I finally caught Covid

18,776 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 500,000ags
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's hitting almost everyone I know that hadn't had it yet. Including myself. Felt ridiculously tired and nauseated on Wednesday. Thought it was from playing with the kid in the heat. Tested positive that night and went to sleep early. Took most of Dr. Reveille's supplements.

Thursday I had a 99.5 fever and got a moderate headache that evening. Broke down and took Tylenol.

Mid 99 fever on Friday morning. Fever was gone by the afternoon. No headache, but some sinus pressure and allergy symptoms. Took some cold medicine at bedtime.

Been fever free since then and felt 100% since Saturday morning. Quite light compared to most of the others I know. Thankfully my wife hasn't caught it.
CFTXAG10
AG
CDub06 said:

It's hitting almost everyone I know that hadn't had it yet. Including myself
Same here. I caught it for the first time, that I am aware of, last week. Moderna Vax - Pfizer Boost. Didn't feel bad until Monday afternoon. Had fever/chills that night, took tylenol, broke a sweat overnight and in the morning. Was all gone by Tuesday afternoon aside from some residual congestion. Back to 100% Wednesday, tested negative on Sunday/Monday so went back to work in the office today.

Wife got it and never had it before, sister the same, and a few others I know. From their accounts I had a much milder case/symptoms.

CDub06
AG
Parents got it and they're still dealing with fatigue and aches a few weeks later. My mom was in bed with a debilitating headache for a week.

A coworker and her husband reported the same debilitating headache, I think his fever reached 103. She's still complaining of aches.

Best friend was out of commission for a week with fatigue and that headache.

Running buddy was down for a week, and he's having trouble with his endurance a few weeks later.

Brother and SIL were down for about a week.

Still none of them that serious. But I was pleased to rock through it in a couple of days with only the lightest of symptoms.

All of them except my parents (including me) had flown the week before getting sick.
Drip99
AG
CDub06 said:

It's hitting almost everyone I know that hadn't had it yet. Including myself. Felt ridiculously tired and nauseated on Wednesday. Thought it was from playing with the kid in the heat. Tested positive that night and went to sleep early. Took most of Dr. Reveille's supplements.

Thursday I had a 99.5 fever and got a moderate headache that evening. Broke down and took Tylenol.

Mid 99 fever on Friday morning. Fever was gone by the afternoon. No headache, but some sinus pressure and allergy symptoms. Took some cold medicine at bedtime.

Been fever free since then and felt 100% since Saturday morning. Quite light compared to most of the others I know. Thankfully my wife hasn't caught it.
Did you take the 50k of Vitamin D?
Drip99
AG
13 year old got back from camp 2 days ago and woke up this morning with low grade fever and sore throat. Assuming its covid however the test was negative. How accurate are those free gov tests?
aTm2004
AG
JesusQuintana said:

13 year old got back from camp 2 days ago and woke up this morning with low grade fever and sore throat. Assuming its covid however the test was negative. How accurate are those free gov tests?

About as accurate as a woman giving directions.
jh0400
AG
I had a mild sore throat on Saturday and tested negative on Saturday and Sunday and finally tested positive on Tuesday, all with antigen tests.
Drip99
AG
jh0400 said:

I had a mild sore throat on Saturday and tested negative on Saturday and Sunday and finally tested positive on Tuesday, all with antigen tests.
Well that isn't helpful
CDub06
AG
I didn't do the full 50k. I think I took 35-40k. That's a lot.
wessimo
AG
wessimo said:

First timer checking in. None of our family of five had it until this week (as far as we know). Monday my son was feeling uncharacteristically tired and tested positive. None of the rest of us had symptoms the rest of the week so I thought we were in the clear but today I started having some minor allergy like symptoms and soreness & tested positive. Praying for a mild case - my son seems to have had one.

Update...

Day 1: allergy-like symptoms, had a little trouble sleeping
Day 2: low grade fever, occasional cough, congestion, went to bed early and woke up soaked in sweat
Day 3: low grade fever, cough and congestion a little worse, felt tired, took a nap in the afternoon
Day 4: fever gone, runny nose, occasional cough, feeling 90%+

Been taking vitamin D, zinc, quercetin, COQ10.

3/5 in household still testing negative.

