Trump indicted over classified documents

208,674 Views | 3433 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by will25u
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Listen closely and you will hear the first cries of new strict constructionists being born.
Maroon Dawn
AG
eric76 said:

fka ftc said:

You have repeatedly advocated for the violation of Trump's rights under the Constitution, so I hardly think you are the one to now draw the line of following it word by word when it comes to SCOTUS original jurisdiction.

You right, it does say a lot about someone when they pick and choose who gets what rights under the Constitution.
Bull*****

Trump has the same rights as any other citizen. No more. No less.

Please

We've all listened to your endless ad nauseam TDS over the years and how you support any run around the Constitution that Dems want to finally try and get him this time

So just stop
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The proper way to give original jurisdiction to the Supreme Court is by amending the Constitution to explicitly permit it.
A court has the inherent authority to determine the jurisdiction of the cases that come before it.

The US Supreme Court has plenary authority to determine jurisdiction of the cases that come before it.
fka ftc
Dersh was interesting this morning on FNC's MediaBuzz. He was calling for congress to appoint a special counsel to look at all the cases together, so Biden, Pence, Obama, HRC, Trump, Sandy Berger, Petraeus...

Essentially arguing that its improper to look at this on a case by case basis given the huge political stakes and blatantly disparate treatment of Trump v the others.

This sort of falls in with my hairbrain notion that SCOTUS would punt to Congress and tell them to clean up the classification process, information sharing process and record retention process.
Stat Monitor Repairman
When the case of US v Donald Trump finally makes its way to the US Supreme Court, how many times will the draft opinion be leaked?
TyHolden
AG
fka ftc
Don't give Biden any ideas. I could see him ordering a drone strike on Bedminster.

The Dems are really that deranged these days. Not a joke man.
aggiehawg
AG
I wish Barr would just shut up already. Now he's predicting Jan 6th charges are coming.

Quote:

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation" that he now believes former President Donald Trump will face charges over the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.

Co-host Robert Costa said, "Trump was indicted and arraigned in the records case. Do you believe is a target, potentially in the January 6 case?

Barr said, "Yes. And, by the way, I defended him on cases that I think are unfair, like the one up in New York and so forth. I think the January 6 case will be a hard case to make because of First Amendment interest. But I am actually beginning to think they will pull the trigger on that. I would expect it to be this summer."

He added, "Because of the First Amendment interests, we don't want to get in a position where people can't complain about an election."

Barr concluded, "I am more skeptical of that case but I think it is likely it will be brought."
LINK
RGLAG85
AG
aggiehawg said:

I wish Barr would just shut up already. Now he's predicting Jan 6th charges are coming.

Quote:

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation" that he now believes former President Donald Trump will face charges over the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.

Co-host Robert Costa said, "Trump was indicted and arraigned in the records case. Do you believe is a target, potentially in the January 6 case?

Barr said, "Yes. And, by the way, I defended him on cases that I think are unfair, like the one up in New York and so forth. I think the January 6 case will be a hard case to make because of First Amendment interest. But I am actually beginning to think they will pull the trigger on that. I would expect it to be this summer."

He added, "Because of the First Amendment interests, we don't want to get in a position where people can't complain about an election."

Barr concluded, "I am more skeptical of that case but I think it is likely it will be brought."
LINK
And he's not wrong. They are throwing everything at Trump, not because they want him to be the nominee like our new group of psyops CM's and rinos think with their demoralized lackey's, the do not want him to be the Republican nominee.
Stat Monitor Repairman
All cases filed against Donald J. Trump where the United States is a party shall be consolidated and brought before the Supreme Court of the United States.

How's that for a draft constitutional amendment? Are you onboard?
richardag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK
Unfortunately, he is probably correct. I don't believe he is in favor of nor believes that President Trump did anything to warrant charges, but yes he should keep out of this bs or at least more clearly state President Trump did nothing illegal.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
fka ftc
I mean, current POTUS said he will not let Trump be elected.

By "legitimate efforts of our Constitution" he means violating Trump's 1st Amendment right (Jan 6th), his 5th Amendment right to due process his 6th Amendment rights (for counsel M-A-L raid), and his 14th Amendment right to equal protection under the law.

