Redactions.
Sealed Filings
Gag Orders
Secreted Evidence
Sealed Docket Entries

Just how serious is this case?

aggiehawg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Redactions.
Sealed Filings
Gag Orders
Secreted Evidence
Sealed Docket Entries

If it were a serious espionage case, it would be conducted under CIPA. And everything would be sealed, courtroom closed to the public, etc.

Take that FWIW.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Redactions.
Sealed Filings
Gag Orders
Secreted Evidence
Sealed Docket Entries

If it were a serious espionage case, it would be conducted under CIPA. And everything would be sealed, courtroom closed to the public, etc.

Take that FWIW.
This case is being conducted under CIPA. The first CIPA conference is set for July 14, although I want to say Nauta's council has asked to postpone it.
fka ftc
It's funny as heck watching people defending the DOJ-WH Counsel-NARA-OrangeManBad conspiracy.

Just look at what you did ignore from Hawg in order to defend the DOJ.

Laughable. And sad. Time to wake up sheepies. You might as well vote Biden 2024 with the logic displayed in the above posts.
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

Redactions.
Sealed Filings
Gag Orders
Secreted Evidence
Sealed Docket Entries

Take that FWIW.
This case is being conducted under CIPA. The first CIPA conference is set for July 14, although I want to say Nauta's council has asked to postpone it.
I meant it would have been immediately requested to proceed under CIPA the moment the indictment was made public.
Stat Monitor Repairman

33-years later this man would be under a 37-count indictment for ESPIONAGE against the United States.

What a time to be alive baby! Wow!
ShaggySLC

33-years later this man would be under a 37-count indictment for ESPIONAGE against the United States.

What a time to be alive baby! Wow!
He pissed off the establishment and their followers real bad. Every American from the millionaire class down should be realizing by now that they're ****ed. Get it line or pay the price. Wonder if this is what 30s Germany felt like?
Fido04
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
ShaggySLC
TXAggie2011 said:

They're mad because Trump is playing their card?
fka ftc
When Trump declared so early it should have been absolutely clear to everyone the strategy was to primarily be able to raise money for defense costs AND to push any potential trials out as far as possible.

Yet people still think Trump just haphazardly plods along, rogue, reckless with no strategy whatsoever. Always makes me chuckle when people underestimate the GOAT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.