Hoping this is BA 4/5 so that I'll have some useful immunity for a while.
jh0400
AG
My experience was similar. I started feeling very fatigued on Monday afternoon, and woke up Tuesday morning with a fever and congestion. I had a pretty persistent cough Tuesday that lasted through midday Wednesday. By Wednesday evening my fever was gone, and the cough was much more sporadic. Yesterday I had an occasional cough but otherwise felt fine, and this morning I'm back to normal.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Hello all. Wife and I have it for second time. Started as diarrhea. Now coryza. Tracheolaryngitis. Aches. Pos test. Doing the usual. I popped a prednisone for good measure cuz we have some. Also took a trelegy puff. Have a good 4th everyone!!!!!
Tom Cardy
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Hello all. Wife and I have it for second time. Started as diarrhea. Now coryza. Tracheolaryngitis. Aches. Pos test. Doing the usual. I popped a prednisone for good measure cuz we have some. Also took a trelegy puff. Have a good 4th everyone!!!!!
I had to google most of those words. Hope y'all feel better soon!
cruiserag2020
Got covid for the first time this weekend. Thursday night woke up with the sweats and chills. Worked all day friday (remote job) and by 3:30 I was done. Achy all evening and over night. Temp got up to 100.8 with cough, aches and fatigue. No allergy like symptoms. Spent all day Saturday in bed popping acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Today I just have soreness in my shoulders and lower back. Sore throat from coughing but fever broke.

Got a family trip for two weeks that we leave for on friday. Hopefully I'll be over everything and good to go then
E
AG
My wife and I finally caught it. Took about 2.5-3 days from the event that we believe we caught it from for us to show symptoms.

I had a bad fever last night that broke this morning. Now I just have a heavy cough and bad congestion. The wife has bad cold/sinus symptoms; sore throat, cough, congestion.

Hope to kick it in the next couple days so we can get back to work!
75AG
AG
Wife, BIL, SIL, and I got back from Europe last Thursday. Wife, BIL, and SIL all tested positive on Friday. Wife tested negative yesterday, but still coughing with congestion. She has it much tougher than I did 4 weeks ago.
wessimo
AG
Anecdotally seems like a lot of ppl are testing positive shortly after flying. Maybe the cabin filters aren't that great... or maybe transmission is happening at the airport.

Hope they all recover quickly.
WoMD
JesusQuintana said:

Picked up omicron from my dad (visiting from Houston, nice of him to share). I tested negative with the government test but my dad tested positive with multiple tests after he left. I had delta last year, so I'm assuming that my immunity impacted the accuracy of the test? I waited until I started showing symptoms, so assumed it would be positive, but I'm quite confident this is omicron. Maybe it's the super secret stealth ninja version?

My ex, who got delta with me last year, also got omicron this past weekend, and she also tested negative, but with the Abbott test. I'm thinking that those who've had COVID already are highly likely to get false negatives with these rapid tests. Anyone else seeing this?

It's nice to get an effective immunization, unlike with the "vaccines," but it's still annoying. I'll take a couple days of inconvenience for true immunization though, so I guess this is the yearly inoculation from here on out.
barbacoa taco
AG
CDub06 said:

How long after testing positive did it take for you to test negative?
LeisureSuitLarry
Wife and I are both double vaccinated.
A couple of weeks ago she got a sore throat, sinus and cough. I felt like she had covid but did not get tested.
She got better in about a week, then I caught it(same symptoms). I felt better after a week. About 2 days after I felt I had recovered, I got home from work and was so chilled, I took a hot shower and went to bed.
Next morning I had a bad headache, chills and body aches. The following day I felt so dizzy at times I thought I was going to pass out so I went to my doctor and they did covid test which was positive
Doctor prescribed antibiotics,steroids and paxlovid. The next day after my first paxlovid dose, I felt almost normal. No headaches, chills or body aches...I never lost smell or taste.
Cepe
AG
First in my immediate family to get it and we've all traveled globally for the last 18 months.

I thought it was allergies at first because we kicked up the thermostat and started running fans more because our electric bill was staggering. I figured it was dust being stirred up because my sinuses were tingling. That was on Wednesday.

Went to work on Thursday and was doing ok. Kind of dragging. Even went to the gym. Then right after lunch my apple watch started throwing out high heart rate notifications in the 116 - 118 range. Tested positive a couple hours later.

Friday was pretty miserable but just a bad cold really. Then about 3 AM I woke up pouring sweat like someone poured water over me.

Felt ok this morning except tired and some congestion. I think I turned the corner on it.

Weird thing is my taste and smell have been enhanced not inhibited. Food tastes awesome. I have never heard that happening.

Hopefully a couple naps and I'm done with it.
hammerhead
Sorry to piggyback on this thread...but I finally caught Covid also.