Those who voted for Biden voted proactively for the destruction of our Country and support taking a giant defecation on the US Constitution.
Quote:

When asked at a post-midterms press conference how other world leaders should view this moment for America, with Trump potentially running for the presidency again, Biden said he will make sure Trump doesn't take power.

"We just have to demonstrate that he will not take power if he does run, making sure he under legitimate efforts of our Constitution does not become the next president again," Biden said.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Unfortunately, he is probably correct. I don't believe he is in favor of nor believes that President Trump did anything to warrant charges, but yes he should keep out of this bs or at least more clearly state President Trump did nothing illegal.
And if he has to comment at all about Trump and Jan 6t, he should ask whether the people at twitter who took down his tweet denouncing the violence and asking for people to go home as potentially criminal. There is no 1st amendment right to delete speech, as twitter did.
AgLiving06
RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK
And he's not wrong. They are throwing everything at Trump, not because they want him to be the nominee like our new group of psyops CM's and rinos think with their demoralized lackey's, the do not want him to be the Republican nominee.

This is actually why if Trump was smart, he'd have played king maker instead of trying to be king again. Someone like DeSantis, backed by Trump would have been a phenomenal 1-2 combo that holds the republican party together + brings in the independents who don't want to vote for Biden or Trump.

But of course, Trump doesn't want to see the big picture and can't accept he lost to Biden and thinks the result will be better this time.
Daddy
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Ags77 said:

As I said quite awhile ago, imo, this won't be the last indictment trump gets. I believe he will be indicted in Georgia, also.

Now convictions, that's a whole nother story .

He won't be convicted.

That's not the point.

The point is

1) create a massive distraction from Bidens crimes

2) make him a martyr of the right to ensure he wins the nominations

3, wait 4 legged stool

A deflect from Biden crimes
B deflect from the state of the nation

C most important, desperate to prevent trump from getting back into n office

Oh here's the kicker. The so-called classified information is the evidence that's going to do them all in and they want it back. He's got their asses.

D everyone who isn't voting for trump better get on the train, it's obvious if you have an inkling of wisdom the evil ones are scared and he's got them on the run.

Remember, Joseph had to be arrested to get to the position next to the pharaoh.

Jesus had to get arrested to be able to conquer death
(Not equating anything to our savior but to the act)

David had to be in the run from saul for years before he was the king even though he was annointed as king

Orangeman is annointed and is the rightful president

It's only a matter of time

I don't believe it will be the 2024 election. It will be before then because we know the imposter is on office.

More and more evidence will drop and be prepared the evidence is going to be ugly

Pay offs, bribes, pay for play. Sure
Covid hoax produced as a bio weapon, sure
Media collision? Yes
FBI, CIA, social media, conspiracy, yes
Hollywood and big corp collusion as well as
Sex trafficking, sure.
Big pharma aka big sorcery, yes. Killing humans
Big corp involved in pedophilia
Election fraud, absolutely
Child sacrifice, yes

Satanic worship, yes, even that....
Trans movement is part of that

What are people going to say when they find out people like Hillary Clinton drink adrenochrome, blood of children who are sacrificed ?

Nothing will stop God moving in this time to restore this country and the world

If not, then it's the end of days and Christ bride isn't happening. I don't believe this is the bride Jesus Yeshuq comes back for.

The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
fka ftc
AgLiving06 said:

This is actually why if Trump was smart, he'd have played king maker instead of trying to be king again. Someone like DeSantis, backed by Trump would have been a phenomenal 1-2 combo that holds the republican party together + brings in the independents who don't want to vote for Biden or Trump.

But of course, Trump doesn't want to see the big picture and can't accept he lost to Biden and thinks the result will be better this time.
Pretty sure Trump can see the big picture.

And I also have issues accepting an L when the game was rigged.
RGLAG85
AG
AgLiving06 said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK

Your last sentence just said it all. Thanks for the new angle and trying.
AgLiving06
fka ftc said:

AgLiving06 said:

Pretty sure Trump can see the big picture.

And I also have issues accepting an L when the game was rigged.

And Trump has done nothing to fix or change the game and so if it was rigged then, its going to be the same game this go around.

Trump wants this election to be about vindication for him vs throwing Biden out on his butt for being the worst President in our history.

