***** 2015 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP *****

55,544 Views | 614 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bagger05
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm glad that you're unemployed and can help provide updates.

DadAG10
quote:
How are the guys out there playing now? Anyone still watching? Scott or Fowler doing anything?
Look here.

bagger05
AG
As of 11:10 Texas time, best round currently on the course is Zach Johnson at -6 (thru 14).

Geoff Ogilvy playing really well and currently at -5 thru 13.

Justin Rose with a hot start and is at -4 with a birdie chance upcoming on #9.

John Daly got back to -3 after a birdie at 14. Currently playing #16.

Mickelson has cooled off. Bogeys on 6 and 8 to fall back to -1.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Still some low scores being posted.out there. Zach Johnson is -6. Alot of guys in the -2 to -4 range as posted above.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I'm rooting for DJ. It would be quite the story to see him overcome the US Open choke job and win The Open Championship. The guy is way too talented to not have a major win.
BassCowboy33
quote:
I'm rooting for DJ. It would be quite the story to see him overcome the US Open choke job and win The Open Championship. The guy is way too talented to not have a major win.

Rooting for Spieth, because I'm a patriotic Texan.
Baby Billy
AG
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Spieth win again. Would make for an intense PGA in a few weeks.
Baby Billy
AG
However, Spieth is due for a bad round. Supposed to be nasty conditions tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how he does
Ag_07
AG
Rickie Fowler looks like he is going snowboarding. Not sure how he can swing a club in that stuff he's wearing.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Rickie Fowler looks like he is going snowboarding. Not sure how he can swing a club in that stuff he's wearing.
Goose
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like Fowler, but I must admit that there is a "get off my lawn" guy deep within yelling to show some respect at St Andrews by not wearing your DBag the Clown suit when you play it.
Post removed:
by user
Quinn
AG
Not to stir things up, but Chambers Bay as it currently looks:

MAROON
AG
The Streets of St. Andrews

Great lead-in. I get the question all the time why my daughter choose to attend St. Andrews. This video shows what a special place it is. By the way that's my daughter at the 0:47 mark....texags rule compliant!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wouldn't say he gets a pass. The "get off my lawn" deep within begrudgingly accepts that some people simply don't give a F in life, and John Daly is one of them.
07fta07
AG
quote:

Could you imagine if they had to hit over a hotel at Chambers? But since it's at St Andrews it's sooooo awesome...
Chipotlemonger
AG
What's your problem? Especially with St. Andrews?
07fta07
AG
I have zero problem with St Andrews. Just pointing out that there are a lot of different things at St Andrews that draw no complaints (including hitting over a freaking hotel) and the pros complained about everything at Chambers.
PJYoung
AG
Maybe in a couple of hundred years Chambers Bay will command the same amount of respect.
Cris_Dishman
They complained about everything? They complained that the greens didn't roll true, which they didn't and a very valid complaint.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You're comparing apples to oranges.
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Haha...Look how that turned out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

Haha...Look how that turned out.
Ag_07
AG
Anyways, back to the Open Championship...

Weather is supposed to get downright brutal tomorrow so i don't see how anyone who shot high today can make a move to avoid the cut. Think it'll be as much a mental grind as it will be physical so I expect players that can't keep their cool to fall off. Meanwhile players who can grind it out and keep the ball on the ground to move a bit.

Should be fun to watch tomorrow and I may even play hookie to stay at home and watch.
The Milkman
AG
For financial reasons... I'd really like to see Schwartzel stay up there... he was 60/1 last week in Vegas
07fta07
AG
Weather supposed to really turn in the afternoon so all the guys who got the great weather this morning are going to see a very different course. No way I'm going into work
bagger05
AG
The guys in the morning get 15-20 mph wind and rain.
The guys in the afternoon get 20-25 mph wind, but no rain.

What was it like today windspeed wise? Seems like it was pretty breezy from what I saw.
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm off tomorrow. Gettin' my popcorn ready.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
Anyways, back to the Open Championship...

Weather is supposed to get downright brutal tomorrow so i don't see how anyone who shot high today can make a move to avoid the cut. Think it'll be as much a mental grind as it will be physical so I expect players that can't keep their cool to fall off. Meanwhile players who can grind it out and keep the ball on the ground to move a bit.

Should be fun to watch tomorrow and I may even play hookie to stay at home and watch.
I'm on the train headed for Edinburgh now...cringing at the weather forecast. I brought wet weather gear...but probably need to hit the pants w another coat of scotch guard. One way or another I'll be soaked...either by rain, Dunvegan's whiskey or (likely) both.

Looks like they're going to resume today's round in about 10mins (10am local time)
Ag_07
AG
Just got up and see play was suspended.

Seems like it's not too bad out there right now. These players have got to take advantage of the soft conditions, because again I think it will firm up and play much tougher this afternoon. These guys got lucky it was bad enough to suspend play.
07fta07
AG
Really sucks for DJ and the guys later this afternoon because they're not going to finish. It'll be a late night (doesn't get dark till just before 10) and an early morning tomorrow.
45-70Ag
AG
That commercial they just showed for the open. Lol
zgood10
AG
Willett is killin' it
Funky Winkerbean
AG
A major and the leader is double digit under par after 27 holes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.