Jake Oliver

20,510 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bone6
javiswavi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this Aggie kid still committed to tu? Hard to believe he would still want to go to there with a lack of a quarterback. Aggie offense would be a perfect fit for this kids future.
mdanyc03
AG
Kid is 100 sip. We are happy with who we have too.
4L Aggie
AG
Happy with who we have.
Only receiver I would want at this point in addition to who is on board is RSJ.
farmersfightatm
Let him stay a sip...his problem...we've moved on...not that we ever stopped for him...
Jevertson
AG
I thought I read that his parents were sips and his grandparents were Ags? I'm probably wrong...
Wrec86 Ag
Rumor is he reached out to the ags and was given a "stiff arm" recently
1876er
AG
I doubt we'd take him even if he wanted to switch. We have some sick WRs on board, and if we add RSJ, we are definitely done at WR
d78230
AG
He's made his bed. Now he gets to sleep in it.

I wonder who will throw him the ball the next 2 years or so??

Oh well. Who cares.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I doubt we'd take him even if he wanted to switch. We have some sick WRs on board, and if we add RSJ, we are definitely done at WR

We would also take Jaquay Williams. Slightly different scenario since he's a midterm guy, but still.
ElephantRider
AG
Oliver isn't A&M good
ACUAggie
Remembr his dad playing for A&M when I was a little kid. Never like to see a legacy go to a rival... unless we're the rival.

aTm1990
AG
No interest, let the sips have him!
aggiebones
AG
Frankly, we couldn't house him even if he did change his mind. Not a fit and not as good as what we have. No sour grapes, just facts. I was pissed when he committed, but in the end, its the better option for him. He'd never play much at A&M.
sharpdressedman
He is a kid and he made a big mistake when he passed on us. Sucks to be him right now.
The Collective
AG
I also don't think he fits in our offense. He appears to have good hands, which will come in handy the few times per game that he gets a quality pass his direction.
Black Jack 55
Not enough speed. Great fundamentals, but will not command coverage over the top. We need that in this offense.

Things happen for a reason.
ACUAggie
Though in fairness you could have said the same about Swope; maybe not speedster (has been said), but everything else is nails.

It's already been summed up: this situation is a bummer for both parties. More so for those of us who remember his dad, Gary, on those Jackie Sherrill teams. Was pumped when Cheeks' son came to A&M - and he'll be start'n just like his old man next year.

[This message has been edited by ACUAggie (edited 11/25/2012 4:58p).]
Drink Juice, Shelby
AG
Swope not a speedster? Runs a sub 4.4
SterlingArcher
AG
^^^ Ran a 4.8 at a camp earlier in the year.
ACUAggie
I knew that. Just making sure you were awake, that's all. You did well. (Whew! pulled that one out of the fire)
Drink Juice, Shelby
AG
Drink Juice, Shelby
AG
Swope is fast.
Happy Kuykendahl
Ryan Swope or Tyrone Swoopes?
Happy Kuykendahl
The press release commitment stunt the Oliver's pulled which was likely orchestrated by Mack with subtle digs at us was ridiculous. Over starred players like him, Raulerson, and Swoopes are why sip fans can't figure out why their team sucks when they sign so many 4-5 stars.

Oliver isn't Aggie good. Could be a nice b12 player, maybe.

[This message has been edited by Happy kuykendahl (edited 11/25/2012 4:21p).]
Teslag
AG
I'm confused as to why he went there in the first place. A&M legacy plus texas has shown they can't hold a candle to us offensively. What was the story? Another chance mock business decision?
D.J. Flores
AG
plse don't start that crap! Oliver would have been a GREAT get for Ags...but he chose them... now he has to live with that decision.
ElephantRider
AG
KDS recruits speed. Oliver runs a blazing 4.8. Obvious take IMO.
AggieDave92
AG
It makes sense to me that perhaps Sumlin backed off after he came to A&M since he wants blazing speed out of his WRs. I realize that not all of the WRs committed have blazing speed, but a couple are just matchup nightmares. His dad was a classic Aggie player under Sherrill, but the lack of speed with Jake is what I bet caused the good guys to quickly move on.
zeAG
We are FINE at receiver, especially with RSJ.
zeAG
"^^^ Ran a 4.8 at a camp earlier in the year"

Swope definitely at least a 4.6, nice try though.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
After the way he and his family became a mouthpiece for tu upon his commitment, I hope we're done with him. No ill will and I get parents supporting their kids, but you can't turn back after that.

[This message has been edited by JDCAG (NOT Colin) (edited 11/25/2012 10:58p).]
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

I don't believe that. He's pretty fast, but I don't think people realize just how fast a sub 4.4 is. He looks like a 4.5 guy, may push towards 4.40 if he has an absolutely perfect run.
Ag MD
FYI: Ryan Swope finished 5th at the state track meet (5A) in 2008 in the 100 meters, his time was 10.70 seconds (2nd place went to Marquise Goodwin---tu WR and Olympic long jumper).
DallasAg2011
Both of his parents were aggies. His dad played ball here with Bucky. Momma oliver played soccer here.

Ive seen him play up close and talked to his folks a bunch. He likes Texas. What can you do?

Kid is such a stud he is incredibly polished and he has gotten NFL written all over him. great possesion reciever. Ive had scouts tell me that he is the best receiver they have ever seen.
KLSanchez
quote:
Ive had scouts tell me that he is the best receiver they have ever seen.

They need to watch NFL games more often.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.