And in making that tactical mistake, we may actually end up with a corpse being elected twice.
Bryanisbest
AG
RGLAG85 said:

AgLiving06 said:

RGLAG85 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK

Your last sentence just said it all. Thanks for the new angle and trying.

RGLA:
I never heard of a King who was a king maker.
fka ftc
Its almost certainly going to be Newsom v DeSantis in the general.

Biden will be eaten up by scandal and dementia. Trump will be silenced when DeSantis signs the bill putting Trump on Mt Rushmore. Book it.
agz win
AG
Agree with your first paragraph.

Second may be because both are dead. Old will do that.
eric76
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

eric76 said:

fka ftc said:

You have repeatedly advocated for the violation of Trump's rights under the Constitution, so I hardly think you are the one to now draw the line of following it word by word when it comes to SCOTUS original jurisdiction.

You right, it does say a lot about someone when they pick and choose who gets what rights under the Constitution.
Bull*****

Trump has the same rights as any other citizen. No more. No less.

Please

We've all listened to your endless ad nauseam TDS over the years and how you support any run around the Constitution that Dems want to finally try and get him this time

So just stop
You are completely ignoring what we've seen the last few years.

The true derangement is what the Trump supporters believe -- that it is okay break the Constitution any way possible if it can keep Trump in power or put him back in power. We saw that on January 6, 2021. We are seeing it here. That is anti-Conservatism in the extreme.

The Democrats make their end runs around the Constitution and the Trump radicals are doing it now. I am neither.
eric76
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The proper way to give original jurisdiction to the Supreme Court is by amending the Constitution to explicitly permit it.
A court has the inherent authority to determine the jurisdiction of the cases that come before it.

The US Supreme Court has plenary authority to determine jurisdiction of the cases that come before it.
What a hoot!

The courts don't choose their own jurisdiction. That is set by laws and by the Constitution. There is nothing at all Constitutional about the Supreme Court trashing the Constitution to exercise original jurisdiction to hear a case that is not theirs.
eric76
AG

All cases filed against Donald J. Trump where the United States is a party shall be consolidated and brought before the Supreme Court of the United States.

How's that for a draft constitutional amendment? Are you onboard?
I don't believe that there is any possible way to get such a piece of crap passed by 2/3 of each House of Congress and ratified by 3/4 of the States.

Suppose that the Supreme Court could legally exercise original jurisdiction, just what would you expect to happen?

Do you really think that the Supreme Court would vote according to their politics? So far in Trump's legal fights on this matter, how many Republican/Conservative judges have ruled in his favor and how many have not? In previous Supreme Court action, how many justices wanted to hear any cases over the 2020 election?

That would leave a jury trial at the Supreme Court. I assume that any jury for a Supreme Court case would be drawn from around Washington, DC. Would you expect a jury from DC to be more sympathetic to Trump than a jury in Florida?

And keep in mind that if the Supreme Court did have original jurisdiction and Trump lost, there would be no possible appeal ever.

It seems to me that Trump's chances of prevailing are much better in Florida than in DC. Why would you imagine that a change of venue for Trump from Florida to DC would help his case?
richardag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And if he has to comment at all about Trump and Jan 6t, he should ask whether the people at twitter who took down his tweet denouncing the violence and asking for people to go home as potentially criminal. There is no 1st amendment right to delete speech, as twitter did.
Agreed.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Stat Monitor Repairman
eric76 said:

Quote:

What a hoot!

The courts don't choose their own jurisdiction. That is set by laws and by the Constitution. There is nothing at all Constitutional about the Supreme Court trashing the Constitution to exercise original jurisdiction to hear a case that is not theirs.
Imma bring ya to Jesus on this eric76.

May not be today.

But imma bring ya to Jesus.
aggiehawg
AG
So you are saying you are on a mission from God?
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

So you are saying you are on a mission from God?
Maybe he wants God to have original jurisdiction.
Actual Talking Thermos
Trump doing this Jimminy Glick / Harvey Fierstein voice is so hypnotic.

LMCane
richardag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LINK

You don't believe Attorney General Barr thinks Trump is guilty?

Bill Barr Ramps Up His Showdown With 'Troubled Man' Trump in Stunning CBS Interview: He's Like 'A Defiant 9-Year-Old'
By Joe DePaolo Jun 18th, 2023,

Former Attorney General Bill Barr has been the talk of the political world for the past week after his stunning proclamation that former President Donald Trump is "toast" if half of the 37-count indictment against him is true.