59 years old (last week), not vaccinated, taking BP meds (currently 120/80), 6'2" and prob need to drop 15 or so pounds.

Last Thursday go out to dinner with my son, late Sunday afternoon I am sore hips, lower back and legs and not feeling 100%. Monday morning feeling like crap, low grade fever, drainage. Took home test and was positive. Start pounding the water, all of the vitamins mentioned here, motrin, OJ, etc..Wake up Tuesday morning in a puddle of sweat, temps 100.5'ish and less, but feeling better than Monday.

Wednesday morning the same, wake up soaking wet..but by mid day on Wednesday, no soreness, temp down even further and really feeling pretty good.

Wake up Thursday and other than feeling a little sluggish, 100% change from Monday. Took another test and it was negative.

This morning, we had given EE's the day off so I was in the office by about 10:30 and I am still here about to head home.

My son (27) caught it also and he is about a 1/2 ahead of me on recovery. Of course I had nt clue I was exposed/infected and on Saturday I exposed my wife and mother-n-law. They start feeling bad on Tuesday and are getting better each day.

So the real question....no alcohol since last Saturday night. To soon for a bourbon and cigar tonight?
Tom Cardy
AG
sounds like you feel fine to me, I'd enjoy one if I was you
swc93
AG
I finally caught it. Used one of my free tests this morning after feeling lousy last night. I know more family, neighbors, and friends that have had Covid in the last month than the whole previous 2+ years. This variant really nailed the contagious part.
FirstOnRaceDayAg
AG
Had it the week of 6/20. I am vaccinated, take 2000 mg of vitamin C, Zinc supplement, 5000iu vitamin D and Centrum Silver (I'm 62) every day.

Developed cough on Sunday evening, Monday morning temperature 99.5 (normal 97.5 give or take). Didn't feel that bad, no trouble breathing and no loss of taste or smell. Picked up prescription for Z-pack and oral steroid.

Tuesday morning temperature 102.6. and felt a little worse. Maintained low grade fever through Thursday.

My wife returned from a trip on Wednesday of that week and did not get sick. However, she started feeling bad yesterday and tested positive this morning. Hopefully, my bout in June will give me some immunity during her illness as the vaccine is essentially useless.
Cepe
AG
Was a long week but on day 8 it was like I never even had it. As quickly as it came on it left just as fast with no lingering effects.
KidDoc
AG
I finally caught the stupid thing while in Montana of all places. Pretty mild so far waiting on my doc to call out Paxlovid just to be safe.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Counterpoint
AG
KidDoc said:

I finally caught the stupid thing while in Montana of all places. Pretty mild so far waiting on my doc to call out Paxlovid just to be safe.

You caught it on vacation... as a pediatrician?? Man!
What is "mild", exactly? A lot of my friends are getting it I figure I'm probably due.
TheMasterplan
Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

What is "mild", exactly? A lot of my friends are getting it I figure I'm probably due.
I'm no doctor but after comparison my experience to others I would consider mine mild.

As in, no cough, no fever, no loss of taste/smell, no massive fatigue.

Just runny nose, a bit of sore throat, general tiredness and brain fog.
Counterpoint
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

I'm no doctor but after comparison my experience to others I would consider mine mild.

Thanks! Assuming you knew you weren't going to infect anyone, would it have made you change your plans if you were going to do something active/athletic?
KidDoc
AG
Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

Yeah nutty haha. It is just typical viral funk for me. Headache, fatigue, stuffy nose, sore throat, low grade fever.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
I'm 49 (for two more weeks!) BMI 29 and no health issues so probably could have skipped paxlovid but I figure why not as long as I don't get side effects.
terradactylexpress
Wife finally got it Monday, I've been keeping kids separate within the house but I'm sure all I'm doing is putting myself through a few days of single parenting before the rest of us get it
gigem92
AG
Think I finally have it as well. Was exposed on Saturday and was fine Sunday and Monday, but tonight the chills hit me like a ton of bricks. Slight cough as well and throughout the day everything smells like smoke, which really sucks.

Work at A&M and Curative kiosk is right by my office so went yesterday. That test came back as indeterminent. Waiting on results from test I took today.

UPDATE
Just got results from second test and it is positive.
TheMasterplan
Counterpoint said:

TheMasterplan said:

Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

Thanks! Assuming you knew you weren't going to infect anyone, would it have made you change your plans if you were going to do something active/athletic?
I would've gone on a walk but that's about as far as I would go. Not keen on wearing down my body when it's fighting a sickness.

I'd say the "post COVID" recovery was worse than actually having COVID.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.