I finally caught Covid

18,576 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 500,000ags
DadHammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife got from hair dresser then gave to me. Pfizer two shots and booster. Pretty much nothing to me other than runny nose for two days. Wife is pretty stopped up. She had Moderna and it was a pretty bad cold for her.

Going to Mexico for 30 days this summer so glad to finally get this over with while in the states. Tested because we had tax payer paid for tests and we were curious. Wife went on the Covid pill I did not.

I hope all who catch it now end up like me with very little issues. I didnt miss any work or anything.
shertown04
AG
I got it for the first time a couple of weeks ago while in vacation in Maui. Stepdad got sick Thursday. Friday I had joint pains but I attributed it to going snorkeling and overworking myself. Saturday night got the chills and had to take a hot shower. Started coughing Sunday. Monday was the flight home and I slept for probably 6 hours of it ( I don't normally sleep on flights). Tested positive when I got back. Had several days with temperature 99-100. Finally faded and tested negative on day 8. Pregnant wife had a tougher time and still has a bad cough and drainage but is now negative. My mom and stepdad are both still testing positive and in bad shape. Mom has COPD and stepdad has diabetes. Both have had Ivermectin and oral steroids. Doctor says if they aren't better by Tuesday they may need to be hospitalized. Hope it doesn't get to that point.
bay fan
S
So you all flew home with Covid?
coolerguy12
AG
bay fan said:

Your reading skills are unparalleled.
Inca
AG
That was my take. They got sick in Hawaii (Thurs/Fri/Sat), flew home on Monday and tested positive as soon as they were home.
Capitol Ag
AG
shertown04 said:

I got it for the first time a couple of weeks ago while in vacation in Maui. Stepdad got sick Thursday. Friday I had joint pains but I attributed it to going snorkeling and overworking myself. Saturday night got the chills and had to take a hot shower. Started coughing Sunday. Monday was the flight home and I slept for probably 6 hours of it ( I don't normally sleep on flights). Tested positive when I got back. Had several days with temperature 99-100. Finally faded and tested negative on day 8. Pregnant wife had a tougher time and still has a bad cough and drainage but is now negative. My mom and stepdad are both still testing positive and in bad shape. Mom has COPD and stepdad has diabetes. Both have had Ivermectin and oral steroids. Doctor says if they aren't better by Tuesday they may need to be hospitalized. Hope it doesn't get to that point.
Hope your mom and step dad feel better soon.

Marcus Brutus
bay fan said:

If he wore a mask, what's the issue?
JamesBREI06
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

bay fan said:

This may be the best comment in the history of this board.
Gilligan
AG
Get well soon
DadHammer
AG
Thank you, it only lasted about a day or two for me. Lucky.
Duck Blind
AG
shertown04
AG
Thanks. It took them an extra two weeks but they are finally turning the corner for the better. Going to see them this weekend.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Marcus Brutus said:

bay fan said:

That exchange just about settles that debate.
Pokgai
Marcus Brutus said:

bay fan said:

This is the best checkmate move I have ever seen in this forum. The other guy can't argue his way out of this without countering his own believes. Kudos my friend!
Inca
AG
But we actually don't know if the OP wore a mask or not. I'm guessing not but I might be wrong.
lazuras_dc
AG
I've been *waiting* two years to post my case now too- was thinking I avoided it either by natural immunity or asymptomatic case. Well I guess that answers that.

Tuesday muscle soreness, but thought it was from my Monday tennis match. Wednesday woke up with fever but not too bad- enough to call in sick. Thursday fever worse, chills body ache. Fever broke Thursday night and back to normal today. Tested negative yesterday but today was first positive test. Go Figure. Never lost smell or taste.
lazuras_dc
AG
Spoke too soon… lost smell today. Noticed bc I was spraying some Lysol and couldn't smell it. I can still faintly smell pickle juice and garlic but not really much else.
aTm2004
AG
If you have kids in diapers, it's really a blessing. I didn't mind losing my smell.
PerpetualLurker
Also just got covid for the first time. Started getting sick Thursday night, tested positive Friday morning. Got it from my sister, my aunt, or both.

3x pfizer vaccine. Plus I'm taking paxlovid, started Saturday.

Lost taste and smell as well. Was also surprised as I, too, thought that wasn't as common anymore.