Now, after a week of personal insults from the former president, Barr is fighting back with an utterly brutal assessment of his old boss.

In a stunning CBS interview on Sunday with Robert Costa, Barr doubled down on his opinion that Trump has only himself to blame for his current predicament.

"This is not a circumstance where he's the victim or this is government overreach," Barr said. "He provoked this whole problem himself.

Yes, he's been the victim of unfair witch hunts in the past. But that doesn't obviate the fact that he's also a fundamentally flawed person who engages in reckless conduct. And that leads to situations, calamitous situations like this, which are very destructive and hurt any political cause he's associated with."

The former attorney general did say that while Trump has "many good qualities" and "accomplished some good things," his actions ultimately endanger the GOP cause.

"He is a consummate narcissist and he constantly engages in reckless conduct that that puts his political followers at risk and the conservative and Republican agenda at risk," he said.

Asked if he believes Trump lied to the Justice Department, Barr said, "Yes, I do."

He then added this jawdropping postscript:

"He will always put his own interests and gratifying his own ego ahead of everything else, including the country's interests. There's no question about it.

This is a perfect example of that. He's like a 9-year-old a defiant 9-year-old kid who's always pushing the glass toward the edge of the table, defying his parents to stop him from doing it. It's a means of self-assertion and exerting his dominance over other people. And he's a very petty individual who will always put his interests ahead of the country's, his personal gratification of his ego. But our country can't be a therapy session for a troubled man like this."
fc2112
Quote:

He's like a 9-year-old - a defiant 9-year-old kid - who's always pushing the glass toward the edge of the table, defying his parents to stop him from doing it. It's a means of self-assertion and exerting his dominance over other people. And he's a very petty individual who will always put his interests ahead of the country's, his personal gratification of his ego. But our country can't be a therapy session for a troubled man like this.

Not sure I've ever seen a better description of Trump.
jrdaustin
AG
Retired FBI Agent said:

aggiehaw said:

Trump gets into a vehicle with "National Defense Information" documents at 11:45 AM on January 20, 2021. He arrives at Joint Base Andrews at 12:05PM with the same documents.

Does the FBI or NARA Archivist have the right to tackle him the moment he steps out of the vehicle since he is now technically not in authorized possession uner the Espionage Act, according to Jack Smith?
Well that's the kicker isn't it? Trump gets into a vehicle. And gets out of the vehicle. In that analogy, he gets in the vehicle as POTUS and exits it as FPOTUS. An extraordinary change has taken place for him, and the country:

Trump enters the vehicle:
  • as the Head of government and Head of state, with the authority to make political appointments, veto a bill, issue a pardon, among other authority.
  • as Commander in Chief, with the authority to launch a missile strike, direct a military assault, among other authority.
  • with authorized access to and possession of sensitive classified documents and national defense information.

Trump exists the vehicle:
  • as a private citizen with lifetime benefits associated with The Former Presidents Act.
  • as a private citizen who no longer holds the roles, responsibilities, authorities, etc. of the POTUS.
  • with unauthorized access to and possession of sensitive classified documents and national defense information.

And yet, despite this major shift in his authority, Trump isn't tackled outside of his vehicle for another 566 days.

• 100+ Days after "leaving the vehicle", NARA asks that Trump turn over any presidential records he may have kept upon leaving WH. They make repeated requests.
  • 300+ Days after "leaving the vehicle", NARA warns Trump through his attorneys that it will refer the matter to DOJ if he does not comply. They make repeated requests.
  • 362 Days after "leaving the vehicle", Trump returns 15 boxes to NARA.
  • 385 Days after "leaving the vehicle", NARA refers the matter to DOJ after their initial review finds the 15 boxes contain numerous classified documents.
  • 465 Days after "leaving the vehicle", DOJ asks Trump attorneys for immediate access to the 15 boxes. Trump attorneys ask for extension.
  • 477 Days after "leaving the vehicle", a grand jury issues issues a subpoena to Trump and his office requiring that they turn over all classified materials in their possession.
  • 489 Days after "leaving the vehicle", Trump's lawyers advise him to comply. "Hey we think you might get tackled since you've left the vehicle".
  • 500 Days after "leaving the vehicle", FBI/DOJ visits MAL to collect 38 classified documents from Trump's lawyer.
  • 563 Days after "leaving the vehicle", DOJ applies for a warrant to search Mar-a-Lago.
  • 566 Days after "leaving the vehicle", FBI tackles Trump outside of the vehicle to seize remaining documents, via MAL raid.

