Jake Oliver

20,533 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bone6
StephenvilleAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never seen him play, but possession receivers who get open in the seams and catch everything thrown their way are always a valuable asset.

The part I don't understand is, with both his parents being A&M grads and A&M athletes, how he grew up not being a fanatical Aggie fan and dreaming of going to A&M is a real head-scratcher.

However, it doesn't matter now. He apparently prefers singing texas fight and playing in dkr stadium instead of singing the Aggie War Hymn and experiencing Kyle Field and the SEC.

My dad was an Aggie, class of '39. My dad's brother '43 and my mom's brother '43 were Aggies, too.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved the Aggie War Hymn. Now I'm almost 60, and it still sends a chill up my spine every time I hear it. Loved the Farmers Fight yell and our other yells. Loved going to Kyle Field and G. Rollie whenever I could. Born to be an Aggie, no doubt. Thank God.

I've been to dkr and seen the sips play baylor and tech. It was incredibly boring. I suppose to horns, dkr stadium is special. I can't imagine why, though.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

A&M is in the SEC. Our rivals are Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Auburn.

The sips are in the b12. Their rivals are OU, baylor, tech, tcu, kansas, k-state, okie state, wvu, and iowa state.

The difference is so huge, there is no comparison.
The Collective
AG
ttt

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/5/Topics/2226357
d78230
AG
Gary Oliver sucks.
TxAginAz
AG
This guy runs a 4.8 as a WR?!? = Not ready for SEC.

Butthurt Aggie Dad or not. We don't need to give away schollies to kids that I can outrun and outplay.

*********************************************************************************************************************
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

Claude os, aperi oculos!

[This message has been edited by TxAginAz (edited 12/6/2012 11:21a).]
agdad4x
SA77 - always able to express your point, very good bull there,

this summer taking grandkids to the zoo, our high school colors are tu orange and not one of the boys would wear one of my old high school caps: "No way granddad, those are horn colors" glad to hear my boys are raising 'em right
Spyderman
AG
Kid is going to need multiple Fram hats...
zeAG
Do not want. Already have some of the best WRs.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BUMP
ironmanag
AG
Why.

The dude was useless at t.u. in the pass happy Big XII.
Chosen One
He is in his senior year and has decided to give up football to finish his degree
Bone6
Quote:

...A bit of an exaggeration. He was second in the team for receptions, and he didn't exactly have Deshaun Watson throwing to him.

He wasn't going to contend for All American offers by any stretch, but there is no doubt that Herman would have liked to have had him on campus.
dcj_10
AG
Bone6 said:

Quote:

...A bit of an exaggeration. He was second in the team for receptions
So he had like 15 catches?
Maroon Flash
AG
Good that Sumlin told him no thanks.
Bone6
Quote:

So he had like 15 catches?
33 apparently...again, with mediocre QB's throwing to him.

A player's value is relative to what you have. I don't think Oliver would see the field on our roster, but he would be a valuable player for Herman at t.u.

Michael Shumard could have been lost in the shuffle and hardly played had he been here during the late Sherman era and early Sumlin era when every one of our offensive linemen was destined to play in the NFL if not be a first round pick, but he was basically the anchor of our o-line when Sherman arrived here due to the fact that Fran had recruited the position so terribly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.