2 bad nights with fevers/chills, both before paxlovid. Just like when I last had the flu. Now I'm just congested, have a sore throat, and can't taste anything. Working remotely today.
AggieJ2002
AG
I tested positive for the first time last night as well ... hit me like a ton of bricks in the hours after that with all the same symptoms as most. Really just feels like a bad case of the flu. Have a Tele appointment with the doc and hoping I can get the Plaxlovid. Timing for covid sucks but I guess there will never be a good time.
agsalaska
AG
We had to pick my daughter up from Camp yesterday one week into her two week stay. It was at Sierra Vista which is a pretty big camp in the Hill Country. Covid ran thru the camp and they actually had to shut down the girls side completely. Sent everyone home.

Amazing how fast everyone got sick. They showed up for Camp on Sunday and by the next Saturday the infirmary was packed. My daughter said campers and counselors were dropping like flies.

And, for the record, this was not from 'i tested positive so I must be sick.' This was everyone has a headache, high fevers, sore throats, etc. Full blown Omicron.

When she got home we actually picked up another camper friend because she is from out of town. Her dad is stationed in Kuwait, no longer at Ft Hood, and mom is at their new duty station. Anyway last night her friend had a fever and is positive for Covid.

Great. Can't put her on a plane. She certainly can't ride in a car across the country to her mom. So I have someone else's daughter laid up in our back bedroom with Covid. Fortunately her family and our family are very close friends and we certainly don't mind. But it does suck.
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

Spoke too soon… lost smell today. Noticed bc I was spraying some Lysol and couldn't smell it. I can still faintly smell pickle juice and garlic but not really much else.
It took me two weeks to get my taste and smell back. I was lucky because some people have yet to get it back after 2 years.
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

If you have kids in diapers, it's really a blessing. I didn't mind losing my smell.
When I didn't have my taste and smell, I would have gladly tolerated occasional smelly diapers if I could enjoy my food.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
First timer here. Had a scratchy throat on Thursday morning during a business trip and scratchy slightly sore throat on Friday when I was home.

Tested that morning and was positive. Had a headache and felt a little tired on Friday and Saturday but well enough to edge and weedeat the lawn. Temperature never above 99.2. Have not lost taste or smell.

Worst part of it all has been not being able to interact with my family like normal after 5 days of business travel.

2x jabbed Moderna. Last jab was March 31, 2021.
WP69
AG
Tested positive in Iceland. Home now after CDC lifted the stupid travel requirement. Symptoms were/are mild to moderate head cold.
PerpetualLurker
What causes that? Nerve damage from the coronavirus?

Is there any hope for those folks to get it back?
lazuras_dc
AG
Anyone successfully treated post viral cough? I had the same thing after I got vaccinated … a super annoying cough for like a month tried inhalers, steroids, cough medicine.
PerpetualLurker
Sense of taste and smell came back on day 5 thankfully.

Almost fully over this, I think.
75AG
AG
I also tested positive on Monday. Vaccinated, double boosted, and started Paxlovid yesterday. Fever broke, little cough and stuffiness, but really tired. Wiped-out tired. And have a metallic taste but that could be from the antiviral. Can't t wait for this crap to pass.
lazuras_dc
AG
Smell returned slightly each day to where I think now it's 100% but dealing w post viral cough. Sucks.
agsalaska
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Smell returned slightly each day to where I think now it's 100% but dealing w post viral cough. Sucks.
My 10 year old son couched for about five weeks. He was symptom free in three days other than that.

My ear is still ringing a bit too seven weeks later. And I was symptom free in about four days.

The lingering issues suck.
Ragoo
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I am on a week of the post viral cough. Not constant but every so often it feels like a lump at the base of my throat. No real phlegm just thicker kind of sticky mucus that I need to clear out.
wessimo
AG
First timer checking in. None of our family of five had it until this week (as far as we know). Monday my son was feeling uncharacteristically tired and tested positive. None of the rest of us had symptoms the rest of the week so I thought we were in the clear but today I started having some minor allergy like symptoms and soreness & tested positive. Praying for a mild case - my son seems to have had one.
jh0400
AG
My wife popped a positive for the first time on Saturday morning. I had some body aches and felt a little foggy on Friday as well, so I took a test Saturday afternoon and again yesterday morning. Both were negative. My only symptoms are a scratchy throat and mild fatigue, so I'm going to hang out at home for a few days and see how things go. I can't see the point in wasting another test, so worst case I'll just assume that I'm positive from today and roll with it.
jh0400
AG
She's been at home all day and seems to be getting better. Still a little congested but mostly back to normal. I, on the other hand, am dealing with serious fatigue and a fever of 101. I'm about to load up on a bunch of drugs and see if I can sleep it off tonight.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.