Say instead of POTUS-FPOTUS, it's an intelligence analyst, attorney, or administrative assistant. Their last day of employment is January 20, 2021 with a stated end time of 12:00 PMwhere they are walked off Pentagon/campus/office by Human Resources. All parties knew this was the scheduled last day of employment.

Do those ex-employees walk out that day with sensitive documents, thumb drives, existing case files, etc? Are they mixing those documents with personal documents, and their cardboard box with a picture frame, plant, and their lunchbox? Did they keep an iPad, perhaps on accident, loaded with case files? Do they get stopped by security in the parking lot, perhaps tackled? Does IT shut down their electronic access to systems? Are they given 1 week to give back their company cell phone? 2 weeks?

At what point does the company have the right to take it's "valuable" property back after the person's employment has clearly ended?

Here are the problems I see with your argument:

You and many others keep relying on a blanket statement that Trump had "unauthorized" possession of the documents in question the minute he got off the plane. In fact, the whole case relies on this assumption. I've been following this quite closely, and I have not seen a convincing argument that his possession was "unauthorized". Quite the contrary, in fact.

We've been over ad-nauseum the conflict of PRA with Espionage act. But it goes much deeper than that.

To me the most damning evidence is that fact that DOJ/FBI has had and continues to have absolutely ZERO curiosity about the status of potentially DNI/classified documents with virtually EVERY other high ranking government official outside of Trump.

At what point does a "company" have the right to take it's "valuable" property back? That can be debated, but I'll argue that if the "company" practices zero concern about its property with a multitude of employee exits, but all of a sudden is concerned with a CEO that leaves that the current CEO has a beef with, so now the "property" magically is important; then, the "company's" rights are questionable.

What's even more disgusting about the DOJ/FBI (and now yours) position is that we're having to have this discussion about "no one being above the law"; yet all this effort is being put into a hundred documents that likely have no implication on National Security. BUT, we have someone actually IN POWER right now that should be rightfully examined for bribery and being compromised by our Nation's enemies, and there's ZERO concern about a clear and present danger that might be right in front of us.

So I will ask you: What is your end-game here? How do you defend such a targeted prosecution based upon on a novel application of a 1917 law while completely ignoring what in every sense of normalcy would be more egregious allegations with infinitely more National Security implications.

No one above the law? Please. I'm not inclined to defend the hubris of Trump. But I'm forced into that position by witnessing the strategic targeting of application of the law for political purposes. And it leaves an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.
fka ftc
Good points. I like the comparison to a company and former employee.

Let's say I terminate a remote employee. It's not optimal, but it happens and they are asked to return all property, including plans, files, laptop, etc. Most always they comply and we usually withhold the last paycheck until property is returned, though in some states that is not allowed.

Back to the comparison, if the employee refuses, from my experience the only avenue for recovery is to sue the employee for the lost property. I do not think many local PDs will pursue a search warrant and raid a former employee's house for the laptop I want back. Even though some may technically say the laptop was "stolen" when I asked for it back and it was refused, I imagine most attorneys and PDs will tell you it's a civil matter.

People fail to see that a civil dispute under the PRA was inappropriately and in a politically targeted manner turned into a FBI/DOJ criminal persecution. Continuing the former employee comparison… if you let all white employees keep their laptops then target a former black employee demanding the laptop back, raiding their home, arresting them and clamoring for them to be locked up for the rest of their lives, then their seems to be some likely issues with your case.

That is exactly what is happening here.

And as mentioned the "national defense information" is nonsense. The 3 documents NARA originally flagged as missing were Obama letter, Lil Kim Love Letters and the Hurricane Dorian map.
richardag
"The 3 documents NARA originally flagged as missing were Obama letter, Lil Kim Love Letters and the Hurricane Dorian map."

I completely missed that bit of information, thank you.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.