***** 2015 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP *****

55,419 Views | 614 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bagger05
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jordan Spieth is a disgrace to the game of golf. /Mark May
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Zach and whoever else was on that plane probably hazed Jordan until he did it.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
quote:
I just meant based on the shot he executed he would've had a pretty short putt for birdie if he had actually been 80 yards out and not 88.

Still at 88 I would've taken him to birdie all day.

Did anyone watching think he wouldn't birdie when he was walking to 18? I know I did. He had been clutch and the putt on 16 gave him some real momentum. I was expecting him to be in that playoff up until I saw where his second shot landed.

Good point. I thought he was going to birdie until he stopped his back swing due to smart phones clicks.
PJYoung
AG
quote:

Good to see him enjoying some adult beverages with Zach despite the loss.

To me the funniest thing about that picture is that I can see Zach not letting that thing get more than 3 feet away from him at any time. Taking it to the bathroom with him, etc.
Ag_07
AG
Touche

And despite the numbers of pars and how the hole was playing Jordan is a helluva player (#1 in my books) and I expected him to birdie.

I think if he gets in the playoff he smokes the others.
Pahdz
That picture is awesome, you know what I see in it? The kind of stuff that builds a team that wins Ryder Cups. Good to see some Americans jacking around like that, getting closer.
HouAggie
AG
Bagger, you've mentioned multiple times that he couldn't hit it softer and it still have a prayer of going in. I'm confused by that comment. Why wouldn't it have had a prayer if it was softer? Given the line he chose, the only way it had a prayer was if he hit it softer. The putt takes more break, and maybe it scares the hole.

And obviously I was just using 'smoked' as a relative term. I'm just saying he could have hit the putt softer than he did and it would have finished closer to the hole. And he didn't and that's why I consider it a choke.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Great pic. A great PGA player that doesn't have a stick up his ass, likes to have fun with fellow players, and isn't too prideful to do something like that.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
"We actually flew home together last night," said Johnson. "It was ... fun. It was interesting. We had a bunch of guys on the plane. Good friends -- our sport may be odd. We try to beat other's heads in but when it comes down to it we're going to be the first to applaud and share in the moment.

"He was the guy most people probably wanted to have win and I get that too ... He's a better person, a better kid off the golf course. For him to be there on No. 18 after the playoff. It doesn't really surprise me because I know his character, but it does speak volumes to how he was raised and certainly how he conducts himself and how he puts the game in perspective.

"He knows he's not bigger than it. And he's just a great addition to the great game of golf."

Other photos from the plane, all taken by ZJ's caddie, who after that dance on 18 I think may be my new favorite caddie.

Pahdz
ZJ rocking a High Life hat?
bagger05
AG
quote:
Bagger, you've mentioned multiple times that he couldn't hit it softer and it still have a prayer of going in. I'm confused by that comment. Why wouldn't it have had a prayer if it was softer? Given the line he chose, the only way it had a prayer was if he hit it softer. The putt takes more break, and maybe it scares the hole.

And obviously I was just using 'smoked' as a relative term. I'm just saying he could have hit the putt softer than he did and it would have finished closer to the hole. And he didn't and that's why I consider it a choke.
Hard to explain what I think he was looking at without drawing some pictures or something... it was going downhill and right to left. To give it a chance he needed to hit it far enough out to the right to get above the hole and then let gravity take it down to the cup. So I think that any putt that had enough pace to get far enough out to the right was going to have enough pace to take it four feet past the hole if it missed. It was on TV so there's definitely some guessing going on here on my part, but I think that there was virtually no combination of speed and line that would have let that ball just die in the hole.

I agree that with a hair less pace on that line it probably would've gone in, but it looked like a regular missed putt to me. A very slight misjudgment of the pace or line just like you see from most PGA players about 70% of the time from that distance.

I agree that he could have lagged it closer than four feet if he wanted to, but he was trying to make it for the win. I think trying to get it to die close to the hole would have been taking a line that would never have gotten high enough. A putt that ends up 18" away would have probably been 18" low.

If you want to call the missed four-footer a choke then I see your point. But I don't think there was an ounce of choke in the first putt. I thought it was a really nice try.

If I get a chance I'll draw a little picture of what I think he was looking at. Then y'all can tell me whether or not I'm nuts.
Sazerac
AG
Who is in the v neck?
The other guy is San Antones own Jimmy Walker

ZJs wife doesn't travel with him? Always wondered how that works...
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
Who is in the v neck?
The other guy is San Antones own Jimmy Walker

ZJs wife doesn't travel with him? Always wondered how that works...
Resembles Webb Simpson. Not sure.
Sazerac
AG
Think you're right...did he even play in the open?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree that it looks like webb simpson.

Looks like he shot -5 and fishished tied for 40th, btw
Bunk Moreland
It's Webb. It was mentioned in a different article. Walker, Simpson, ZJ, Spieth.
HouAggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Hard to explain what I think he was looking at without drawing some pictures or something... it was going downhill and right to left. To give it a chance he needed to hit it far enough out to the right to get above the hole and then let gravity take it down to the cup. So I think that any putt that had enough pace to get far enough out to the right was going to have enough pace to take it four feet past the hole if it missed. It was on TV so there's definitely some guessing going on here on my part, but I think that there was virtually no combination of speed and line that would have let that ball just die in the hole.

I agree that with a hair less pace on that line it probably would've gone in, but it looked like a regular missed putt to me. A very slight misjudgment of the pace or line just like you see from most PGA players about 70% of the time from that distance.

I agree that he could have lagged it closer than four feet if he wanted to, but he was trying to make it for the win. I think trying to get it to die close to the hole would have been taking a line that would never have gotten high enough. A putt that ends up 18" away would have probably been 18" low.

If you want to call the missed four-footer a choke then I see your point. But I don't think there was an ounce of choke in the first putt. I thought it was a really nice try.

If I get a chance I'll draw a little picture of what I think he was looking at. Then y'all can tell me whether or not I'm nuts.

It sure looked left to right from my angle. You sure you even watched the tourney?
HouAggie
AG
And I get what you're saying. I just disagree. I didn't think the slope was severe enough, IMO, for him to not be able to hit it softer and still get it high enough to go in. I guess we'll never know.
bagger05
AG
Left to right, right to left, uphill, downhill, gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s##t?

You're right that I guess we will just never know. End of the putt looked straight and fast like it was coming off a hill to me. I still think it was a good try on the first putt.

So DJ, if you're reading this and need someone to console you make sure you call me and not HouAggie.
Justice Beaver
AG

quote:

So DJ, if you're reading this and need someone to console you make sure you call me and not HouAggie.

If I'm DJ, I know who I'm calling to console me, and it damn sure ain't either of y'all

bagger05
AG
As soon as I typed that in, I was certain that this would be the first response. And I'm good with that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.